Ben Lettery Connemara Hostel(Recess)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Free Internet
Connemara Mountain Hostel(Recess)(Great Value!)
US$49
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
  • Free Internet
Railway View(Recess)
All reviewsdressing roomget away from it allkylemore abbeyspectacular scenerysconespint of guinnesssalmonthe pubrooms are spaciouswonderful hoteloysterschowdersitting roomspent two nightsthree nightsbar fooddominic
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We were put up here as there was a double booking in our original hotel. What a wonderful jewel in all aspects. the room was very large with a gorgeous surround view of the gardens. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meals were delicious and the service attentive. It was a retreat in the mountains. A warm family run lodge.

Room Tip: There was no pool or fitness centre-I had to put a rating for the review to be accepted.
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is simply the best hotel we have ever stayed in, to stand and admire the building in its setting is like viewing a film set. The room we had (I think it was #1),was perfect in every way, the owner was helpful and knowledgeable about the area and the building, and although we could only get two nights there, we would have had more if planned better. The view over the lough from our room was like a painting, beautiful. Excellent food as well. Initially thought it a bit costly, but soon discovered that it is well worth every penny, and we would love to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed at Lough Inagh Lodge on our way between Belfast and Cork. What a lovely, peaceful place. The hotel has the feel of a country house with comfortable sitting rooms, dining room. Our first floor bedroom had a lovely view over the Lough. Service is superb with friendly and helpful staff. A good cellar too.

We intend to return for a longer stay! There's many interesting places to visit locally and very good walking territory.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I needed a tranquil, chill-out break for recuperative reasons as I have a chronic illness, which by-ill-chance is not resultant from wages of sin. Rang on the off-chance and the phone was picked up, without even dialling, by Máire, who said, "Oh, you are very lucky to have rang at this second!" Either, the greatest sales pitch in hotel marketing or it was my lucky day. Yes, it was my lucky day! Cancellation! Karma credits used up! The Gods! Firstly, the location, at Lough Inagh is world equalling as anyone familiar with Connemara knows. We had four brilliant days. The expense? For the location, welcome, friendliness, service, continuous attention, company of other guests and staff, food and accommodation, the cost is correctly pitched. Having stayed 12 months, to the week, at Ballynahinch Castle, across the mountains (cannot say a bad word about them), the food at Lough Inagh, is as good, the rooms with the lake view on a par and service equal. The advantage is it, because of the smaller size, is more relaxed, totally chilling-out and offers more personal service. Basically, modus operandi is that, Máire or Dominic give you the weather forecast (how, is a mystery to me!) and they help plan your day! Fishing (I don't fish) and gillies, from talking to fishermen who return year after year is first class, even if catches, as is the nature of the sport, can vary, but, I gathered is very good. Proximity to the Western Way (or Galway Way) is a big advantage and suggested walks on this trail or the trail around Lough Inagh are to be obeyed, because, the scenery is stunning and you meet nobody!. We declined packed sambos because the breakfasts were too good (McGeoughs butchery of Oughterard contribute! The fresh fruit salad and cream-like natural yoghurt .... Well, just put the two bowls in front of me please!) The dinners are top notch, service attentive without being intrusive and staying with the fish of the day is idiot-me-proof and hides my lazy menu reading and provides a thoroughly satisfying result. I declined dessert (avoided reading it as I am very weak willed!) for fear of ruining the main-course buzz! My wife (present wife) did ask for an off-menu of the previous night's menued pannacotta (some "to-die-for" expression was mumbled - my wife thinks I am hard if hearing!), and it was produced! I slid back up onto my chair. Two very important points of advice, get a room with a lake view and sleep with the curtains open - waking up to sun-rise, that view and the shifting mists on the mountains (real mountains not like our Dublin drumlins!), you think you may have died. Lazy default Dubliner exhibitionists like myself will be used to open curtains, but, not THAT lake and THOSE mountains! If you want a hotel with fine lines, clinical surfaces and everything in it's place this lodge is not for you. If you want to live in a relaxed, chill-out zone this is your nirvana. One downside. Avoid Tomás the barman, because he hides in nooks around the hotel, must have shares in Diageo, greets you with "a pint?", and he procedes to pull the creamiest, coolest pint of Guinness this side of St. James's Gate, a perfect end to a day hill-walking or fishing! P.S on the morning of departure, we successfully booked the same week next year! Dreamland!

3  Thank Steve2006Dublin
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My father and I stayed at the Lough Inagh Lodge on a recent hiking holiday and we both were thoroughly impressed. Terrific food, magnificent setting and very warm service. I will definitely be returning next summer with my wife and baby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family