Eldon's Hotel & Restaurant
Barry's Hotel(Clifden)
US$467
US$411
  • Spa
Alcock & Brown Hotel(Clifden)(Great Value!)
US$166
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmusselstop floorno liftround windowrelaxing staytwo nightsfamily run hotellambwarm welcomegreat hospitalitycomfortable roomssea viewpeadarharbourconnemarairelandporthole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights at Eldons during a week long cycling trek. The service was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The pub and community sitting areas were very comfortable and a nice alternative to B & B lodging. The room was more than adequate for the cost. A good choice for a Roundstone stay, right in the center of town. It's a 2 minute walk to O'Dowd's for a wonderful meal, just come very early or have reservations.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We have just spent two nights at this hotel which is run by Carole Reynolds and her son Philip. The reception was warm, the rooms comfortable and the food, both in the bar and in the restaurant, was very good. Would I stay there again definately yes, and would I recommend it - another big yes - a warm welcome, a great little village and an ideal spot for touring Connemara.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed in Eldons for two nights while on a self-guided cycling trip through Connemara. I arrived from Leenane, exhausted after a 100km day that included Tully's Hill and the famous Sky Road. Carol, who manages Eldons, was great, got me checked in and settled quickly, and then directed me to their in-house bar where her son Phillip got me set up with some Jameson's and lemon to mix in with my cold medicine. I spent two very rainy and cold days in Eldon's, nursing a cold and resting up for my onward journey. Carol and Phillip took very good care of me, and I had two excellent dinners in the bar--even though the restaurant was not yet up and running for the season. It's a classic old hotel, (reportedly haunted by Mrs Eldon) with very comfortable rooms and nice communal areas. Free WiFi worked well, though they tell me my room was the only upstairs area where the signal is strong enough. A great place, in a beautiful coastal town, run by a very nice family!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We recently spent two nights in Eldons as part of a biking group tour(Cycling Safaris). Carol and her son were great hosts and made us feel so welcome.
We all enjoyed a fun evening singing in the bar with some local musicians and the staff were all up dancing.
Breakfast was hearty with great selections which prepared us well for our day of biking. The dinner was a gourmet delight and thoroughly enjoyed by all.
I hope we will have another opportunity to visit Roundstone in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail H
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband and I had a really lovely stay in Eldons. Very personable and helpful staff and just an all round feeling of relaxation - stunning views over the harbour and mountains. The meal in the restaurant was delicious and because its right in the village you have everything on your doorstep - a perfect base to discover Connemara. Overall I have to say I would recommend it to anyone and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple