“Bugs, bugs, bugs!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lenoir City
Wingate, North Carolina
“Bugs, bugs, bugs!”
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

Please see the enclosed picture for an example of the little friends I had scurrying all over my room. We checked in at midnight after a long drive just to sleep for a few hours and if we could have kept going without falling asleep, we would have. Guy at the front desk tried to charge us for 2 rooms. Bed smells like smoke (in a nonsmoking room). And the television is severely outdated and hardly works. It's currently early in the morning, I'm writing my review and getting the heck out of dodge.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank SabraHart
Ken P, Owner at Knights Inn Lenoir City, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. I do extremely apologize for your unpleasant experience. Bugs are an issue and we do our best to eliminate them as much as possible. Again, I apologize for all the other problems you experienced. We try our best to satisfy our guests and keep our business in top shape. I hope we can serve you better next time. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tippecanoe
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I booked this motel on Wyndham.com 5 days before driving there. I booked it for night only arrive 9-5-12 and depart 9-6-12. I arrived that afternoon and when I entered to register I gave my name and the lady at the desk said we expected you 2 days ago. I showed my reservation print out and she said no, the reservation is for 3 nights. She called the manager and he called Wyndham and talked them a while, then I got on and explained in English. He said wait for customer service. After 15 minutes I connected to Kelly, she was very helpful and took all info and gave a reference number. The manager told me he would take care of the billing and he would argue it out with Wyndham. That night I checked and Wyndham had credited my card for the 2 nights. I signed a bill in morning for one night stay. Now I am home 9-8-12 and the credit is gone and no charge yet from the motel. Waiting to see what I am finally billed. When wife and I got to our King Business room there was MOLD on most all walls. Back to the manager. He got pass key and walked me around looking for suitable room. Found one barely acceptable but it was not really clean as one expects. Was 2 double beds, no business center. STAY AWAY from this motel!!!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere DO NOT STAY here
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Delon F
Ken P, Owner at Knights Inn Lenoir City, responded to this review, 12 February 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is quite possible for a mistake to happen in the process of reserving a room online. I apologize for you having to wait until the problem with Wyndham was being cleared up. As for the mold, we have taken action to make sure that will never happen again. Again, I am deeply sorry for your troubles and hope you could give us another chance to set things right. Thank you.

Travellers are raving about these Lenoir City hotels

albert lea
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I had made the mistake of making a reservation through booking.com and cancelling the reservation 6 days later. The cancellation was e-mailed to me a month and nine days before I was scheduled to travel to Lenoir City, TN. I was called at 7am the day after I arrived by the owner wondering where I was and what happened to me. I had no obligation to call him to let him know that I cancelled my reservation, but I did anyway. WHAT a mistake the owner was very beligerent and told me that I needed to notify booking.com to notify him of the cancellation. I informed him that if he continued to yell and be rude I was going to hang up. I told him I was not responsible for the business transaction between him and booking.com, but that I was not responsible for the reservation cancellation after I cancelled it. Well, I received my credit card bill and was billed for one nights stay at the Knights Inn in Lenoir City, TN. Well, know I have to dispute the charge...AGAIN...JUST DON'T BOTHER BOOKING A ROOM OR STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. YOU WILL BE SORRY!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank marie j
Ken P, Owner at Knights Inn Lenoir City, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Dear Guest, I am glad to see your feedback. Our goal is to create a comfortable and safe stay for the guests hoping that it will bring a smile on their faces. Your feedback is a top priority and must be given attention to us so that we can ensure that our hotel can exceed the guests' expectations. Again, I sincerely apologize and I hope that we can serve you better next time. Thank you
Gainesboro, TN USA
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Having never gone through a third party to book a room we did this time for the festival in Lenoir City. There are no words to adequately describe our night mare. First, no elevator for the second floor in which to bring up our crafts to work on. Then the real horror unfolded. When the frig was opened a horrible smell that burned our air passages permeated the room...it was moldy and had towels in it. We had a fan and opened the door to try to draw out the FUMES! Then we checked the microwave. Filthy. We complained and they offered another room....after hauling our stuff up a flight of stairs and down a hall all after a two hour drive and set up for the show. Did not have the strength to do it and no help was offered.
They brought another frig that appeared to work. A very rude Indian woman stomped in and wiped out the microwave, spritzed some air freshener and stalked out. It was still so dirty we would not even pop our pop corn in it.
Some of the towels were stained...this was just what we could see! The bathroom was not clean.
We tried to get our money back and go across the street to a decent hotel and we were refused our money.
This place should be shut down due to a health hazard and maybe bull dozed.
Dont go there....run away!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Donna B
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We booked this hotel by priceline.com and said three people, and it was just a place to stop to sleep and continue on. We got there late, and of course it was just a window that you rang for service. We finally get our room key and enter the room with one bed. We got back to the front and he says too bad, you booked it with priceline. You want an upgrade you give me $20.00. What choice did we have after driving 15 hrs. I am sure he put the money in his pocket and gave us anothe room, which in my optinion was gross and dirty.
I will never go to another Knights Inn again, the room was gross, the service was horrible
I warn everyone to never go to this one, it is a waste of your money!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Renata S
Cincinnati
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I am writing this review to ****WARN YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE*** On 5/11/2012 I looked this place up on the internet because my friend was traveling to Knoxville to pick up her daughter to bring her back to Cincinnati. There was some issues with I-75 and a landslide that caused a major detour that made her want to stay in Knoxville over the weekend rather that sit in traffic for hours. So I called and Spoke with the Owner/Manager and reserved a room on my credit card. I ask him would they bill my card any charges prior to her checking in. He said "NO" in fact he said they won't bill her until she checks out. Well 3 hours after I made the reservations at 4:00pm she found a work around to the detour. I then call the hotel back to cancel the registration the Owner/Manager told me that he could not cancel the registration and that he had already billed my credit card! I check my online banking an he billed my card at the time of the registration. I had to call my bank and get the fraud department involved cancel my card. So that they could reverse the charges. Don't even call this crook for a room you will regret it!!!!!!

Room Tip: This is not the standard practice of hotel within the Wyndham Hotel Group! I have stayed some of the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tracy P
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Okay where do I start,We drove all the way from Williamsburg Va to see family that was moving away.When I called to set up reservations I told the front desk I needed a room next door to a handicap room because my brother in law was handicap they said that was fine. When we first got there we go to our room witch was next to a handicap room that was great we entered the room and the remote didn't work witch wasn't a big deal I called the office and she said she would have her son come down after school to program it, about a hour. Then we went to use the restroom and the toilet didn't flush I called the office but no one ever came to fix it. Okay well my family showed up about 2hrs after us and went up to get the room next door the handicap room the lady in the office told him he didn't look disabled and she wasn't going to rent him the room.His wife had to go into the uhaul and get his Disabilty papers and check stubs to prove he was in fact disabled when they took the paper to the office she gave them the room and then said you look like you smoke I am going to come to your room in the morning and if it smells like smoke I am throwing you out. And he does not smoke he is ill. with that being the worst thing ever to happen to someone there was no toilet paper in the room we had to wait until morning to get some.The only good thing about the stay was housekeeping they were very sweet and nice they should be running the hotel. I didn't listen to any of the reviews witch I should have If you want to have a good time and enjoy your stay in Lenoir city Tenn don't stay here.....

Room Tip: go to another hotel.....
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Comfort Inn
#4 of 8 in Lenoir City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lenoir City
Americas Best Value Inn - Loudon

Been to Knights Inn Lenoir City? Share your experiences!