“Country location”

and 1 more site!
Kinvara Inn B&B
Ranked #4 of 12 Kinvara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A quiet location 2km from the small village of Kinvara, this new build offers clean accommodation and a good breakfast. Personally I found the ground floor room rather lacking in character and we were slightly taken aback when we had to choose breakfast for the following morning on arrival but if you want to stay in Kinvara for a night then this would be safe choice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah2JB

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We spent a weekend in Kinvara inn in May. It is pretty easy to arrive there by car, we were coming from Dublin. The structure is close to all the local attraction ( Kinvara castle is just 2 minutes driving) The room was clean and comfortable and the owners friendly and very kind. The breakfast was good and with different option. Excellent value for money. Highly recomendend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband & I have just spent a long week end at the Kinvara Inn. What a wonderful place to stay. Just a 5 minute drive from the village yet it feels remote with only the sounds of the birds. Although Kinvara is a small town it can be lively in the evenings, so going back to the tranquility of the Kinvara Inn was ideal. The owners, Eileen and John are a delightful couple who couldn't do enough for us. Nothing was too much trouble, they were always at hand to offer suggestions on trips/ sight seeing etc.
The breakfasts were excellent with a wide choice, traditional Irish, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, toast,brown bread (delicious). Freshly brewed tea or coffee, as much as you want. One can choose all of the above which is included in the very reasonable B&B price.
The rooms are comfortable with tea & coffee making facilities. Beds are very comfortable and the room and en suite were very tastefully decorated. One gets the sense here that no expense was spared and if it's not good enough for the owners it's not good enough for their guests.
This really is Irish hospitality at it's best. I have never met Eileen & John before but I sure hope to visit them again.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone planning to stay in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 I believe. I'm almost positive that the rooms are all similar. As I said in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Decodame
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Lovely new B&B, 1km from town. Rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds. Delicious breakfast. Good wifi available. Friendly owners. Excellent value for money. Highly recommend staying here for a night or as a base for exploring the beautiful countryside.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tamsyn B
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Rooms were very clean, hosts were welcoming, and full Irish Breakfast included in price. We booked two rooms, one with two twin beds, one with a full size bed. Beds in both rooms were comfortable and the rooms were of good size. B&B is a few minutes from Kinvara and the castle. Wouldn't suggest walking to either, roads are very narrow, but there is plenty of parking at both.

Room Tip: front facing rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I'll admit I wasn't expecting too much, as there were very limited reviews/pictures to give me a sense of ease. However, my wife and I were very pleased with our two night stay. I'll address some of the things that I think would be helpful:

Location: It is about a 15 walk on rural road to Kinvara center, and 5-7 to the castle. Weather is never reliable in Ireland, so if you don't have a waterproof jacket, you might have some difficulty. However, we loved the location as we had the option to drive (very short drive to town). Also, this is a new house with a beautiful view overlooking farmland. It is in and extremely beautiful area and we found it extremely relaxing. A previous review mentioned a "new neighborhood." This is misleading as this is hardly a neighborhood--just a new home located in the rural surroundings of Kinvara.

House/Rooms: Very new, but in no way lacking a welcoming and "cozy" feel. The rooms are very nice and well furnished; as previously mentioned the pics do not do it justice. The bathrooms are also new and perfectly met our needs. Overall we loved our room. As for views--someone did mention construction. There is a house next to the B&B that is being built, and the rear-rooms do have some views that overlook construction. However, if you want a beautiful view, request room 1 or the other front-view room (I forget the number) and you won't have a problem.

The owner is very welcoming and made a great traditional Irish breakfast. We loved our stay and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John K
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I was there with my husband on our way to the Cliffs of Moher. It was an incredibly windy evening, everything rattled around us, sheltering in the B&B was a real pleasure.
The room was comfortable and warm, the bathroom clean and modern, the shower one of the best I have ever experienced.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple