“Ireland Trip 2013”
Review of Clareview House

Clareview House
Ranked #3 of 12 Kinvara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is our second trip to Ireland. We stayed in this B&B in 2001 and thought Brenda was super nice so we decided to make sure we stayed here this trip. We stayed two nights our first trip and two nights this trip because the house is so conveniently located to the Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Dunguaire Castle and Kinvara. Brenda made us Rhubarb crumble and tea and sat and talked to us for a while when we arrived. Her home is so comfortable. We love dogs and she had three sweet dogs that greeted us as we came and went. Brenda recommended Keogh's pub. We loved it! We had dinner twice and lunch once. We got to sit and talk with the owner. We will definitely make it a point to stay at Clareview when we come back. Our only regret is that we forgot to sign the guestbook! Thank you for your amazing hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandA2013

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We arrived very tired and our bedroom was a "home from home" and most welcoming as was the Lady of the house - Brenda.

We were early getting down to breakfast and we were made a lovely Irish breakfast by Brenda who could not have been more attentive and hospitable. Our first Irish breakfast ever was an excellent feast. Our usual breakfast is coffee and toast.
Brenda's treat kept us going until dinner.
Brenda and Micheal gave us many ideas on places to visit and things to do in the Kinvarra region.

We extended our stay from one night to 3 nights and enjoyed the beauty of the Burren and surrounding area.

We had a wonderful time and Michael took us to see his farm animals which for us City dwellers was a rare treat.

Room Tip: Arrive early and walk the farm fields and watch the intelligent dogs bring the cows in for milking w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tex Y
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Brenda and Michael, were the most kind and generous couple I've met in years. Their hospitality was unreal. They greeted us with such warmth at the door, they produced delicious tea and cookies straight away. Their home was filled with beautiful antique furniture. I had read that a taboo when staying at B & B's was to enter their private space. One afternoon I came downstairs and my Mom was sitting at their home table. I was offered a seat, food and tea. When I asked about their privacy, Michael, (pronounced "Mehall"), responded with, "This is were the heart of our home is!".

And just when I believed they could not have been any more wonderful, after their help with some schedule rearranging, Michael drove myself, my Mom and my daughter all around the Connemara region...the entire day! He explained a lot of details about Ireland and their people that you couldn't read in a book. He was happy to drive us down roads I would have been terrified to drive down AND we didn't arrive back to his home until about 9:30 pm. He still had 60 cows to milk before his day was over, but refused any help that we may have been able to give him. (which may have been very little.). He showed us his sheep dogs bringing in his cows from the field and he allowed my daughter to feed a one day old calf, milk from a bottle.

I'm sure I have left something out, because they were so wonderful and so was their home, that I can't fit it all in this review. We were sad to leave their home and will have the warmest regards for them every time we think of our journey to Ireland.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We spent our first night in Ireland at this lovely country B&B. We arrived early and exhausted after traveling and being up more than 28 hours. She provided us with a warm welcome and made us a pot of tea. Our room was spotless and we enjoyed the working farm experience and the tranquil setting. It was a great introduction to Ireland and our host, Brenda was gracious and welcoming and was a wonderful wealth of information. We told her our agenda and that we planned on spending most nights at B&B's. She took the time to recommend a number of B&B's along with must-see sights along the way. In the morning, we had our first traditional Irish breakfast and left feeling relaxed and rested.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2013

My family and I recently stayed with Brenda at Clareview House. Unfortunately our stay was only one night with very little time spent there.
My family and I did a very quick tour of Ireland on Spring Break. Kinvara was part of our route of travel from Galway to the Cliffs of Moher. Brenda welcomed us with tea and scones! I've read about tea and scones, but I didn't realize anyone actually did that anymore! And I must say it was a wonderful experience. Brenda was so welcoming and warm and full of good advice on our plan of travel. I only wish that we could have spent more time with her to get to know her.
Clareview house is a lovely Irish home and we could not have asked for a more welcoming or comfortable stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2013

A lovely avenue leads to the farm house - a gorgeous setting. During the spring and summer months Brenda and her husband open their home to B&B visitors. It is a working farm and spending time in their fold is like being part of the real thing. They are incredibly generous hosts - their welcome warm and open. It is very obvious that these folk have huge hearts! Our room was beautiful - both elegant and comfortable. My stay at Clareview enriched me; it was a privilege to spend time in an authentic Irish country home. It is the perfect place if your desire is to be a little off the beaten track; yet it is within easy reach of Clare, Galway and Kinvara.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishAfricanmeisie
Reviewed 29 October 2012

This October our family with two young children (ages 3.5 years and 11 months) stayed with Brenda and her family in their large home in Kinvara. We traveled in Ireland for a week and stayed at a few B&Bs and a hotel, and found this place to be very inviting and authentic. What I mean by authentic is that the family is sincere, and the rooms really feel like your are staying with your aunt, grandma, or relative. It was difficult for us to find a B&B in this area - sometimes I felt like we were turned down at a few places because we have to two young kids. But Brenda and her husband (husband's name escapes me, it was an Irish name) who have grandchildren of their own, were very welcoming to our kids. My 3.5 year old fell in love with "Spot" the dog and wanted to follow him everywhere. I fell in love with Brenda's scones - no doubt the BEST on our whole trip. The beds and linen were comfortable, and the owners provided a cot for my infant, at no extra charge. There was plenty of hot water in the shower - enough for us to shower our family of four, and the towels were soft and fluffy. I liked being out in the country on a farm. Only a 3-4 minute drive into Kinvara - which is a quaint little town. You could probably walk there but we have kids/strollers. We stayed two nights and made it our base to travel to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren, and up to Galway city. It's kind of in the middle of those sites, so it was just perfect for a base for those places. We would definitely stay again. Also, Brenda was so nice that she even offered to send us our child's sock, which we left in the room! What kindness!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family