An Cruiscin Lan Hotel
US$194
US$407
US$371
Travelocity
The Ardilaun Hotel(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$149
US$122
Ocean Crest B&B(Galway)(Great Value!)
US$183
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewschowderlovely foodroom was spotlesstroutsteak sandwichstayed one nightmain streetlittle gemhot waterreturn againhamgalway cityjohncraichousekeepervicinityguinness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just spent a night here. Having read some negative reviews we were hesitant but once again seems negativity is just that negative!
After a few days in the Aran islands we decided a night in Spiddal was in order after a late flight back from Inis Mor. Jumped on TA to locate a pub stay & found this gem of a pub. Loved our stay, wonderful meals, had a very nice sea trout meal last night. Staff here are wonderfully helpful. Room 210 has sea views & a very comfy bed. Bathroom well appointed. Great stay here, thanks guys.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Impulsive84848
Reviewed 3 September 2013

No ticket for the match (Dubs v Kerry) so so against my better judgement we went west last weekend and stayed in the beautiful fishing village of Spiddal. Far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Galway itself but near enough for the obligatory shopping trip!
Stayed in the Cruiscin Lan a bright modern hotel in the heart of the village. Room was very clean and comfortable with a fabulous view across Galway bay to Clare. Enjoyed relaxing walks by the sea and a hearty dinner in the restaurant overlooking the sea. After a peaceful nights sleep we had a light breakfast, smoked salmon and scrambled egg (very tasty, before a walk down by the pier.
Then we nervously settled down to watch the match in the bar and had some friendly banter with the locals. What a match! Great atmosphere, almost like being in Drumcondra on final day. I'll be back for the final if I can't get a ticket for the match.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was recently in the cruiscin lan hotel catching up with family and overs the years have had some communions and christenings here. Its a great spot, directly in the centre of Spiddal and great views from their beer garden of the ocean and straight across to County Clare. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the food is amazing. I haven't stayed in any of the hotel rooms but I have thoroughly enjoyed the food every occasion I have visited. Will definately be returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Unfortunately I can't give my experience a good review. The food was bland and the service was terrible. I would get a take out in the local burger joint...it will be tastier and you'll get more for less money.

I can't comment on the accommodation as I did not stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DLeeChlo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

we have eaten here many times before when we visit beautiful spiddal,but this time what happened!!!! frozen veg which wd take a chain saw to cut,chicken was flat piece rubber only way i cd describe it, my trout was ok,one blackish looking scoop potato,very overpriced for what we got,i asked to see desert menu waited ten min,no one came back,we had our drink on table, went to bathroom,john was g0ne to ask why no one returned with menu,when he got back they had our drinks lifted and a couple sat at our table,i cd have walked out without paying (thats not my nature) because no one seemed to give a damn...would at this min not recommend it to anyone and was very very disappointed...would like managements view on this please

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple