“Great cafe”

Builin Blasta
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Spiddal
Cuisines: Irish, Cafe, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin Ireland
“Great cafe”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The coffee and cakes were worth the short wait for a table. The food was excellent, everybody was friendly and the craft village is well worth visiting. It is a little gem hidden away at the back of a craft village. It was a particularly busy time for the cafe, much busier than normal. I have visited previously and I never had to queue before. This time, I was a bit annoyed when a person known to the waitress was invited to skip the queue and take a table when my party were next in line, we had waited about five minutes and had another five to wait for the next table. It was a bit rude of both the diner and waitress.

County Galway, Ireland
“Nicest Cafe in Galway”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

One of my favourite Cafes. Their Seafood Chowder is delicious and so is their Salmon pizza. This place is a must see. The staff are also very friendly and helpful....they always make us feel so welcome.

1 Thank SG36BM9
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Another trip to Galway and headed out to Spiddal to enjoy the fantastic food at Builin Blasta. I went for a pizza - great combo on chicken, cheese,spinach and a few other things. Then managed to squeeze in the cholocate brownie as well - perfection for me.

1 Thank John P
Galway, Ireland
“Best Kept Secret Cafe in the West”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I visited this café last week with family who do not live in the west and I was most impressed with the home made food and service. I live in the west and had not visited this café before I didn't know it existed it took my visitors from the east coast to tell me it was there. We were there just after lunch and the selection was great all fresh and delicious and we also bought some of there homemade jams and chutneys, this is a little gem and I can't believe I was unaware of it. I will be back again. Keep doing what you are doing it is a lovely café in a lovely location with great parking. Staff are very friendly and helpful and happy doing their work, a rare combination these days .

• Visited June 2014
Cork,
“Small cafe in a small place with Big surprises”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

When we stopped at the Ceardlann, in Spiddal, I was not too hopeful of getting a lunch but had a look anyway. The last, hidden, small establishment was a bakehouse and I thought I would be lucky to get some nice bread or cakes. I was quite surprised at the menu which offered so many interesting things. I opted for the filo tart and when it arrived I was mildly surprised and this surprise turned quickly into great satisfaction. I do not normally like salad but quickly discovered that their salad was both tasty and interesting. I enquired what the salad dressing was as I was very impressed. To my delight I was told I could purchase it and bring my pleasure home with me. They also had a most interesting selection of teas from around the world. I could not resist bringing home some Mate tea which I will use on special occasions. I note it has an orange flavour, of which my dad would approve - he was a tea blender and always put just a little of an orange skin in the tea caddy.! I already look forward to my next visit to the Builín - oh, their desserts were incredible. I partook even though I am not supposed to but .... you know, holiday time.....grin. The staff were exceptionally pleasant; thank you ladies. My French visitor was very impressed.

• Visited March 2014