“What A Find”
Review of Tuar Beag

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spiddal
Tuar Beag
Ranked #6 of 14 Spiddal B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“What A Find”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Tuar Beag has is all. It's the equivalent of a mini hotel. You have plenty of space yet you get the B&B experience with Siobhan and Eamonn Feeney taking great care to make your stay very enjoyable. The breakfast is second to none with something to please everyone. The location is perfect. You have the ocean, the countryside and Spiddal village on your doorstep. I highly reccoment this B&B. It's a great spot.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Marlin, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I booked three nights into Tuar Beag from the comfort of my computer in Marlin, TX. I had never been to Ireland, much less the west coast or Gaelic side. Fortune was certainly on my side. In my all too brief stay I went from a stressed, tired American to a well rested and philosophical one. Ireland is most certainly a state of mind. There is much to do if one wants the experience. I had a seaview of Galway Bay from my window and took several walks down to the beach. There I began to unwind and simply "Be". The people I met were friendly and chatty. There are certainly other activities as well nearby...fishing, horseback riding, ferries to the Arran Islands, etc. I am content to have spent my days "pothering" about the area, meeting whomever.
The Feeneys are Innkeepers of the very best sort. The breakfast offered is far and away the most varied and best prepared in Ireland. I had the "full Irish" breakfast one day and enjoyed it enormously. But the next day I discovered the silky smokiness of Irish salmon in scrambled eggs and never looked back. My room was very large, comfortably appointed, and had a nicely appointed ensuite. I could have heat, or not, as I chose. There were large wardrobes for hanging clothes and a tea/coffee service that was replensihed daily. The front and back garden are beautiful and well kept. I arrived by bus from Dublin via Galway but there is adequate parking for those traveling by car. I cannot say enough about the lovely family opening this house to visitors. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank smoor63
Meath
Reviewed 25 October 2010

From the moment I called and spoke with Eamonn, I had a good feeling about this Bed and Breakfast. Eamonn was very friendly on the phone and when we meet his wife Siobhan, she was just as friendly. We were supposed to stay in the Hotel, An Cruiscin Lan, but due to the Manager not willing to give 8 of us the rate I'd been quoted, we cancelled the reservation. I'm not really a B and B person but I'm converted after the exceptionally great treatment we received from Siobhan. The rest of my family were already there when I arrived. Siobhan welcomed me and went through things with me. I chose my breakfast for the morning and what a choice. The room was a perfect temperature . Breakfast the next morning was really good, fresh orange juice and filtered coffee.. We had different things and no one had a complaint. We have all told our friends and we will all go back there again from once they open for the season in April.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank janiel
Malden, Netherlands
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We were in Ireland to celebrate my birthday and made Tuar Beag our home base for day trips to the Aran Islands and Connemara. We spent three nights, walking into Spiddal each evening to the pub or an excellent seafood restaurant. Eamonn and Siobhan were lovely hosts. The room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfasts were fantastic -- be sure to try the House Special!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lmto
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed in this B&B in July 2010, we wanted to be close enough to Galway city itself ( by car ) but we didn't want to stay in the city. We chose Spiddal because of it's relative proximity to Galway city and we chose this B&B because it was within walking distance to Spiddal town.
The B&B is only approx. 10 min walk to Spiddal town, it is reasonably price, breakfast is very nice and the hosts are very helpful .
I'd certainly stay in this B&B again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 15 August 2010

If you want to have a country experience yet be close enough to participate in the cultural offerings of a major city (Galway) this is your location. We agreed that this place was the most comfortable and accommodating of the places we stayed in Ireland. The hosts were friendly, charming and helpful. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We have been going to Tuar Beag for the past 10 years now.We have stayed weekends in their b & b and spend our yearly summer holidays in their adjoining apartments.Its just home from home.Everything we need for our break is supplied.Their breakfast keeps you going all day with a selected menu to satisfy everyones palate.The bedrooms are comfortable and have the most breathtaking views of The Burren ,The Aran Islands and The Atlantic.Tuar Beag is close to Spiddal village which is suitable for a bite to eat or for a few drinks.Eamonn and Siobhan have years of experience behind them in this business (and it shows).R G AND C MONAGHAN

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spiddal
An Cruiscin Lan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Dangan
Salthill Hotel
Salthill Hotel
#4 of 45 in Galway

Been to Tuar Beag? Share your experiences!