“a comfortable stay in the home of a delightful couple”
Review of Tuar Beag

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spiddal
Tuar Beag
Ranked #6 of 14 Spiddal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2011

When we arrived our host ,Eamon , came out to greet us and spent a considerable time chatting to us. The room was largeand comfortable and the breakfast excellent. We met Eamon's wife, Siobhan, who served a roomful of guests efficiently and in a cheerful manner. It was just what we wanted, a comfortable stop on our journey north.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 66Atlas

Reviewed 12 May 2011

Had a wonderful stay at Tuar Beag! We toured Ireland for two weeks and this was one of our two favourite accomodations.

The room was really nice and clean, with good beds. Really good breakfast served in a beautifully decorated room.

You can easily reach both Galway city and Connemara by car. Spiddal itself is a nice little place that has everything you need in terms of basic infrastructure (supermarket, pub, restaurant, filling station, atm).

Eamonn and Siobhan are caring hosts and we felt like they really wanted us to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We stayed for five days and were delighted with An Tuar Beag: great location, cozy and comfortable rooms, hosts friendly and helpful without being overbearing. Heroic breakfasts!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Spending my first night of every trip to Ireland at Tuar Beag has become a tradition for me. (This was my 6th trip and 6th stay.) My trips to Ireland just wouldn't feel right without a stay at Tuar Beag and a visit with Siobhan and Eamonn. The rooms are clean and cozy and the breakfast is wonderful! There is so much to see and explore in the area, Tuar Beag is a great place to stay multiple nights and use as a home base. You'll never meet two more hospitable people than Siobhan and Eamonn. I'm already counting down the days until my next stay at Tuar Beag.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2011

This was my 5th trip to Ireland and my 4th stay at Tuar Beag! Most of our trip was planned for the southwest of Ireland but we made a special trip to Spiddal just to stay at Tuar Beag. We just couldn't break our tradition. Siobhan and Eamonn are so kind and hospitable. The rooms are fresh and clean with great showers. The house has character and history. The area is beautiful and the breakfast is fabulous!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Tuar Beag has is all. It's the equivalent of a mini hotel. You have plenty of space yet you get the B&B experience with Siobhan and Eamonn Feeney taking great care to make your stay very enjoyable. The breakfast is second to none with something to please everyone. The location is perfect. You have the ocean, the countryside and Spiddal village on your doorstep. I highly reccoment this B&B. It's a great spot.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I booked three nights into Tuar Beag from the comfort of my computer in Marlin, TX. I had never been to Ireland, much less the west coast or Gaelic side. Fortune was certainly on my side. In my all too brief stay I went from a stressed, tired American to a well rested and philosophical one. Ireland is most certainly a state of mind. There is much to do if one wants the experience. I had a seaview of Galway Bay from my window and took several walks down to the beach. There I began to unwind and simply "Be". The people I met were friendly and chatty. There are certainly other activities as well nearby...fishing, horseback riding, ferries to the Arran Islands, etc. I am content to have spent my days "pothering" about the area, meeting whomever.
The Feeneys are Innkeepers of the very best sort. The breakfast offered is far and away the most varied and best prepared in Ireland. I had the "full Irish" breakfast one day and enjoyed it enormously. But the next day I discovered the silky smokiness of Irish salmon in scrambled eggs and never looked back. My room was very large, comfortably appointed, and had a nicely appointed ensuite. I could have heat, or not, as I chose. There were large wardrobes for hanging clothes and a tea/coffee service that was replensihed daily. The front and back garden are beautiful and well kept. I arrived by bus from Dublin via Galway but there is adequate parking for those traveling by car. I cannot say enough about the lovely family opening this house to visitors. I only wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo