“Delightful”

O'Connor's Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Cloghane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was not prepared for the lunch experience I had, the food was incredible! I had so much fun eating there and learning about the Irish coffee and the proper way to make it. I also learned about the amazing history of cloghane from all of the friendly people and truly enjoyed myself in the welcoming atmosphere, I felt right at home and highly recommend it to any fellow traveler that is wanting to come here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 July 2013

On our way out of Dingle we decided to stop in cloghane for lunch. The town looked dead and we we're afraid that maybe we should have kept driving. We came upon O'Conners' and thought to check it out. It was one of the most fun and entertaining experience that we had in Ireland! Michael was so entertaining and told great stories of Irish history!! sherry made great food and suddenly we were wishing that we could stay longer! If you ever find yourself in Cloghane be sure to stop by O'Conners!!!! Can't wait to go back to visit our new friends! Thank you so much Micheal for creating such an amazing day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katherine J
Reviewed 11 July 2013

When i arrived at the O' Connor's in Cloghane i just wanted to stay one night.
I went the Dingle- Way so i stayed in many B. and B.'s.
Compared to other B. and B. 's the night in the O' Connor's was my worst experience.
I could not sleep because my room (1B) was just besides the living room where the children watched TV and talked.
2 or 3 of the children worked allday in the guesthouse by e. g. doing drinks at the bar.
So i unterstood why wanted to have a bit fun in the evening.
But i would be the task of the guesthouse owner to say to the kids to be a bit quiet because the guests want to sleep!
So my night in the O' Connor's wasn't well. Walking all day is hard and when you want to sleep well i would not recommend this guesthouse.
The breakfast was ok. My scrambled eggs where made with egg- pulver. In other B. and B.'s you get them fresh.
I most B. and B.'s you get a coffee or tea when you arrive, because the irish people welcome you very friendly and talk a bit to you. In the O' Connor's it was not a warm welcome as i wished, we did not talk and i did not get coffee or tea. I felt like being just somebody who give them money.
The price was with 45,00 EUR the highest.
My experience of the guesthouse O' Connor's was disappointing.
I would not do it a second time again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Hans G
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed here prior to our last day of hiking. We were early and were welcomed. Our room had a view of the bay and provided for a very serene view. We had dinner in the pub and were treated to, what we consider, the best bread ever!!! The owner and his family were friendly and provided a great place to spend our last evening on the trail. Breakfast was delicious...with more of the best bread ever. The owner drove us to the start of our hiking trail, a very kind and appreciated gesture. I

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carm560
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Found this little gem of a place off the beaten track on the Dingle peninsula. We simply wanted a light lunch and drink before heading on to Dingle via the Connor pass. Open smoked salmon sandwiches on local brown bread was just what was required. Friendly and welcoming hosts made the experience even better. Food served all day and a restaurant for dinner. Definitely worth a visit to a very traditional Irish establishment.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John T
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Super place to stay - just like a home from home. Very helpful, thoughtful & kind owners. Food fabulous - all home cooked. If you want a place to really get away from everything & chill - this is the place to do it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LindaWHB
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Hosts Michael & Sherry very friendly and accommodating. Active and lively hotel: not as intimate as a B&B. No hot water initially in shower, though a try later yielded plenty. Dinner and breakfast were very good. Friendly bar on premises. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloghane
Dingle Skellig Hotel
The Shores Country House
The Shores Country House
#1 of 7 in Castlegregory
Barr Na Sraide Inn
Barr Na Sraide Inn
#32 of 75 in Dingle

Been to O'Connor's Guesthouse? Share your experiences!