“Great day on the Dingle Peninsula, Ireland”

The Stonehouse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Ventry
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Food, service, atmosphere were fantastic. We ate lunch there on July 27, 2014. Great place to spend an hour in a unique building.

There are newer reviews for The Stonehouse Restaurant

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I was with my elderly Mother. Aged 91. Staying in Tralee we had travelled all that way to do the Slea Head drive. Not a lot of washrooms around there! We saw this place and decided we'd stop off, not only for a toilet stop but to have food too. Apparently this place closes between Lunch and evening dinner.
I CANNOT understand WHY a place so far out has to close at all, at that time. I would have thought maybe they would open from the start to say 7.30 / 8.00 pm??? I would be amazed it pays. We were actually hungry so we would have had the works! Their loss. Sadly mum won't travel even to Ireland any more so she won't ever get the chance to visit this place again.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stopped here on a drive around Slea Head.Had crab salad open sandwich which was absolutely gorgeous! Couldn't resist having dessert after as they looked fab.We weren't dissapointed.Service was excellent thanks to padraig (waiter).Will definitely return!

1  Thank JanNol13
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I dined here on July 2, 2014 and it was wonderful. I ordered the fishcakes and chips which were delicately seasoned and lightly breaded. I also had the cheesecake with clotted creme which was decadent. The waitress was very friendly and the bartender/owner was very welcoming and has visited Chicago, a city which he loves. We ate at an outside table on a beautiful summer day. The parking lot is huge and the outside tables were filled with tourists from Europe and America. Children had room to run around. The tables inside were also filled, many with families. The view here is spectacular. This restaurant is within walking distance of the Dunbeg Fort which unfortunately was closed due to recent storm damage although one can view the film about the fort.
I highly recommend this restaurant which is run by a local couple named David and Michelle.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had planned to grab a quick coffee here but when we saw the quiche and salad being brought out for other customers, we quickly changed our minds. The quiche looked too tempting and it proved to be very good. It was accompanied by a good salad portion that was very fresh.

Service was friendly and efficient and the coffee was good too. Nice outdoor seating with great views. A nice unexpected find. (Sometimes it is nice to find a great place that you haven't previously checked on TA … ;-)

1  Thank Chris F