“Lovely and cosy B&B” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaside Haven Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ventry
Seaside Haven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 6 Ventry B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“Lovely and cosy B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

We stayed here for one night (2 double rooms ensuite for 2 couples). Family is lovely, the view to ventry beach is amazing, very closed to a restaurant, the place is so quiet !! The breakfast is great with a lot of choices. we would deftly re command this B&B !

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality

Solo
Business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

Location - If visiting the Dingle Peninsula, Ventry is a great base. It is 10mins by car from Dingle so therefore close to shops/restaurants but also has a remote calm setting, on the Slea Head Drive (awesome) and 30mins over the Conor Pass to Brandon Bay.

Views - Some of the best on the Peninsula. The bay looked different every morning and sitting eating one of Heathers hearty breakfasts with that view was a delight. It made you feel positive about the day.

Rooms - Not huge but ample for a couple. Really tidy and cosy, all en suite. It is true about the low ceiling, but that was only in one corner of the bathroom. I am 5'10" also and grazed the ceiling a couple of times. No harm done.

Rate - You can get cheaper on the Peninsula but you see what you pay for. Heather and Ed worked hard during our stay and I think its fair to pay Eu30 each per night for their efforts.

Either Heather or Ed were always there when we needed them and if they were popping out, they let us know. I rang ahead to let them, know our ETA and they were there. Both knew when it was appropiate to let us get on with things and when to have a chat to us. They were really helpful with suggestions of things to do in whatever weather.

Oh yes, don't go to Dingle if you cant handle the rain or the wind. Weather forcast at teh start of teh week said rain every day. I was sunburnt after the second day. The weather changes constantly and if you were not willing to get a bit wet, you would miss the best bits. Just go for it.

We did loads in the 5 days. Surfing, fishing cycling, even went out for a cycle up the Conor Pass with Ed. Great craic. The Slea Head Drive should be called the Slea Head Cycle because thats the best way to see it. Not many up hills, once it is up it stays up.

If going back to Dingle, and I hope to as there is still loads we havent done, we would definitely contact Seaside Haven again first. One of teh best looking B&B's on teh Peninsula from what we saw.

Tip - Make the most of Heather's wonderful breakfast, it will do you through to late afternoon and then go to the french restaurant literally 10seconds walk from the B&B and enjoy their early bird menu and superb wines. Eu13 for 2 courses. Wonderful.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank pwfish
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2008

The lovely Bed and Breakfast is located right on the main road from Dingle, next to Thady's Restaurant. It is not hard to find! It is set back from the road just enough and you can easily see Ventry Bay from the front, or walk to it in 2 minutes.

Ed and Heather welcomed us and made us feel right at home. They are a young couple. He has an architectural background, and you can tell he has built a solid, lovely house with beautiful woodwork.

We arranged a time with Ed when we might arrive, and took down his cell number in case we were late and they wouldn't be home. We were unsure how long it would take to get there and it was our first time to drive on the left side of the road. We arrived a bit earlier than we said, but all was ready and they were happy to take us in.

We had a room with a double and single bed on the first floor with an extra chair. Our son had the upstairs room with lower ceilings overlooking the cattle pasture. Though he is tall it didn't seem to bother him.

The breakfast in the dining room was fabulous. The view was great. The food choices of hot meals, as well breakfast cereals, were outstanding. Heather even got up and provided us with a 5:30 AM limited breakfast our morning of departure...more than we ever expected.

They have books and maps for us to use and are a great resource for exploration and discussing Irish culture. This young couple has heart and an entrepreneurial spirit, as they establish their Bed and Breakfast. Do not hesitate to stay at the Seahaven Bed and Breakfast!

• Liked — Accessibility
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Lahlumdi
Lancaster, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

We arrived at Seaside after a day of driving around the beautiful Dingle Peninsula, the highlight of our trip (Second Trip to Ireland, a real family favorite, and recommended over the crowded Ring of Kerry). Unfortunately, our stay at the Seaside was less pleasant. We were ready to quickly drop our bags and travel to Dingle to eat a late meal, but no one was home when we arrived, just a message to call a brother-in-law. As we had no cell phone in Ireland, this turned into tiresome trek around the village trying to find a pay phone and trying to reach the party - a total of 1/2 hour and 2 euro's. The Seaside website does a great job of showing the rooms in a positive light, but they are much smaller than expected. The ceilings are very low; I am 5'10" and bumped my head a number of times. Despite being a new house, water pressure is turned off at 12 midnight so no late night showers or toilet use. And the beds appeared to have plastic mattress covers to prevent accidents - very uncomfortable and hot. All this would have mattered less if we would have felt welcome in the B&B, but I am sorry to say that we did not. This B&B gave us the only negative vibe of our entire 10 day trip to wonderful Ireland. Perhaps our experience was an anomaly since a relative of the owner was ill and they rightly had a lot on their mind. On the positive side the Seaside was very clean and new. However, we saw a number of very nice looking B&B's located just west of Dingle outside of town that we plan to look at next time we travel to the area.

• Liked — Clean, Convenient
  • Disliked — Small Room, Poor Bed, not friendly
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank JOHNBUCK
Newlyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2006

Seaside Haven is a new B&B, overlooking the bay in Ventry. It is owned by a young local couple, Heather and Edward Keogh, who made us very welcome.

My room was comfortable and clean, it had a double bed and en-suite toilet and shower. I was at the side of the house, overlooking a field with a few cattle, but some of the rooms overlook the bay, which is beautiful. I left my window open at night, so I could listen to the sound of the waves breaking on the strand - very soothing.

For me, the highlight of my stay was the breakfast. The breakfast room is on the side of the house and has glass windows from floor to ceiling. This means you can eat your breakfast while enjoying a beautiful and peaceful view across the bay towards Mount Eagle. I have stayed in Ventry many times, but this was the best breakfast view I ever experienced.

The breakfast itself included fruit, cereals, juices and full Irish (bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, potato waffle). I had the full Irish, it was excellent, cooked just as I like it. The mushrooms tasted as though they'd just been picked from a field, flavoursome and delicious.

Over breakfast I chatted to Heather, who told me she was brought up in Ventry but had worked in town, only moving back recently to start the B&B. Whenever I visit somewhere new, I always like to stay with locals so they can provide information about the area. Although I did not need that in Ventry, I am sure Heather would be keen to tell her guests about the delights of the Dingle Peninsula.

4 Thank HJ R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ventry
Dingle Skellig Hotel
#10 of 78 in Dingle
Moriarty's Farmhouse
Moriarty's Farmhouse
#4 of 6 in Ventry

Been to Seaside Haven Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!