“Weekend with schoolfriends.”

Clanard Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athy
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went to dinner to celebrate my friends Ruby wedding. The food was fantastic and the service was great.We had pre dinner drinks in the lounge before the meal and it was very relaxing. There was another function on and a wedding party there as well but there was plenty of staff available to cope with all the huge crowd. We had hoped to stay at the hotel but it was fully booked so had to find somewhere else. Will definately stay on our next visit.We had such a good time we decided to go again on Mothers day for a meal. We got the same excellent service on Mothers day and it was packed again. We had a stroll round the lovely gardens on Mothers day as the weather was warm.Will be back again soon.Very good value and great food.

Room Tip: Book early as we could not get a room this visit.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Kildaremfb, Owner at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Mary J,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I'm delighted to read that your celebratory meal with your friends was such an enjoyable experience and that you returned again shortly afterwards for Mothers day. I have passed on your kind comments to all staff members who greatly appreciate the feedback. Please do call to visit again soon to experience our new Bar and Brasserie décor and our courtyard garden which should all be complete for the end of June.

Best Wishes

Mary Fennin Byrne

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed in the Clanard Court Hotel on a DBB rate. The hotel is gorgeous, Emma at reception was very welcoming and efficient. We had a delicious meal in the Brasserie, with very friendly and professional service. Breakfast was just superb, everything you could want and table service! The staff were really attentive.
The room we stayed in was very nice and comfortable. However, shame on the group of 50 year old women who were attending a party and returned to their rooms in the early hours shouting and laughing at the tops of their voices.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Millieob
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear millieob,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Clanard Court Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced our traditional Irish hospitality.

However, I am sorry to hear that you were disturbed in the wee hours and hope that you notified our Night Porter and he resolved this for you!

Look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here one night for a price of 99 euro for two and this also included a free main course each at dinner. I was pleasantly surprised the staff were very helpful and the hotel was spotless.
It was nice to have breakfast served in the morning and not have to help yourself from the usual buffet style breakfast which seems to be the norm these days in most hotels.
It was also nice to see that the rooms for disabled guests are on the ground floor, other hotels should take note of this.
I certainly would stay here again but for longer the next time.

Room Tip: We had a room to the front facing the car park and I have to say I did not hear a sound so I imagine...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear maureen r,

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and felt you received great value for money. Our staff are truly our most precious resource and they strive to make every guests stay with us a memorable one.

We do have great offers for longer stays, so be sure to ask for details when you're next booking with us!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I recently had reason to stay with my husband and 2 kids at the Clonard Court Hotel. I am delighted to report that I can not praise enough the service that we experienced and the staff at the Hotel. Fantastic!
We felt welcome from the minute that we stepped into the hotel.Our bedroom was a beautifully appointed room, that was sumptuously decorated and spotless. We had a very tasty dinner in the bar on both nights and I have to say the breakfast selection was superb, with the room service breakfast being one of the best that I have experienced.
Top marks to Emma on the desk, Emma at the Spa and Gary in the Bar, nothing was too much trouble. All true professionals, that are friendly and hardworking and a credit to the owners.
I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the hotel and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Rosemary A,

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay with us and I've passed on your personal thanks to Emma, Emma and Gary!

I know you didn't want to leave after your stay with us - but you are welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just had our wedding in the Clanard Court Hotel on 22nd February 2014 and I cannot praise the venue or the staff more.
There was nothing that the staff couldn't do to help us, nothing was a problem, some of our guests needed to check in early, not a problem, everything was so easy and so simple for us there was no hassle or panic about anything, it was perfect.
Huge thanks to them all in the Clanard Court for making our special day so much easier to enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Ashling D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Clanard Court Hotel on Trip Advisor.

I'm absolutely delighted to hear that you and Jerry enjoyed your special day with us. We strive to help make every Wedding at the Hotel a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel for your first anniversary!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

A little bit late with our review, we had our Wedding in The Clanard Court Hotel on Febuary 23rd 2013. It was an amazing experience and a really great weekend. I am am Irishman living in Cologne,Germany and my wife is living in Vienna,Austria so as you can imagine we didn't have much time in Ireland to organise our wedding but that was no problem because the Hotel looked after everything for us. I flew in in Oct.2012 and met Claire the wedding coordinater and she organised us an all inclusive deal for our big day at a really really cheap price. I mean they organised everthing for us from Flowers to the great food we had on the day,from taxis from the airport to hair and make up for the Bride ,we really didn't have to worry about anything.They even organised our ceremony to be held in the Hotel which was really lovely and very private and saved people travelling all over the place. As a lot of our guests were arriving from overseas they did us a really greta deal for everyone. 2 nights B & B plus a 4 course meal on the sunday night for less than a lot of hotels charge for 1 night. So we had the whole hotel for the weekend all to ourselves and it was really great to chill out on the sunday with all our guests. The service was perfect the food was just what we wanted,good wine and the function room was great for dancing into the night afterwards. I can not say enough about how wonderful the whole experience was and how friendly and attentive all the staff were from the owner who personally congratulated us to the bar and reception staff who had a tough job accomadating all of our people from all over the world. On the monday they organised taxis for everyone to get to the airport and Dublin City and I got a great surprise when we recieved the bill and they hadn't charged us for people who couldn't make it at late notice and there were no hidden costs at all. A great hotel with a lovely family atmosphere, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like an amazing wedding at a great price especially smaller weddings under 100 people as you can book up the whole hotel. Thanks again and looking forward to the next time we get to visit the Clanard Court. Neil & Maka .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Neil and Maka,

Happy Anniversary! My, how the year has flown.

It's always great to hear back from couples such as yourselves that you enjoyed your celebrations with us - and yes, it can be more stressful for you when you're trying to organise a Wedding from another country. But, that's what we're here for - to take the stress out of it for you!

We were delighted to be looking after you and your guests on such a special weekend.

I hope you can make it back to us soon for your 1st anniversary stay.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We frequent this hotel quite a lot for meals, most days it is good and others not so great. Having stayed in the hotel, it is a nice hotel and comfortable, if there is something missing, just ask and it will be supplied to you.
I have commented to staff about the food in the past and about changing the menu every now and then, they take it on board. The burger they now offer is very tasty, also I quite enjoy the Thai Green curry. It is a family run hotel and there is a personal touch to each visit. Keep the food interesting guys.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kitser1
Nerilie, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear kitser1,

Thank you for posting your review of the Clanard Court Hotel.

It's great to hear that you've been noticing an improvement in the standard provided at the Hotel. We have worked very hard of the last 12 months in particular to ensure that our high standards are maintained in all we do.

I'm delighted to hear that you like the new addition of the Thai Green Curry - it's definitely been popular. We will be trying to updated our menus regularly but also do this with our daily lunch specials for something new.

I hope to see you back here again soon.

PR & Marketing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Athy
The Keadeen Hotel
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#3 of 5 in Naas
Maudlins House Hotel

Been to Clanard Court Hotel? Share your experiences!