“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athy
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a family reunion in June and travelled from England and chose to stay in this hotel, we had a lovely stay, rooms were comfortable and clean, breakfast was delicious and all staff were friendly and efficient, however there was a wedding on Saturday and the guests were unruly in the early hours of the morning waking us all up with their disrespectful shouting and knocking and slamming of doors.
I did complain to reception the next morning and only got an apology to be honest am not sure I would stay again if there was a weeding party staying.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ClanardCourtMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Unfortunately whilst we would always endeavour to control and monitor all noise levels, in certain incidents it is harder to do so. We would however always address any issue from a guest promptly. On a positive note It is great to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and found our staff good We hope you will return to us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lovely ambiance this hotel with a large open entrance hall/reception area. Very nice large rooms which were very nicely decorated. The staff were very nice and friendly. Food in the bar and restaurant was fantastic. Hotel was in a great location only 20 mins from kildare village and newbridge .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Owen830

Hi There,
We are delighted that you had such a pleasant experience. We have just completed our refurbishment in Bailey’s Bar & Bistro so we are thrilled to see our hard work pay off. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our kitchen team. Please do stop by anytime. Look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for the review.
All the best ,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

On passing, decided to pop in for a bite to eat. The very efficient Gary (that was the name on the receipt so I hope I have the right guy) took our order immediately, had drinks on the table and colouring pencils for the kids without even having to be asked. Visited restrooms before we left which were spotless. Lovely food, great service.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I will be sure to pass your kind words on to Gary who will be delighted.
We take pride in our customer care and instil constant training to ensure the highest possible standards for our customers.
Stop by anyway we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

we recently stayed here for a night and I could only fault the place on nitty gritty things. for example we got no toast with breakfeast and charged for items we had a deal for. but beond that the hotel was peaceful and clean and the staff was extremely helpful. the dinner in the baileys bistro is absolutely gorgous id go to the hotel for that alone, it is excellent quality. the breakfast is served in the restaurant with the hot food being ordered and the cereals fruit and bakery goods being buffet style. although we went down for our breakfast at 9 oclock in the morning where a lot of the bakery goods such as the crossants and soda bread bread where nearly gone and yet where never refilled. the rooms are extremely generously sized with the handiness of a dvd player being in the telly, which dvds are offered from behind the reception desk. I would definitely revist the hotel again and I recommend it to a friend

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marie r
ClanardCourtMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are delighted you enjoyed our newly refurbished Bailey’s Bar & Bistro.
We very much appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed your meal. We have invested a lot of time in perfecting our menus and to receive such great feedback really means a lot to us.
I will pass on your feedback regarding breakfast however, don’t ever hesitate to ask us there and then or give us feedback as we are always happy to help.
We really look forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you again for the recommendations.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the 14th June for my nieces wedding and I wanted to review the hotel because I believe in good customer service and excellent staff.I asked for early check in so we could get ready for the wedding and even do there was a wedding the day before this was arranged for us. We arrived at the hotel and the receptionist rang up to see if our room was ready and the phone rang out as the staff up stairs had the hover on so when I explained that we wanted to get ready for the wedding the receptionist ran up stairs to check on the room and it was ready and we were checked in with out delay. Hotel room was lovely and spotless.The wedding itself was fab and all staff in at the reception were excellent all guests were served promptly and pleasantly and especially I think her name was paula she seemed to be in charge serving the food and she also served the wine. She was very helpful with arranging a dinner for my 85 year old mam who is a very fussy eater. This girl told us she is working at the hotel 9 years and I just want to complement her on her customer service while serving our table top class well done Im sorry if I have got her name wrong. Also next morning breakfast was top class and again the lady that served us( I did not get her name) but she seemed to be in charge that morning but again excellent customer service. So we have to give top marks to this hotel well done to all we will come and stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Taylor19Carlow

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
We really appreciate your kindness and are thrilled you had such a great experience.
Many of our staff members have been with us from the very beginning of our journey here, I will be sure to pass on your fantastic feedback.
We truly value our customers here at Clanard Court and delighted that you saw this reflected in our customer care.
We believe constant training and up skilling in all areas allow us to stay fresh and perform to the best of our abilities.
In relation to your mum I can assure you we are a family business who always put family first so it was our pleasure to cater for all of you.
We really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We celebrated my daughters wedding reception here on 4 July.From the moment we entered the hotel we were blown away by the attention of the staff,the food, the bar staff,accommodation all in all a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ClanardCourtMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted to hear you had such a great time. I will pass on all feedback to the staff. Wishing the wedding couple a very happy and bright future together.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My Husband & I booked a last minute trip to Kildare and we are very glad that we did.
Hotel was very accommodating and helpful at all times. Food was excellent on both nights we ate I could not fault food or service.
There was live music in the bar on the Wednesday night which we really recommend and also praised on checkout. Rooms probably not as modern as hotel foyer and bar area but they have everything you need and is exceptionally clean.
I forgot my phone charger in the room but on contacting the hotel after checkout they had it for me and posting it back to me.
Staff was very friendly and helpful and gave us directions to the Kildare Village which is definitely worth a visit. We spent 2 nights 3 days at this hotel and we could have stayed longer there are many attractions to see and do within very short drives away. (Japanese Gardens, The National Stud, Newbridge Silver & White Water shopping centre)
Would definitely return to this hotel when we plan our next shopping trip to Kildare Village.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jobootsx

Hi There,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay. We have recently just completed our refurbishment on Bailey’s Bar & Bistro. The summer sessions are in full swing on Wednesday nights we love the atmosphere it creates some fantastic musician locally also.
I completely agree the surrounding area has so much to offer. We are in fact introducing a new tour trail with Quick Tours very soon which takes in many local attractions I’m sure you and your husband would really enjoy.
We very much look forward to welcoming you both back soon.
Clanard Court Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Athy
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#2 of 5 in Naas
Maudlins House Hotel

Been to Clanard Court Hotel? Share your experiences!