“Top class hotel, excellent service, lovely food, great stay.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Athy
Dublin, Ireland
“Top class hotel, excellent service, lovely food, great stay.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had the pleasure to attend a friend's wedding at The Clanard Court Hotel recently. The hotel is a family run affair and the whole day went without a hitch. The room for the civil ceremony was lovely with a pastor overseeing things, food and service was top class, hotel was warm & welcoming. Highly recommended for weddings or any functions.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank AMCK43
ClanardCourtMgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi there,
Thank you so much for leaving such a positive view for us here at Clanard Court.
As you may be aware weddings are one of our main services, each day is unique and whilst we hav3e the foundations we always try to add the personal element in ensuring each Bride, Groom and guest, receives the attention to detail they deserve on the Big day in question. I am delighted to see our hard work paying off and thank you again for your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back in future.
Clanard Court Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed overnight in the Clonard Court with my 13 and 10 yr old daughters. A warm welcome at reception kick started things off. Vouchers for K Leisure in Athy were given to us after we checked in and we made the most of this well run,clean and well maintained swimming pool, gym etc. We all enjoyed dinner in the hotel that evening. A good menu to choose from,both childrens and for the adults. The meal itself was first class.All the staff were friendly and they could not have been more helpful. The room was cosy and after a good night's sleep we enjoyed the fine breakfast on offer. My two Girls have already told me that next time we are staying for a weekend. I don't think I can say fairer than that. Highly recommended. Enjoy.

• Stayed July 2014
ClanardCourtMgmt, Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi there,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are delighted that you and your girls had a lovely stay.
There is nothing more satisfying for us here than to see happy customers. We do enforce a lot of training here and are constantly upskilling when it comes to training and staff. To see this in action is fantastic.
Tell your girls we would be delighted to welcome them for a weekend and that we have santa’s trail coming soon which really is magical.
Thank you again for the kind recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you on your return.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I don't normally write reviews but after our recent break I am making an exception! Both my husband and myself work in education so when we are going on a break it's "peak time" hence we often go for last minute offers or package deals, we however had never gone to the Kildare area before and so decided on The Clanard Court. We were pleasantly surprised. First impressions on the drive up you are welcomed by a range of alpaca and lamas on the grounds outside.
The lobby area when you enter is both luxurious and welcoming. The bedroom was beautiful, elegant and spacious. We found the staff to be very welcoming, warm and attentive . They were excellent in suggesting different sites we could visit, in fact they went that extra mike for us as their marketing manager kindly gave us a full breakdown on local history and area's of great interest. We dined in Baileys Bistro & Bar which was superb, the waiter (Gary I think his name was) could not have done enough for us! My husband had the steak sandwich and I went for the stir-fry both were delicious. We also had the added bonus of live music in the bar that evening ( A real delight, as I think it is sad to see so many hotels and bars without it now in recent times)
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, we'd stay again in a heart beat and have highly recommended it to both family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014
ClanardCourtMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi there,
We are lost for words with your wonderful review. It is wonderful to see that you and your husband had such a great experience with us.
It is feedback like this that really instils great spirit & motivation in our team here at Clanard Court.
I will most certainly pass on your feedback. We too love the addition to Bailey’s Bar & Bistro with live music on Wednesdays as part of our summer sessions.
We would be so delighted to welcome you both back, and a sincere thank you for the recommendation.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for one night when driving back on way to Dublin but just too tired to keep driving . Loved the facility, found the welcome at reception very pleasant and helpful. Did not eat as arrived quite late. Room very comfortable and quiet with window overlooking countryside. Had drink at the bar which was very nice. Will return to this hotel.

Used the pool in the town (voucher provided by hotel) - which was a really well maintained leisure facility.

Room Tip: As hotel is outside town, I would imagine all rooms are quiet. Mine was to the back of the hotel a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hi there ,
Thank you for your kind review we are very happy you decided to stop off.
We would love to hear your review of our new menu so please do have a bite on your next visit.
I will happily pass on your lovely feedback to our team.
We look forward to your next visit there are lots of activities and areas of interest in the surrounding areas just ask at reception and we would be delighted to showcase some of them to you.
All the best
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding,it is a hour from Dublin on the motorway,very easy to find,very nicely situated,it is a very quiet hotel with no noise from traffic,lovely animals to look out from the room in the fields,the room was excellent,very clean and great size,the shower was very good,the wedding ceremony was small but incredibly comfortable,while the reception room was very nice and very well laid out with plenty of room for guests to enjoy themselves,the only downside was the breakfeast the next day to the room,wasn't the best but it's only a little thing,hopefully have a chance to come back here as I really enjoyed the experience

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ClanardCourtMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Hi There,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review.
Weddings are an integral part of what we do here at Clanard Court Hotel, so it is just fantastic to hear good feedback. We truly take pride in our work and are delighted that this is recognised.
We hope the happy couple are enjoying their new journey.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
All the best.
Castledermot, Ireland
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went for lunch with my husband & 3 small children ages 5,3 & 2. Very unfriendly waitress seated us she seamed to have no patients didn't smile once, I find this extremely off putting especially as it had been quite some time since we were out for a meal. My children were well behaved considering their ages, My 5 year old accidentally dropped his bowl of pasta, they cleaned it up but I was very surprised and disappointed that they didn't offer to replace it, he clearly wasn't finished. I had the salmon which was tasty. My husband had the lamb he wasn't blown away by it.
I just didn't feel this was a very child friendly place and the food was very average.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ClanardCourtMgmt, Public Relations Manager at Clanard Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi there ,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with us.
We are very much a child friendly venue, being a family business we would always focus on creating a family friendly atmosphere. We cater for kids throughout the year and actually host many events such as Santa’s Trail especially for children.
I will most certainly pass on your comments to the staff. I can assure you this is not the feedback we would be accustomed too. However I do greatly appreciate it as all feedback is a great asset to us as we are always striving to improve in all areas.
Our new menu has received fantastic reviews however I will pass on your comments to our team of chefs.
There would never be a problem in replacing a child’s meal that would go without saying.
Please rest assured I will most certainly use this feedback and look in to it further as customer care is at the top of our priority list here at Clanard Court Hotel.
Many Thanks,
Diblin
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Rooms are nice and big bathroom was really nice big shower and bath , hotel itself a bit dated, dinner in restaurant was average portions very small staff were really nice and friendly, Breakfast was really good also great selection, wifi did not work in our room

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are delighted you were happy with your room. It is great to hear positive feedback in relation to our staff also and I will be sure to forward this to them. We do apologies with regard to the wi fi. From time to time I am afraid the signal does act up,
We hope you will visit us again in the near future.
Clanard Court Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athy
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Kildare House Hotel
Kildare House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kildare
Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Clanard Court Hotel? Share your experiences!