“A True Jewel.”

Celbridge Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Celbridge
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was booked into this hotel by my company. I though they had made a mistake! A 300 hundred year old, completely restored Manor House, at the end of an elegant driveway. Set in its own well tended grounds.

Great care has been taken in the restoration of this beautiful building. The staff are very friendly, and genuinely willing to tend to your every need.

The room I was allocated is huge, very tastefully furnished, warm, and has one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. The breakfast has a wide and varied choice, anything from French and Danish pastries, to a full traditional Irish. The lunch and dinner menu's are also extensive, at a modest price.

I will be sorry when I have to leave.

I would describe the hotel as boutique without pretensions, and probably the best value for money hotels I have ever visited.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
262AnthonyK, Director of Sales at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us! The hotel itself is steeped in history and a lot of our corporate guests are pleasantly surprised when they arrive to stay with us as they are used to staying in a typical branded corporate hotel. We do look forward to welcoming you back again and we were as much sorry to see you leave as you were sorry leaving yourself! Do spread the good word!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed overnight in the hotel,This hotel has been newly refurnished It was extremely cosy and warm , the decor in the bedrooms was excellent. I ate in the hotel and the food was superb. The staff both in the bar and at reception were a credit to the management of the hotel.. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hi there. We are thrilled that you had such a great overall experience at the hotel and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us at a future date! Please spread the good word!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Had the most delicious meal on Celbridge Manor Hotel - it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten - absolutely superb The hotel itself is lovely and even though the weather was cold the hotel was warm and cosy and the atmosphere relaxing. Service was very good. Staff were pleasant and the food was served promptly.
We called in for a meal, not an overnight stay so I cannot comment on the rooms etc. However I can say that the public areas were lovely. Outside the gardens were very pretty and there was also plenty of free parking. Would highly recommend

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed our food so much. We really have had such excellent feedback on our food since we opened! On your next visit you will have to stay over and get the full Manor experience!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Went for an overnight stay with dinner, food was ok but felt extremely uncomfortable as manager and staff stared at us whole time, felt as if we wernt the type of people who he wanted in the hotel as he didnt look at anyone else this way. We went just for dinner stephens day with our 3 children and my sister, her partner and my niece. Got an even colder reception, sat out on the couches with the kids and had 2 drinks, we all felt uncomfortable and got up and left, maybe you need to have loads of money to be respected in the place. As a paying customer Im digusted I gave them our money to be treated like that. Also left my Mam waiting on food an hour and 10mins.. 3 other groups left waiting walked out in that time. If I could give it 0 stars I would. Disgraceful service.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank fionanreg

Hi there. We are very confused by your review and it is not something we can agree with. Our staff do not stare at customers and we welcome all members of the public who wishes to give us their custom and try to provide the best service we can. We are sorry if you felt unwelcome in any way and assure you this was not our intention. We hope to welcome you back again at a future date.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

It is with great regret that I write a negative review about a local amenity.
I am a resident of Celbridge and we tried the Food in the Bar on New Year Eve. I want this hotel to work and was glad that it reopened. On entry into the Bar of the hotel the first thing we noticed was the lighting. Extremely bright almost fast food restaurant bright.

We found a seat easy enough as it was around 4pm and the bar was not busy. We wanted to have a couple of drinks first and wait for another member to arrive before ordering food.

On ordering the drink I found the Bar staff to be neither polite nor rude nor welcoming. They served the drink (because it's their job) and issued no receipt. Far from the type of service I would have expected from a new establishment.

On my return to the table I noticed that the background music had gone off. We continued with our drink and talked but the main topic of our conversation was the complete lack of atmosphere. My wife commented to one of the table staff on the lack of background music and she sais she would check. But it never came on. Eventually someone had the "bright idea" of lowering the lighting and placing some candles on the tables.

The missing member of our party arrived and we ordered our food. 3 adults meals and two childrens meals. We waited and waited. Over an hour had passed and we took this up with the table staff. An hour and 15 passed when our food eventually arrived. The Manager also came out to aplogise for the extreme delay. We pointed out a few of the negative things explaining that we were local and did not wish for a such a bad start to a new venture. The Manager offered to give us the meal at no charge. This is not what we anted and offer to pay for some of the meal.

The meal itself was just OK. Fish and chips in a basket which was awkward to eat. Fish was nice but chips were nothing to write home about. The slow roast lamb was like something from a ready meal. The tortillas in the over cooked fajitas were huge and a chore to try and assemble. The kids meals were not much better.

We requested the bill and it came. When we tried to pay the Manager refused. They were very sorry for the experience received and urged us to try them again. The gesture of waiving the bill was very nice. They all need to try a lot harder to strive for the stars they are trying to achieve in this hotel.

For me there are many other Restaurants and Bars in Celbridge with much better Service and Food.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CelbridgeK

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your Manor experience. We are delighted that our manager on duty dealt with the matter so efficiently. We have made a number of adjustments to our menu and service and we believe that you should drop by again sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

If only the bar staff were as friendly as the reception staff this hotel would be perfect stayed here new years eve i know it was very busy but not so much as a smile and a thank you from any of the bar staff they were not very friendly at all ,the wait in between courses for bar food was an hour and we got 2 garlic mushrooms in a portion for €6.95 i would expect that in a restaurant but not in a bar, it also stated when we booked that room service was available 24/7 that was not the case no residence bar either and breakfast was a buffet style served from 7-10 we came down at half eight and nothing was ready came out in dribs and drabs they also had no soya milk but, rooms were spotless and huge beds very comfy love the old style vintage bathrooms would defo return but will give it a while for them to get over there teething problems

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi there. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We have had a number of teething problems upon opening but we are confident that we have now ironed out any issues that we may have had. We would love to welcome you back to the Manor at a future date.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Great job on the refurbishment, really nice hotel & grounds, fabulous rooms. Reception staff were exceptionally nice & helpful.

However, the hotel is newly opened and not perfect - no restaurant, no hot water, there was a bit of a smell in our bathroom and a lot of flies around, which is odd in December. A lot of problems with the bar food; 30-60 min wait for courses, ordered two portions of garlic mushrooms and got 2 on each plate for 6.95 each, I suspect they were running out and thought they'd get away with that. A steak sandwich was served without chips, waiter was adamant that it didn't come with chips, we had to show him the menu to prove. They had run out of vinegar & ketchup. Bar staff seemed inexperienced & stressed out. Not so much as a sandwich available after midnight, despite it clearly stating that room service is available 24/7. There was no breakfast ready the next morning at 8.30am (it's served 7-10am), we were waiting 20 minutes.

It was a very busy night over the Christmas period to be fair, but I hope they keep improving, as it's a lovely hotel.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Des F
Manager c, Manager at Celbridge Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Celbridge Manor, We are very disappointed to hear your experience of the Manor, We can assure you that our service and menus are now under review so that we can improve both, I hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your impression of us by visiting again,

Regards
Celbridge Manor

Also consider these accommodations in or near Celbridge
The K Club
#2 of 2 in Straffan
Osprey Hotel
Osprey Hotel
#2 of 5 in Naas

Been to Celbridge Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!