“Great restaurant - excellent food, service and ambience!”

da Mario Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Celbridge
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I love this restaurant and I now find I go there at least once a week!
It's easy to get there from anywhere in the Lucan/Leixlip/Maynooth/Celbridge area (and worth visiting from even further afield) - with lots of free parking.
The staff are warm and welcoming and make you feel immediately at home. Service is very efficient and friendly and the staff make every effort to accommodate any special requests.
The food is excellent with an extensive and reasonably priced A-La-Carte menu and also an Early bird menu with a great variety of dishes.
I particularly like the "Cozze Saporite" (half-shell mussels) starter and the "Tagliolini Al Nero Di Seppia" (mixed seafood with black spaghetti pasta) as a main course though there is a large variety of other pasta dishes and meat and fish main courses.
There are also a special starter and special main course on the blackboard every night and the menu also changes frequently.
They also have a wide range of Italian desserts and dessert specials also, beautifully presented - and delicious!
The usual wide range of Italian coffees (try their macchiato!) is available.
No doubt, you will also receive a complimentary creamy Limoncello (made by the chef to a secret Sicilian recipe!) at the end of the meal!
Da Mario, Celbridge is your friendly neighbourhood Italian restaurant with a wide variety of people eating there - couples, families, larger mixed parties, young people having pizzas and Italians also. There are many regulars eating there. All this gives a great buzz to the restaurant.
They are also excellent with children (I have eaten there with young children), providing pictures and crayons, chefs' hats and balloons.
This is an excellent restaurant and a great night out!
I would thoroughly recommend it!

1  Thank farender

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We went here for dinner with our 1 year old son recently. Immediately on arrival we felt so welcomed and there were other families there which I always love to see. The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I knew we would be back even before we got the food (which was lovely). The Coeliac options are fantastic especially for an Italian and the gluten free pizza is as good as any ordinary I've tasted. We can't wait to go back and are going to make it a regular family treat as we had such a great evening.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Da Marios is by far the nicest restaurant I have dined in for many reasons. When we arrive there is always lovely friendly staff if not the manager himself there to greet you and show to your seat, the service is impeccable they cannot do more for you. Myself and 3 other members of my family are ceoliac and we are always catered for just the same as everybody else, their is gluten free garlic bread, pizza, pasta etc as a ceoliac you are not deprived of these luxuries as you would be in most other restaurants. The food always comes quick and with a smile, no request however out of the ordinary is too much for this restaurant, they try in ever way possible to make your visit a relaxing and enjoyable experience. If you have not been to this restaurant you have to go, I can personally guarantee you will become a regular after your first visit, the quality n every aspect of dining is undeniable. just go.... :)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Went here for a quick bite on Sunday. Really pleasant staff - really nice manner and exceptional way to make you feel relaxed and at ease on arrival. The only pity is that the starters and main were so delicious and filling that there was no room left for dessert. :-(

Already looking forward to a return visit to sample some of the tempting desserts.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

We come here quite often, each time we are welcomed with such a smile.
Always a little chat and the food is always perfect, never have to wait long.
Not a single request is too much to ask.

Well known name across town!