“Little Gem”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Just happened to come cross "Da Mario" Italian restaurant driving through Celbridge and could not believe the little gem we lucked upon. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean and the Italian music in the background providing a lovely atmosphere. We were only looking a small meal and decided to take the 2 course early bird and split the starter and dessert. We had ordered cheesy garlic bread to start. The lovely waitresses brought a small basket of garlic bread, cut into little squares, which was beautiful but then a large wooden plate arrived with large slices of crusty bread with cheese melted on top and we thought we won't be able to eat our main course after all this!! We had chicken fusilli pasta and a chicken and mushroom pizza, both were absolutely beautiful. Still don't know where we managed to put the tiramasu but when you taste it you will know why we managed to find room for it. From starter to dessert the food, service and atmosphere were fantastic. We will be returning again the next time we are back in the area. Thank God for finding this little gem in Celbridge. Thanks to the friendly staff for making our visit so enjoyable. Grazie mille.

Visited May 2014

Dublin, .
“Fabulous Food and Great Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have been here on several occasions, but came on Saturday night last to have a family meal to celebrate our daughter's 21st. We were not disappointed and we had a fabulous night. The food was amazing!. Two of us had the special for our main course, spaghetti with lobster and prawns, which was truly wonderful. I had calamari for starters, which again was very tasty and beautifully presented. My compliments to the chefs!. My husband had the special of mussels, which he really enjoyed. We had the house wine, myself and one of my daughter's had the white, while my husband had the red, all were really nice and complemented the dishes we had.

We brought our own Birthday cake, which they cut for us and put candles on and served it beautifully. We all had a wonderful evening and it made her birthday.

The service was excellent and the staff are extremely friendly. I found the service on this occasion a lot better than on some past visits, where it was very patchy.

This is one of the best Italian restaurants around and deserves the great reviews it is getting.
Keep up the good work guys!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chattysmiley
Leinster
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Hadn't been in a few years and wad pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent and the staff very friendly. Will be back soon!

Celbridge, Ireland
“Surprise at Local Restaurant”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Visited da Mario Italian restaurant last Sunday for dinner and was pleasantly surprised at the menu and the quality. The youngest child was pleased with their menu and the older children were also quite satisified with the pasta and pizza dinners they offered. The tiramisu was very nice and the service was excellent. Will definitely be visiting this restaurant again.

• Visited April 2014
Meath
“Coeliac Heaven”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was our first visit to this restaurant and it was simply wonderful. The gluten free food is to die for and the staff are so friendly and attentive, they could not be faulted. If I died tonight I certainly had the best meal of my life here and it made celebrating our wedding anniversary truly beautiful. The menu caters for all tastes and if there is anything further you need the staff will certainly go that extra mile. Food portions are very generous and value for money, they also offer a takeaway box if you cannot finish your pizza. We were lucky to have the owner come and speak to us and to inform me of the gluten free Thursday nights and to take my details to keep me informed. We will be returning with friends and family in the not too distant future.

• Visited March 2014