“Very Average”

Abbey Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Celbridge
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are in Business 25 years in Celbridge. Over those years three different extensions have been adjoined to this Fantastic Building. The location on the Liffey in Beautiful Relaxing and visually entertaining. Our Sports Bar downstairs caters to all matches and sports activities but its a real RUGBY/ SOCCER and GOLF house. Our Upstairs Restaurant caters for Lunch and Dinner at present and all Functions after 8.30 pm ie Christening Birthday Parties Anniversaries and all Family Functions. You will notice from the photos the Fantastic Venue Available. We have our Restaurant Supervisor with us for the last Fifteen Years and a Chef with us Twelve years, so it's obviously a nice place to work and we all get along. For a friendly visit we recommend it to all.
Kildare
“Very Average”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I hadn't been here for a meal in a couple of years and a friend of mine who drinks there said we should give it a try. I wasn't disappointed with my meal but it definitely was nothing to shout about. I had the fajitas which were very average. The furniture is still the very same as the last time i was there and is quite old fashioned. Service was ok. Wouldn't be rushing back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LilyN87

Dublin, Ireland
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Was a wonderful restaurant. Went there for lunch with friends and couldn't have had a more enjoyable meal!

Visited February 2014
“Very poor service and food”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We went into the restaurant and ordered the cid and chips the cod kooked and tasted like packet frozen as triangular in shape very disappointing when it came to paying the biklung I had to go and fubd staff to take my money wont be returning or recommending

3 Thank cornishdub
Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
“very pleasant experience”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

i visit the abbey lodge with my local pitch and putt club from o connors of celbridge approximately 5 times a year since 2011.after a number of bad experiences with restaurants around the local area we decided to give the abbey lodge a try and boy were we not disappointed the food is excellent and great value for money and the service is first class the staff are courties and friendly and most willing to ensure everything is 100% which it always is.our group comprise of 15 to 20 people and anybody want to check us out we will be there at 18.00hrs. on sat 13th. july 2013.i should also mention the bar service is also first class. the restaurant and toilets are always spotlessly clean.so keep up the good work abbey lodge you are guaranteed on group for the for seeable future.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Frank P
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice suprise”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We had some rain last weekend so we decided to stop and sit a little bit down outside of the pub. We had a dog so we can not go inside, but they were nice and let us go to the balcony and had our nice dinner. We had the view to the Liffey and they just let us to talk with eachother, that was what we needed that time. We had early bird menu and the food was very tasty, the sevice was excellent. I got value for my money... I was here several times, and I had very nice steaks and now we had some good lamb meet. I am sure we will go back again.

• Visited June 2013