“venison”

Dining options: Reservations
kildare
“venison”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was there on saturday night with a crowd and I ordered the venison, and I was really looking forward to it but was I so disappointed there was no flavours nothing to it, I would have been better staying at home and cooking my own beef stew,it was so bland it was unreal and I would eat a lot of game so don't think I will be going back any time soon

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank GemmaKildare
Manager-RedDoor, Owner at The Red Door Bistro at Kavanagh's Pub, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Gemma,

Thank you for your review.

We contacted our Supplier Wild Irish Game and out of the 70kg they delivered across the country they had no complaints from any other business owner.All customer feedback is very important to us so in this case we have taken the decision to take it off the menu this week coming.

Apologies you were so unhappy with your meal but I really think it shouldn't deter you from coming back.When the table of ten was checked on we were informed everything was good.If the problem had been highlighted at the this time we could have dealt with the issue straightaway.
I was the one was looking after your table and was assured that everything was as should be.

When the bill was being paid then only was the problem mentioned.

If you want to contact me directly please feel free to do so.
Thanks,

Tipperary, Ireland
“not bad not greate”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Came with partner for late lunch on monday . Never been here before . First impression ... amazing looking place. Menu not so great , not much choice. I had daily special -seafood risotto which was good but to small portion for my test. house wine was excellent ! my partner had open sandwich (chicken and ham ) very disappointing, he was looking forward to "mustard mayo" but he never found it on the plait or on sandwich :( The staff was friendly but at one point one girl shouted to another across whole place that she is going for cigarette now ...??? Which in my opinion is unacceptable ! Probably wont be back ... or maybe just for glass of wine ...

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank foodlovaa
Manager-RedDoor, Owner at The Red Door Bistro at Kavanagh's Pub, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your feedback from your lunch in Kavanagh's Pub.
Just a few things I'd like to point out.

I've posted up a picture of our lunch menu which we feel offers a great amount of choice for our lunch time customers.

The seafood risotto you had which contained mussels,salmon and haddock was our lunchtime special.Portions at lunch time are in accordance to the price which was just €10.
We had a request from this table for no mustard mayo with the open chicken I have been told but I do apologise if this was not the case.

As regards the cigarette girl as it was late in the afternoon all the staff finish up and may sometimes get ahead of themselves!Apologies if this offended you.

We do hope to see you again even if for that glass of wine!

If you would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so,
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We ate here on Saturday night for of us.
We are from Kildare and dine out quite often.

This restaurant in my opinion is the best there is Naas and Kildare have to offer.

The restaurant is stunning over looking the Main Street and above one of the best pubs in Naas.

The menu has great choice and well priced.
It's family run and it shows in every detail ,

The floor staff were efficient and professional .

The chef delivers some mouthwatering dishes and his reputation proceeds him .
This restaurant has everything to offer.

I had tandoori tiger prawns and duck as my main course, and a ver delicious lemon posset.

Classic dishes done well.

The Wine list has lots to offer for every palate .

The red door bistro take a bow.
FANTASTIC .

Can't wait for my return ..
A true hidden gem in Naas.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jeff19762013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind review regarding our restaurant.
We look forward to looking after you again,

naas
“WOW, a great night had by all”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I booked this restaurant for a surprise 60th for my mother on the back of three great meals I'd had here in the last six months. Imagine my horror to read a review here on the morning of our dinner about the lack of coeliac options (my mother is coeliac). I checked the website and it showed that all starters and mains on the a la carte menu were either suitable or adaptable for coeliac. I then rang the restaurant and was assured that this was the case. The previous reviewer may have been confused, she did review ten restaurants in one day.

Anyway back to our meal. We arrived with 13 people instead of the 10 that were booked and were assured that this wasn't a problem, Some tables were moved around and we were seated within minutes. The staff were friendly and helpful all night. Between us we ordered most of the menu and nothing disappointed. I had the the tiger prawns and the duck (which is probably one of the most beautiful main courses I've ever eaten). I also tasted the huge on the bone rib-eye and the fish special of monkfish, both of which I've had before and both were as good as I remembered.

All in it was a great experience. The waitresses and waiter were friendly and willing to advise in relation to both food and wine. The food itself was amazing and it was all in a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Can't recommend enough.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Sir,

I'm delighted to hear you and your family had a lovely evening.
We look forward to seeing you again at The Red Door Bistro,

Dublin, Ireland
“Only average”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Eat here last week with my mum and sister. I wont be running back. Average at best. Terrible selection for Celiac's and considering Ireland has the highest rate of Gluten intolerant people in the world it should be better. In the end all I could eat wa a burger. The didn't offer what way to cook it, so I got a well done burger. As I couldn't have a bap as they werent GF, All in all it was pretty shoddy and not enjoyable at all as purely for the lack of choice I cant return.

Visited September 2013
Manager-RedDoor, Owner at The Red Door Bistro at Kavanagh's Pub, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your review.Although I'm not going to lie it has left me quite confused!!

I see you ordered from the Early Bird which has four mains and four starters to choose from.All coeliac options are clearly marked with an asterix -so you had a choice of two mains and two starters from this menu.

On our A La Carte we have six mains and six starters.All six starters are marked with an asterix again as they may be (as stated on the menu)-"Suitable or Adaptable" for coeliacs. Again five out of six main courses here are marked with an asterix.(Please refer to our website).

I think this definitely represents alot of choice for gluten free diners and our kitchen is only happy to oblige any particular requests a customer may have!

When cooking our burgers we adhere to FSA regulations and all our burgers are cooked to the core.Therefore we don't offer any temperature and never have.

Your review lacks the content to describe your experience as "shoddy" in our restaurant and I won't be worrying about it.

If you would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so,