Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure
US$272
US$179
  • Breakfast included
1,500 results
All reviewsjacks barturners restaurantbeautiful groundsbutterfly gardenafternoon teaoriginal houseseparate buildingsnug barboarding schoolfour poster bedbeautiful hotelfamily weddingwedding receptionduty managerrestaurant managerwaiting staffboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just returned from Afternoon tea at the Hotel with family and it is certainly a place we will be returning to. Called this morning to confirm and spoke to Nigel (I think and if i'm wrong on the name I am sorry as he was very pleasant), I confirmed the amount of people and as it was a special occasion I wanted to ensure there was enough plates ordered, he said not to worry and he was right. I arrive and was greeted by the gent I spoke with earlier, table was ready and he remembered I said it was a birthday celebration and he would arrange a birthday plate for my mam. We were brought to our table and told Hannah would look after us, when the rest of the party arrive our order for tea/coffee was taken. There was a delay of about 25 minutes on getting the afternoon tea delivered but Hannah did come over twice to apologise and to say it would be with us shortly which we appreciated. Nothing worse then not been told and trying to catch a staff member so well done. Afternoon tea arrive, 1 one the afternoon stand and the other on just plates as they didn't have enough due to how busy it was (and it was busy) It looked and tasted lovely, high complements on the relish on the Ham Sandwich, warm scones yum and gorgeous passion fruit cheesecake & mini pastries. Due to numbers we ordered extra scones but aside from that there was plenty and Hannah offered to pack up the non eaten items for us to take home. Hannah was attentive to our table, tea/coffee replenished (a number of times : ), time flew. We left 3 hours later very happy and paid our bill with the same gent who showed us to our table. If I did have a low point and to be it would be the room, it could do with being dressed better it does seem as if its a standby room not used only when very busy. Aside from that it was my first visit but will not be my last and I would certainly recommend it to people. Well done to the staff and thank you for making this family occasion a pleasant one

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had the pleasure of staying here with my extended family .to celebrate our mothers birthday recently and have to say that the staff were exceptional, they couldn't do enough for us. The hotel has a great atmosphere, the food and wine (limited selection) was lovely although a little pricey. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
KillasheeHouseHotel, Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear 4alive,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review.

We are extremely lucky to have a wonderful team here and we are delighted that you felt that too. At the moment we are updating our menus and pricing list so thank you for bringing this is to our attention.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you all as guests of Killashee and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Booked afternoon tea as a Mothers day treat. The price seemed very reasonable.
On arriving to the hotel it looked really lovely. Lovely reception area & nice reception staff. When we were shown to the area where afternoon tea was served it was a side room off the bar. The room itself wasn't very cosy or welcoming.
When the afternoon tea come it looked tired form the get go !
The sandwiches were ok not exactly how they are described in the menu. The madeira cake had seen better days & the pastries were how I could only describe as terrible. The cheesecake looked as i it was still defrosting, the base was completely soggy. The Macaroons were no way fresh I have tasted better macaroons from a supermarket. The glazed fruit tart consisted of a shop bought pastry case which soft, a blob of fresh cream half a strawberry & a raspberry, Im not sure where the glazed part was !
The lemon meringue was fine, apart from the soft pastry.
The only saving grace of the entire afternoon tea was the scones. They were fresh, still a little warm & tasted great.
The waitering staff were pleasant but not very attentive.
What should have been a lovely afternoon turned in to such a disappointment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank RBC31
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear RBC31,
Many thanks for your review and I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience of Afternoon Tea on Sunday, as is our Pastry Chef.
Afternoon Tea is treated as a very special occasion here in Killashee and it is actually something we take very seriously and in fact pride ourselves on.
I really would like to discuss your experience further as your review certainly doesn't reflect what we would like everyone to experience when they choose Killashee House for an Afternoon Tea treat. You can contact me on smooney@killasheehouse.com
I look forward to hearing from you,

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Myself & my fiance stayed here last weekend for my birthday after getting off to a bad start in a different hotel so we rang Kilashee House Hotel & thankfully it was available and they gave us a great deal also!

As soon as we drove up towards it I knew it was going to be fab, the interior, the stairs, the bar, the staff - everything about it oozes elegance! The staff are so friendly and helpful, the place is spotless which must be difficult as the hotel is massive.

The room was immaculate with beautiful comfortable bedding. The hotel bar had music both nights which was great as we stayed there both nights and enjoyed the excellent food, drink and music! The Snug Bar just around the corner of the hotel is so cute and has a real Irish feel about it, I felt like a tourist sitting by the fire reading the history that was all over the walls - I didn't want to leave!

Kilashee House Hotel is the type of hotel that you could stay there all weekend, enjoy the buzz around the place and sit and watch people and the world go by. It has beautiful grounds with a beautiful garden which is has a fountain where it asks you to forget your worries and enjoy the peace around you - it really is a beautiful place!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get back to Kilashee until the new year and I am already looking forward to it more so than my honeymoon in America at the end of the year!!

It is a place that I honestly cannot fault, a place that makes you feel like you are away from all the daily stresses of life and definitely a place that stole my heart - I can't wait to go back! Thank you Kilashee House Hotel x

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear IrelandERM,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review, we are delighted that you choose Killashee House for your stay and really appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team & the service at Killashee.
We wish you the very best of luck with the planning of your forthcoming weddings & your honeymoon and certainly look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My sister and I had an overnight stay at this hotel last week. The weather was poor - wet and windy - but the hotel more than made up for that nuisance. Laura, a happy, friendly girl, checked us in at Reception. We were in Room 316 which had two huge and very comfortable beds (we loved the white linen bedclothes) with an abundance of pillows. 316 overlooks the garden where the daffodils and narcissi brightened the whole aspect, not alone for us but for the two bunny rabbits which kept bobbing in and out.of the woodland area. Peace and tranquillity reigned. The room was warm, clean and inviting and the en suite was similar. Two fluffy bathrobes were there for us and plenty of soft white towels.

We had a snack in Jack's Bar & Bistro...really good mushroom soup and a very well-filled Ciabatta "sandwich". We had booked Dinner for 7.30 and this also was delicious, all four courses, presentation was good and the service was brisk and efficient. In fact the staff went out of their way to make sure that we had all condiments, sauces etc.and that the food was to our liking. Thank you girls for your unobtrusive care and attention. There was a huge fire burning in Jack's and plenty of seating nearby where one could relax before or after their meal.

Following a good night's peaceful sleep we had breakfast in the Main Diningroom - Turner's. There was food available in plentiful supply and to suit all tastes....juices, fruits, cereals, breads, cakes etc. (but ah, they had run out of grapefruit sections... caught napping in the midst of all the various options!!) We both had a delicious cooked breakfast - almost anything we wished to have, nothing was any trouble and served with a smile and a cheery word to enjoy.

Obviously a popular hotel with Corporate clients also, as each day there were Company
Conferences going on in the different Suites and many people staying over too, as there was more of a rush on the complementary 'Irish Times' at breakfast time.

It must cost a fortune to keep this place in pristine condition and the owners are doing a very good job. I did see a rip in the carpet on one of the corridors, perhaps at a joining, but I wholeheartedly forgive them for that. My sister thinks that some good fairies must still live in Killashee and we'd love to come back when the weather improves to check that out, together with the beautiful grounds, the fountains and the walks in the gardens.

Laura at Reception gave us directions to take us straight to the N7, thus avoiding going through Naas town as we were not planning any shopping in the heavy rain.

Room Tip: Overlooking garden is lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear judyjoycethejoker,
Judy thank you so much for your beautifully written review, it certainly brought a smile to all our faces and we really are so delighted that you enjoyed your time in Killashee.
In particular, our wonderful Head Gardener Tony was delighted with the mention of the gardens, we are extremely lucky to have such beautiful grounds (& wildlife like you mention!) on the estate & the credit must go to Tony who has been with us for over 26 years and his team.
We are glad that you enjoyed all aspect of your stay & hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Killashee really soon.
Simon Mooney - Deputy General Managaer