“Excellent”

Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in July as a family of 5. Although there's a very good children's pool there is nothing else child specific at the hotel. However despite that we all had a great break - lovely relaxed atmosphere with every member of staff we encountered friendly and helpful - beautifully maintained gardens and plenty of space around hotel and we had an excellent meal as well. Spacious well furnished room and a good breakfast topped it all off (lack of HP sauce for the fry forgiveable!). This would be a great location for a relaxing break as a couple.
Really excellent value all round.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the gardens at the rear
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,425)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently stayed one night with spa treatments and a meal in restaurant, Everything was perfect from car park , Check in, spa treatment and relaxation room, bedroom huge beds, gardens, lunch in bar, dinner in restaurant, and breakfast. All staff were friendly and polite. A charming old house with plenty of character in every room. I will be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank smalltourist
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived as a guest for a wedding Reception and was checked in by a Female receptionist who's welcome was not very nice- no smiles or welcome, all I was asked was our name and told your room is that way and that will be 143euro. The receptionist gave us no information on breakfast times, checkout etc... which we had to find out from other guest, not a very pleasant person to have as the first point of contact for such a nice hotel. Our superior room was a long long was which we had to take a lift to floor 2 walk 2 very long corridors and then get into another lift and go to a second floor from there and 1 more very long corridor and finally we go to our room. The view from the corridor windows were awful looking down on bins and rubbish which looked like it has been there a long time but it does explain why there are netted curtins on every window. Our room was nice and clean with a big bathroom, separate bath and walk in shower and double sinks, pitty no robes or sippers provided for a superior room. The only 2 faults were the TV was a big old grey box with very few channels and the wall paper was badly marked. The white bed sheets could do with been replaced with new- fresh crisp sheets. Breaskfast was fantastic could not fault it. It was very hot and delicious with a great selection of fruits, yogurt, pastries, cerals etc the full breakfast- was sasuage, egg, bacon, mushrooms, fried potatoe, tomatoe, black and white pudding. The scrambled egg was the best I have ever tasted mmmmm. The gardens are beautiful but it was a pitty and some of the gates were pad locked so we could not enter not sure what the reason for that was. The front of the hotel badly needs to be looked at it looks very old and run down not what u would expect to see when driving up this lovely avenue, some of the windows to the front look like they have never been cleaned and alot of clutter in the windows. I used the leisure centres pool, sauna, steam room and jazzui and all were lovely and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank amoportlaoise
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Amoportlaoise

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel recently after your stay with us. I am so sorry about the cold welcome you received from our receptionist on check in. Sometimes when they are checking in wedding guests they are concious that guests want to get to the drinks reception and try to make the check in as efficient as possible but of course they should still offer porterage and give information about the hotel. I agree with you first impressions are so important and it needs to be right.

Unfortunately the back yard is where the recycling center is and also where the deliveries come in. We do have a Back of House Department so it is keep neat and tidy at all times and thankfully we do not have any bedrooms over looking it. I appreciate your feedback on the view from the corridors when you pull back the nets but I can assure you that I am putting an action plan in place immediately to screen this area more.

In relation to the rooms we do supply slippers to all rooms however we do not put robes in all rooms. The Tv's do need to be updated and this is hopefully something we will be doing in the near future and also updating the bedroom block that you were staying in.

II was delighted to see that you enjoyed the breakfast and your time in the Leisure Center and the gardens and I really do hope you will comeback and visit us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night earlier this week on a TravelZoo deal - an amazing £119 for dinner, bed and breakfast.
Plus points -
The dinner was fantastic - we had the choice of the entire menu and the only supplement was 5 euros for the steak. Beautiful quality of food. There is certainly a chef here who understands flavour and presentation. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Spacious and well decorated room. Particularly good bathroom with modern interior design.

Stunning grounds.

Very fast free wifi.

Negative points -
It is good that the swimming area has times when children are not allowed. However the staff should be more strict in ensuring that parents obey these timings. Children were not allowed in after 6.45pm however at exactly 6.45pm, a 3 yr old came in with his father. Rather than go to the children's pool (where he shouldn't even have been at this time), the father brought the child to the adult pool and started throwing the child in wearing his arm bands. Lots of shrieking followed. I would have liked for a member of staff to come in around 6.50pm to check that all children were out of the pool. This would have taken 1 min but would have meant that all the adults would have had a peaceful swim. (I have to say on Fri morning there were no children in the pool until 9am and it was absolutely blissful - this is how it should have been the night before)

2 lights were not working by our bedside. This was annoying as it made it virtually impossible to read. I only noticed when I got into bed at 10.30pm and didn't feel like phoning reception at that time for someone to come up and fix the problem. More vigilance required by cleaning staff to ensure all lights are working.

Breakfast wasn't quite up to the quality of the food the night before. This was disappointing as the food was so good the night before. A very dull fruit salad assortment - grapefruit, melon - I think that was it, as well as the usual items. I was expecting slightly more.

No air con in room and it was a particularly hot night.

Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. It was perfect for visiting the National Stud and Kildare Village.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bunny Palmer

I would like to thank you so much for your lovely review on Tripadvisor and for your most helpful feedback. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed yourself and especially the food our chef was thrilled to see the review.

I have spoken to the Leisure Center about your feedback in relation to the children and they are going to be more vigilant going forward and appreciated your helpful comments. I am so sorry that the lights in your room did not work beside the bed and I have spoken to the Accommodation Manager about this and sincere apologies about this.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the breakfast as we have recently introduced new items on to the buffet and have had great feedback from guests about how plentiful it is.

I really do hope you will come back and visit us again sometime in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

It wasn't long before I realized I would depart from this little slice of Paradise quite nonplussed. It started really when I asked the porter if we could take an elevator to our room (normally I take the stairs but a recent accident has left my knees a little the worse for wear) and he replied, "Eh, no, they haven't invented lifts that go sideways yet." It has a feel of Hogwarts about it, despite the lack of sideways elevators! Bring breadcrumbs unless you have an excellent homing instinct. I got lost, elevators may not have gone sideways but they seemed to go round corners. Never mind that for now....This is a beautiful peaceful place to stay; the gardens are fabulous and there are loads of nooks and crannies where you can hide yourself away with a good book. We had afternoon tea, ahem....it could do with a little refinement, unless of course you've just come in from ploughing a field. For goodness sake, haven't they heard of finger sandwiches! The food we ordered in the bar/restaurant was very enjoyable and staff plentiful and pleasant, At breakfast time I found myself staring at my plate in wonderment. "Eggs Benedict, hold the bacon" turned out to be one lonely egg with an artful drizzle (I use the word advisedly) of hollandaise on half a toasted bap (!). Go figure.

Back to my elevator preoccupation: the voice announcing floors was Irish and beautiful; not a bit plummy or hailing from foreign shores like most other elevators.

I think I had a great time......I'll have to go back to be certain.

Room Tip: Surroundings are all lovely, perhaps you could ask for a room that is easily accessible to reception...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fiona W

Dear Fiona W

I would like to thank you for taking the time to come and visit us here at Killashee House Hotel and for your very helpful feedback. It was with regret that I read of your comments and I would Iike to apologise for any upset caused. On behalf of the porter I would like to apologise for the comments he made about the lifts and I can assure you that there was no malice intended.

I was upset to read that you did not like all the elements of the Afternoon Tea as we always receive such great feedback about it and it is very popular. We do try and put a Killashee twist on our Afternoon Tea which is why we have open sandwiches rather that the finger sandwiches and we tend to change the pastries with the seasons too just to keep it all fresh and new.

I have spoken to our Breakfast chef and we are looking at the eggs benedict and maybe increasing the portion size as it is such a lovely dish to have on for breakfast and we need it to be more of a WOW. So thank you so much for this helpful feedback.

I really do hope you will come back and visit us again sometime in the near future where hopefully we can meet of not exceed your expectations of us.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I attended a wedding at this hotel, they hosted the ceremony and the reception. The whole thing was fabulous. We arrived after a couple hours drive & were able to check in to our room early. Our room was quite far away from everything, nothing wrong with the room at all but I was with my mum who has difficulty walking. When we were walking to the service, a staff member saw my mum struggling & offered us assistance. Without us having to ask she offered to organise a closer room & within 10 minutes she told us we could move to a considerably closer room. After the wedding service I returned to our original room to pack our stuff then a porter came & transferred our bags. He was very helpful & pleasant. The customer service was fantastic. The food throughout was very nice, good selection at breakfast. The only thing was that the bar prices were a bit on the hefty side, not surprising in such a hotel. The old building and the grounds are stunning, I never got a chance to see the spa so can't comment on that. A good spot!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank BoBo817
Reviewed 9 July 2014

One word comes to mind when i think of this place CHARM CHARM CHARM. The staff were out on there own Louise, Patrica and a well built lad with dark hair was working in the restaurant on the 3th of july i think is name was shane or conor well he was just great and he looked after us so well we will be back again.. Thank you all for our lovely stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ann c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Osprey Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Kildare House Hotel
Kildare House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kildare

Been to Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure? Share your experiences!