“Romantic overnight stay”

Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We celebrated our parent's 50th wedding anniversary here a few years back and have been intending to have an overnight stay ever since. We eventually got around to it last weekend. Although it took two lifts and about 5 mins of walking to get to our room we couldn't fault the room. It was spotless and spacious. We had afternoon tea in Jack's restaurant and the scones are just delish. If I was there again scones and tea/coffee would be more than enough (honestly the nicest choice from the afternoon tea). The package we booked also had dinner for two in Jack's and that was good but not great, minor issues with some of the food were just brushed aside by the waitress and not resolved. Some staff definitely needed a refresher course on customer service. We were billed for drinks we didn't get, this was sorted but would have easily gone unnoticed by the other half had he been signing for the bill. I would stay again but I would choose a room in the old house and maybe try Turner's Restaurant instead.

Room Tip: Gardens are well worth a walk around on a fine day
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shiversnshakes
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear shiversandshakes

Thank you so much for your most helpful feedback and for coming to visit us at Killashee House Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you must let us know when you are coming back again so that we can upgrade to a House Suite if possible. A dinner in Turners is a lovely experience I would highly recommend it.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea we pride ourselves on having one of the best Afternoon Tea 's in the County! I am so sorry that you did not enjoy all of your meal and more importantly the way you were dealt with. I can assure you that all feedback is very important to us whatever it maybe. I have had a meeting with all of the team in Jacks to ensure going forward that all feedback is brought to the managers attention whatever it maybe.

I looking forward to welcoming you back to Killashee House Hotel in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us.

Kind Regards

Dee Nix

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for afternoon tea with a friend. Food was delicious and well presented. Loads of food for two people and great value at 15e each. Lovely atmosphere, staff were friendly and attentive. We sat for about 2 hours comfortably and felt very relaxed and no pressure to leave. Will definitely return!

My only very minor issue was the teapot which was a regular stainless steel pot. Considering the high standard presentation of everything else and that the tea is a focal part of the experience I would have liked a nicer tea pot!! But that's just nitpicking!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ireland321
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

There aren't many options when it comes to quality hotels in the Naas area but Killashee is an excellent place to stay. The rooms are furnished to a high standard and similar to the Shelbourne in style and feel. Staff courteous and friendly and the food was delicious. I had a steak as good as any I have had in recent times. All in all, good value for money and my first choice hotel for future visits to this area.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived on our midweek break...greeted by a less then friendly receptionist...went to our home was spacious...decor was a little old but we couldn't fault it..had lunch in the bar...food was lovely extremely fresh...as the restaurant wasn't open in the hotel we dined out both nights...went to bed that night to realise our window was broken ..that was ok until 5.30am came and deliveries started arriving below our window...very unimpressed...the hotel hosted a wedding the next day and you had to walk through the drinks reception to get to your room...that night say us been woke up numerous times to guests of the wedding banging and shouting...for such a spacious hotel you would think all wedding guests would be housed on a certain wing...breakfast both mornings was below a average and certainly not four star standard...don't think the photos are a proper description of the hotel and don't think we would ever come back...

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank francessannh

Dear Francessannh

I would like to thank you for coming to visit us recently at Killashee House Hotel and for your most honest and helpful feedback. It was with deep regret I read of your comments on behalf of the team here at Killashee House Hotel I would like to apologise for the upset and disappointment caused.

I have spoken to the Housekeeping and maintenance department to check all windows so that we can address this problem. I am so sorry about the early deliveries this should not have happened as all suppliers have been informed not to arrive to the hotel before 8am.

In relation to the rooms I can assure you that we always try to allocate wedding guests and leisure guests to separate wings where possible as we completely understand that people come and stay at Killashee for all different types of breaks always possible. I was sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast both mornings I have spoken to the chef about this.

I really do hope you will come back and visit us sometime in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us.

Kind Regards

Dee Nix

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at the Killashee House Hotel in July, with a group of friends, for my friends hen party. Organising a group booking can be difficult, with many changes along the way, but Anita in Reservations couldn't have been more helpful. Communication was professional and efficient and Anita left no stone un-turned to accommodate all of our needs. Most of our group opted for the Dinner, B&B + 2 25min spa treatments, for €170 per person sharing.
On arrival, we were impressed by the beautiful driveway and immaculate grounds. Reception staff were friendly and efficient and offered porter service, which we declined. It is quite a long walk to the bedrooms, but the architecture, furniture and decor more than make up for that.
Our dinner reservation was for 9pm and things ran a little late, but the restaurant staff were more than accommodating. The food was superb, service was very efficient and attentive. There was no pressure to leave the restaurant and as women do, we sat and chatted at our leisure until midnight. There was some music in the bar, which was lovely.
The rooms were large, beautifully furnished and comfortable. The bride-to-be was upgraded to a complimentary suite, which had extra large bathroom, with jacuzzi bath, robes and slippers were provided.
Breakfast on Sunday morning was served until 11am. We all sat at a very large, round table, which was lovely. The selection of cereals & fruits was excellent. I ordered the full Irish breakfast, other options included omelettes, pancakes & fish. It was lovely to be served a freshly cooked breakfast, rather than having to queue up for a buffet. The brown bread was simply delicious. Just like the previous night at dinner, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. One of our party asked for a fresh cup of tea and within minutes, two fresh pots of tea and two of coffee arrived, together with clean cups.
In the early afternoon, we sat outside on the terrace and had coffee, overlooking the beautiful gardens and the lovely fountain.
Later, I headed to the leisure centre, which is in a separate building. The pool is nice, but I have seen nicer leisure centres in spa hotels. There were chairs and tables at either end of the pool-side if you wanted to sit down, but it was busy, families with children etc. so it didn't have the relaxing feel I have experienced in other hotels.
I had booked a treatment and asked for a deep massage, having spoken with another guest in the bar the night before, who told me if I didn't ask for deep massage, it would be "just a rub"! Well, the massage was deep... I think the therapist used her elbows on my back which was uncomfortable at times but overall, a good massage. I didn't have much time for the relaxation area as the spa was closing at six o clock but if you go there, watch out for the steps up to the relaxation couches on either side. They really should put a luminous strip there, to alert patrons to the fact that there is a step. I almost tripped and fell. Another of our party actually did fall, which wasn't pleasant. It could have been avoided by a little attention to detail.
We really enjoyed our stay at Killashee House Hotel. The staff were outstanding and are to be commended on their efficient and friendly service. The hotel was busy, but you'd never know it, because it is so spacious. There are no bedrooms over the function rooms, which means no noise and the function rooms must sound-proofed because no noise seemed to carry into the corridors or the bar from the two weddings taking place on the Saturday night.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to enjoy a relaxing break and I look forward to visiting there again. Well done to all concerned.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but if you or anyone in your party has limited mobility, ask for a room nearer...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Erica032
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Killashee House Hotel lived up to our expectations. It came highly recommended and was a perfect setting for our spa overnight stay. All our treatments were great especially the Hot Stone Massage. Dinner was really good and I recommend the duck and hake dishes. The gardens are well kept and we made uses of the swimming pool which is a short walk away from the main hotel...so you can't access this in your bath robe...especially if raining! The Espa is also in this building. The reception staff were helpful as were the waiters ...the Baileys chocolate mousse was an instant hit! We will return again in October...

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mmkm046
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed in July as a family of 5. Although there's a very good children's pool there is nothing else child specific at the hotel. However despite that we all had a great break - lovely relaxed atmosphere with every member of staff we encountered friendly and helpful - beautifully maintained gardens and plenty of space around hotel and we had an excellent meal as well. Spacious well furnished room and a good breakfast topped it all off (lack of HP sauce for the fry forgiveable!). This would be a great location for a relaxing break as a couple.
Really excellent value all round.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the gardens at the rear
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Osprey Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Kildare House Hotel
Kildare House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kildare

Been to Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure? Share your experiences!