“Always a great supporter but not anymore....”

Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 16 August 2014

So disappointing.Have been here many times in last few years.Have always recommended for lunch/dinner/afternoon tea but will not be recommending again.Attended here last Tuesday for afternoon tea and it was so disappointing.Staff were disinterested at best.Table was wobbly,when pointed out to staff she stuck a beer mat under and a 'that'll do '.Large piece of broken glass at my foot when I handed it to same staff she just took it,no apology.Afternoon tea took 50 mins to arrive.Orderd tea and coffee,tea arrived in a pot but a small coffee in a cup,when I asked for a warm top up it took 25 mins.No milk brought to table,again had to ask.A real feeling of lethargy and disinterest from staff.all sound like small things but just not enjoyable anymore.Never thought I would say this but give it a miss.Lots of new exciting options where staff still want to do their best.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank EMR71
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear EMR71

I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact me in relation to your recent visit to Jacks Bar for Afternoon Tea. I was so upset to read about your experience and on behalf of the entire team at Killashee I would like to apologise for the disappointment we caused you.

I would ask you to look upon your experience as an isolated one which will not happen again. I can assure you that this is not the standard we are striving for here at Killashee House Hotel. I can see that you did visit us before for Afternoon Tea and really enjoyed it so I am hoping that you will give us another chance in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us. On this occassion we got it wrong and I truly am so sorry. I can assure you that I am taking your comments very seriously and I will be dealing with all individuals involved.

Once again sincere apologies for the upset caused and I really do hope that you will come and visit us again. It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I look forward to welcoming you back to Killashee House Hotel. Please contact me directly before your next visit as I would personally like to extend the Killashee House Hotel renowned hospitality.

Dee Nix

Write a ReviewReviews (1,454)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

After leaving a parcel for family who were due to stay at the hotel for a few days the parcel contained some cards trinkets and photographs taken of the couple on there engagement which they were celebrating while staying at the hotel. the parcel never got to our family it went ( missing) never to be seen again we have been fobbed of with every excuse known to man and generally playing pass the book from the duty manager to the hall porter and receptionist.we have been treated with a total lack of respect.I will not be giving any recommendation for this hotel .

Room Tip: stay away it is not good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank karl w

Dear Karl

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor in relation to the recent issue that you had with Killashee House Hotel. I have just tried calling you as I would like to speak to you in relation to what happened. On behalf of all involved I am truly sorry for the upset and frustration we caused you.

I understand that the parcel that you delivered had some special memories in it along with some treats for your family. I am so sorry that your family did not get it I can assure you that we have tried everything to recover this bag but to no avail. I appreciate that the value of the package was sentimental rather than monetary and it was obviously well planned by yourselves as a special treat for your family and unfortunately we failed to deliver this.

I can assure you that the parcel was indeed received and that a porter did bring it to a room but it was the incorrect room and when we spoke with the other guests they don't recall seeing it.
We did speak with your family and apologise for what had happened and gave them some treats from ourselves for the mistake that we made and congratulate them on their anniversary.

I am so sorry for the way that you were dealt with and I can assure you that is not the norm here at Killashee House Hotel. All guest and customers are of the utmost importance to us whatever their business maybe.

I really do hope that you will visit us sometime in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us. I will call you a little later as I would like to talk yo you myself and let you know how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I went here with my friend for lunch and was pleasantly surprised at the stunning location this hotel is set in. In my opinion it would be a lovely place for a wedding reception.
The food I had was the prawn salad and my friend had the same which took a while to arrive considering it was only a salad. It was absolutely delicious though. I really enjoyed it.
The waiters are really friendly and helpful although one of the girls forgot we had asked for a coffee. We had to ask her again.
When another waiter came down to give us the milk and sugar, there was a used lollipop stick on the saucer that the milk and sugar was resting on. When I pointed it out to my friend, the waiter didn't seem to take any notice and the stick stayed on the saucer.
Another small thing was there was toilet roll sticking out of one of the toilets which made me think someone hadn't been down to check them in a while.
These are just minor details that can be polished off in no time.
Apart from that we had a lovely lunch and only took one star off because I think if these minor things were seen to, this would definitely be a 100% rating.
We would come back for lunch again.

1  Thank Mindy B
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

After a lovely stay last year we decided to return for a weekend break again this month. Gorgeous dinner in jacks, walk round the grounds and butterfly garden and fab breakfast. Once again the staff couldn't do enough for us, housekeeping, reception, waiting and leisure staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful. Hotel is very grand and in spite of its size, is incredibly clean and well maintained.
My little girl, now 17 months, was so well catered for and we have decided to make it a yearly (at least) visit for a family weekend!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire R
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed last week and enjoyed it but certain aspects of the stay I have to say disappointed us! The hotel is very nice if not a little but shabby at times but it adds to the charm. Staff at check in were very helpful and polite .
The rooms very v nice ,but having to travel up two lifts to the room was a bit "out there" but you get used to it .
The downside was the expected entertainment was cancelled that night so it felt like a situation of all dressed up with no where to go!! The hotel was very quiet but apart from background music that was it!!

The breakfast I have to say was horrible , the pancakes tasted raw and the yoghurt tasted gone off and combined with a tea pot that spilled half its contents on pouring I felt a bit fed up with the whole experience!!

4  Thank Happygal33
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Happygal 33

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Killashee recently in relation to your stay with us and for your most helpful and honest feedback. Sincere apologies for the disappointment we caused you.

It was unfortunate about the music being cancelled but I can assure you that it was not cancelled by us. I have spoken to to the Chef and we are currently looking at the breakfast and reviewing the complete menu.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments and once again apologies for the shortcomings you received in relation to our service.

I really do hope that you will come back and visit us sometime in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We celebrated our parent's 50th wedding anniversary here a few years back and have been intending to have an overnight stay ever since. We eventually got around to it last weekend. Although it took two lifts and about 5 mins of walking to get to our room we couldn't fault the room. It was spotless and spacious. We had afternoon tea in Jack's restaurant and the scones are just delish. If I was there again scones and tea/coffee would be more than enough (honestly the nicest choice from the afternoon tea). The package we booked also had dinner for two in Jack's and that was good but not great, minor issues with some of the food were just brushed aside by the waitress and not resolved. Some staff definitely needed a refresher course on customer service. We were billed for drinks we didn't get, this was sorted but would have easily gone unnoticed by the other half had he been signing for the bill. I would stay again but I would choose a room in the old house and maybe try Turner's Restaurant instead.

Room Tip: Gardens are well worth a walk around on a fine day
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shiversnshakes
ManagerKillashee, General Manager at Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear shiversandshakes

Thank you so much for your most helpful feedback and for coming to visit us at Killashee House Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and you must let us know when you are coming back again so that we can upgrade to a House Suite if possible. A dinner in Turners is a lovely experience I would highly recommend it.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea we pride ourselves on having one of the best Afternoon Tea 's in the County! I am so sorry that you did not enjoy all of your meal and more importantly the way you were dealt with. I can assure you that all feedback is very important to us whatever it maybe. I have had a meeting with all of the team in Jacks to ensure going forward that all feedback is brought to the managers attention whatever it maybe.

I looking forward to welcoming you back to Killashee House Hotel in the future where hopefully we can meet if not exceed your expectations of us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for afternoon tea with a friend. Food was delicious and well presented. Loads of food for two people and great value at 15e each. Lovely atmosphere, staff were friendly and attentive. We sat for about 2 hours comfortably and felt very relaxed and no pressure to leave. Will definitely return!

My only very minor issue was the teapot which was a regular stainless steel pot. Considering the high standard presentation of everything else and that the tea is a focal part of the experience I would have liked a nicer tea pot!! But that's just nitpicking!

1  Thank Ireland321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Osprey Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Kildare House Hotel
Kildare House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kildare

Been to Killashee - Hotel Spa Leisure? Share your experiences!