“Lovely surprise”
Review of Osprey Hotel

Osprey Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the osprey recently for a work night out. The two girls at reception were lovely very friendly and helpful. The rooms are fabulous so big and we didn't hear a thing! The bathroom especially the bath is amazing. We ate in the Mash restraunt and for a set menu it was satisfactory nothing spectacular!!! Very good selection for breakfast and we found it fresh and hot. I would not hesitate in booking the osprey again beautiful hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank hb1782
Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here for a hen night recently (we were very well behaved!) and wasn't expected too much from the hotel. However, I was very pleasantly surprised! It's very nice, the staff are exceptionally friendly and the rooms are gorgeous, really really nice bathrooms with nice tubs and lovely large showers. Food in the restaurant was ok and breakfast was fine, good coffee. Would have liked to have tried the spa but didn't get time. Would definitely think about going back for a relaxing break. Probably a bit loud if you're staying over the bar when there's a band but in fairness, they're not going to play all night. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LuluLimerick
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at the Osprey hotel whilst on a business trip. It was recommended by the company we were visiting. They could not have chosen better!
When we arrived at the hotel the staff were friendly and welcoming and checked us in quickly and efficiently.
When I arrived at my room I was gobsmacked; it was huge! The bathroom was out of this world and I had to take a swim in the beautiful free standing bath. The bed was very comfortable, there was a lovely balcony which overlooked the grounds. The gym and pool were reasonable.
We only ate breakfast in the hotel as we went out for dinner. It was nothing spectacular but it filled us satisfactoraly for the day ahead.
I have to say that the late barman was fantastic! I had a sprained ankle and was in a lot of pain so he got me EXTRA ice for my gin and tonic, he was a star. You can't stay in Ireland without reviewing the Guinness - it was very well kept :-)
I will definitely stay here again when I return on business.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cheesy-smile
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Food was very poor in the Mash Restaurant, did not eat most of my meal, breakfast was poor also the next morning.
Rooms were big, bathrooms were gorgeous, but rooms were very noisy, could hear tv on in other room, could hear people outside in the smoking area at 4am. Rooms were VERY hot and the airconditioning did not work so little sleep had on my relaxing night away!!
On good note, staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bridsaz
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed last Monday and Tuesday (80 euro a night).

Lovely hotel, great staff. The room was huge, the bathroom was also huge with a separate shower and bath.

The bar was nice, great service, the staff generally could not do enough.

Location is a short stroll from the town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank john m
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked a few days before for my wife and 1 year old. We requested a room with balcony so we didn't have to sit in a dark room when son went to sleep. Staff checked us in bit early and what a room, amazing big balcony were we spent the evening. The staff during every meal were so friendly and could not do enough, bar far so,e of friendliest staff iv seen in a hotel. Pool is lovely and clean. Thanks to all the staff for looking after us so well, even at 5am when taking son for a walk - got us a coffee in a take away cup :) highly recommend for family stay

Room Tip: Room 305 - amazing large balcony to sit and have a chill
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tommygarv
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed in the Osprey for one night with our baby. The staff couldn't of been more friendly and helpful, especially with regards to our little one. The room was fantastic, very large with a gorgeous balcony, we felt like we were abroad looking over the running water as we sat out for the evening. The pool was very clean and the baby pool was not too cold. Thank you osprey for a well needed break.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RoxanneGravy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
13 mi away
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Maudlins House Hotel

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!