“All in all, a lovely hotel...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osprey Hotel & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Mullingar
“All in all, a lovely hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Osprey is a lovely if slightly quirky hotel, situated within walking distance of Naas town.

I experienced very welcoming and friendly staff in all areas of contact during my two day visit. Rooms were lovely, clean and spacious – bathroom was one of the best I have seen in a hotel. Food was very good at breakfast and also in both the bar and restaurant. The courtyard area with its relaxing waterfall was a nice spot, especially in the evening.

On the negative side, the lifts were very slow and it seemed a little odd to have to change lifts in order to access the bar and lounge areas (had elderly company). Noted some substantial water damage to the ceiling in the lobby and also that there was no air-conditioning operating in this area. Given this area is like a green house with its large, sweeping windows, they should try and get this sorted out.

Noted that children were allowed to run around without correction in a number of areas during the evening and at breakfast, but I blame the parents rather than the hotel for this.

All in all, a lovely hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank BrightonDub

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

my friend had her wedding here in this hotel and it was more beautiful than I imagined, the staff were lovely. the food was amazing and the room for the wedding was like no other. we didn't stay in the hotel as it was a bit expensive but the hotel was really beautiful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The osprey is a stone throw away from Dublin but yet you feel miles away. The Osprey is a lovely hotel with staff on hand to get you anything you require. There is a bar in the hotel that serves pub food al day and a resturant on site aswell. They have a lovely swimming pool and spa connected to the hotel. The spa has a range of thearises to offer aswell as steam room, sauna, relaxation room etc. The hotel is in the center of Naas were you can have a short stroll up to the town. There are a varirty of little shops to look around and pubs to have some food and drink in. Newbridge is only 10 mins drive town the road were you have a big shopping center, cinenma and Newbridge silver.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Buttonske
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night at Osprey hotel and so glad I didn't book 2! Will never stay at this hotel again.
Naas is a fantastic town but this hotel needs a complete refurbishment. I don't know where to start. Hotel itself looks very run down and in need of a makeover. Reception area ok but while sitting in lobby, water was leaking through the windows as window cleaner was cleaning!

When our room was ready I could not have been more disappointed. Although when I went to reception they did relocate us to another room with a balcony, as requested with booking, but this was just as bad. Room was very hot and smelly. Stains on mirror, walls, carpet and white bed sheets. The wooden furniture in the room is so old and worn, the worst I have seen even in a budget airport hotel, needs to be replaced. There was a large balcony but no furniture? No table, no chairs? Useless space. The bathroom was horrible. The shower curtain needs to be renewed and the shower itself needs a good clean. Very noisy A/C system which kept us awake all night and did not cool the room. We couldn't wait to leave and I couldn't stomach the look of the buffet breakfast.

Overall the hallways, courtyard (needs a good makeover, very tired furniture etc) just everything is really dirty. Ashtrays over flowing, lots of tables not cleared. This hotel could be lovely but needs to have a complete refurbishment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank UkJaneUk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here with 3 other friends recently and I have to say we had a fantastic experience here. As I was here previously , It was first choice as my recommendation when choosing somewhere to go for the weekend and my friends were really pleased with it overall . I dealt with Liz at reservations and she was just so helpful, friendly and professional in dealing with us right from the start. As she knew we were traveling up for the night , she recommended suitable places to go out in Naas and also their own Award winning 'mash ' restaurant . We stayed in the suites . These were very modern and trendy with tasteful decor . The suite was so spacious and clean with a living area and beautiful bathroom . The girls at reception were very warm and friendly and did everything possible to ensure our stay would be satisfactory . We will definitely be returning again ! I did not use the Spa this time but did before and I have to say it was the nicest Spa I was ever in and I have visited many 5 star Hotels around the country including Monart in Wexford . Many thanks for a great stay. I would definitely recommend it for anyone or group looking for an upmarket trendy hotel with great value for money in an idea and thriving location.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank emmakenneall
Newtownards, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed at the osprey hotel and spa, Naas. Hotel was contemporary, staff were friendly and helpful. Afternoon tea which was included in our deal was excellent. Courtyard area lovely, felt like we were on the continent on holiday. Rooms large but could do with being able to open windows. Bathrooms beautiful, very stylish.

Room Tip: Advise room with balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Heather W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My partner & I stayed at the Osprey for two nights & had a lovely break.
The hotel is situated in a quiet location but only a five minute walk to the centre of Naas .
We were greeted on arrival by Sarah on reception who was both friendly & helpful advising us about the dining times , choice of bars & details of the spa .
Our room was very spacious and had a large balcony overlooking the outdoor bar area & waterfall at the rear of the hotel.
Breakfast was very enjoyable , the buffet meant you could choose from the the fruit, cereals , full range of hot foods & breads that were available .
We had the two course dinner in the hotel on one evening & paid a supplement to have steak , the food was lovely & service excellent .
We did however feel that a bottle of wine was quite pricey.
The hotel is located about 20 minutes from the Kildare outlet village which is well worth a visit .
All in all we had a relaxing break & would like to return to this hotel .

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wrightsy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club
Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre

Been to Osprey Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!