“I would never want to stay there again”
Review of Osprey Hotel

Osprey Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 28 July 2009

On booking in we were greeted by a rather glum and disinterested girl who was not impressed that I wanted to pay for my stay with cash. The bedroom was ok as you entered but on inspection you could see it had not been cleaned properly, under the armchair was a cigarette lighter and a lot of food crumbs. The breakfast room sports a very stained carpet, and on the floor at my table was a piece of brown bread. Just before leaving the hotel I used the ladies toilets near the reception and to my delight I found a broken glass just swept into a corner behind the toilet. If the Osprey wish to keep their 4 star they really need to up their cleaning, and encourage the reception staff to greet their guests in a much more polite manner. Would I stay there again NO NEVER.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank didgerdublin
Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 30 June 2009

Stayed here for valentines days , was a complete shambles. Had booked the penthouse as we both smoke and it has an outdoor balcony jacuzzi which I thought would be great. The day before our arrival they rang to say the jacuzzi was leaking so we couldn't have the room, the offered us a choice of two rooms one was small and cramped and the other which we ended up going with only because it had a stereo system was like a large unfinished dome like room. It was just unfinished and very uncomfortable to sleep in the smoke alarm was over the door and the light was like a beacon. We wouldn't stay there again simply because it's not worth the money. There is a club there but it's not great, the spa is lovely and relaxing but too expensive as there are many nice beauty salons in Naas that are much cheaper and Toni & Guy for hairstyling.
If you have to stay in Naas it's probably one of the best choices or Maudlins Country House.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A140
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I had the absolute pleasure of spending 2 nights in this fabulous hotel earlier this month...it was a present from my husband for our 1st anniversary and it was so special. From the moment of check-in the staff at the hotel couldn't have been more courteous and helpful. They were full of useful advise about both the hotel amenities and the beautiful town of Naas. The room was pristine and the decor was bright and contempory with all mod cons. We made good use of the bar during our stay even managing a trip to the nightclub, Time and had a fabulous meal in Mash the restaurant in the hotel. To top it all off we both had massages in the serene spa, Life.....I'm ashamed to say we saw very little of Naas during our stay...we just didn't need to leave the hotel! We highly recommend this hotel and have already booked another weekend in June. Can't wait!!!!!!

Jean & Simon, Tipperary

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Myself and my partner stayed here on a weekend package, we had dinner in the mash restaurant, I have never tasted anything like it, I can honestly say there is not one thing I can complain about, the staff are so freindly and obliging. I'm a ceoliac and normally have a very limited choice when it comes to going out for a meal not here I really thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
We got an upgrade to a suite, what a faboulous room the bath is amazing it stands on its own and the beds, comfort is obviously a top priority for this hotel.
We decided not to venture to the bar or club the room was just too nice to leave.
I can not wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Went for our christmas party treated so badly , staff where rude, had to ring down for toilet paper make-up or false tan all over bath, damp stains on curtains , was lying in bed the following morning and my friend noticed a stain on the covers again make up or false tan , obviously not cleaned before we entered room , went to Time night club which everyone was looking forward to not a great place (stay at home with ur i.pod) one of my friends was a abused by staff leaving the club, back in the res bar was ordering cocktails and was told they didn't know how to make them!!!
Breakfast the next morning arrived with not cutlery
was going to organise a friends hens for this hotel/spa but not recommend to a dog
Was telling my cousin over the christmas and she had the same experience during the summer
Rooms WAY over prices

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank shelll76
Reviewed 10 December 2008

I spent a night at the Osprey for a girlie getaway and all 6 of us thought it was fab. The rooms are furnished in a contemporary style and are very big, there's also a big bathroom with a stand alone bath and a seperate shower. We chilled out in the thermal suite at the spa for the afternoon which you can use free of charge even if you have not booked a treatment. We had dinner in the restaurant and normally I do not expect much from hotel restaurants but this was way above average......the food was delicious and the service was great, no complaints at all. We had a few drinks in the lively bar and then hit the nightclub which is adjoined to the hotel. We got in for free as we were residents and also got passes to the VIP bar where we drank a few cocktails and had a great night.
All in all the service and the food at the Osprey were fantastic and I'd definitely visit again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank sighty
Reviewed 8 October 2008

Check your change...

I recently attended a function at the Osprey and during the evening gave the barman 50 euro for some drinks. He returned with change of 20 euro. When I asked for the missing 30 he very aggressively responded that the til receipts would add up. The lady beside me immediately reiterated that she saw me hand him the 50. I went to the Duty manager and while he said they checked their tils and security footage, he said that they had no evidence either way. So I'm down 30 euro and I have nowhere to turn.
It is very frustrating and at no stage was I offered any form of compensation (even without admission of liability or wrongdoing). Even if a mistake had been made the response was terrible. I won't be going back.

Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank jemcmahon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Maudlins House Hotel
13 mi away
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to Osprey Hotel? Share your experiences!