Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 27/01/22
PricelineUS$203
Booking.comUS$210
eDreamsUS$210
All reviews drawing room green room magical place beautiful setting soup paddy hosts library meal cottage midlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2020

This was my second trip to Roundwood house. Just as special as I remembered. From the minute we arrived ( a party of 6 adults and 4 children) we felt at home. Lovely welcoming fire in the beautiful drawing room to warm a chilly August day. The evening meal was a feast of flavours further enhanced by warm friendly service. Will definitely return!

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

Had been meaning to stay in this country house for a number of years as it is near my home town of Mountrath. What a wonderful relaxing place, great hosts and great food and warm welcome. I was there with my wife and I intend to return with a number of additional guests. This house is a unique midlands experience and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Tom and Alison Dowling

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomali2018
Reviewed 21 July 2020 via mobile

Just back from our second stay at this beautiful house. We had such a lovely time from the moment we parked the car. After being shown to our room we were invited to go to the garden for coffee and homemade flapjacks. Such a treat! We met Tuba the cat and enjoyed watching the ducks and dogs wandering around the grounds. We relaxed in our room until it was time for our light supper of soup, cheese and dessert. The food was so, so good! We had the drawing room to ourselves and read our books in front of the fire. Such a relaxing atmosphere. Breakfast was equally delicious and the coffee was excellent. We will definitely return to Roundwood House. It is a magical place! Thank you Hannah and Paddy.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Amazing place and a great example of what Irish people can offer. I would recommend staying in one of the cottages, and eating in the Big House. I will be going back when I can. A part of Ireland that is under discovered.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Simply the best . So relaxed and well appointed. We felt completely at home. The food was superb . It’s not a part of the country I’m familiar with so it was exciting to explore the Slieve Bloom area and its hiking trails

Date of stay: February 2020