“Pre-match Grub ”

Jeremiah Grant Bar & Eatery
Ranked #26 of 58 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Attended with my brother before recent Dublin game in Portlaoise. Good spot to watch a game while grabbing a bite to eat. We both had the beef burger which was fairly priced and good portion size @ €12.50. Recommend the local 12 Acres IPA which was available on draught at €5.00 a pint. Staff were friendly and attentive even though bar was very busy. It's pub grub and no frills but would definitely return.

Reviewed 17 May 2018

As a person with a lot of food allergies, they hadn't much to offer me, but did try and I did end up with salad and chicken to eat. They could have a pan of gluten, dairy and soya free bread in the freezer to make up a sandwich - they aren't big! ANd if their batter was GF they could cater to more people - where this is done, lucky allergy-free people don't even notice!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Visited this venue over BH weekend and I have to say how impressed I was with the food, staff and atmosphere. I had lunch on the Sunday and it was delicious. I enjoyed it so much so that I returned that evening for dinner which I was also very nice. The bar staff are excellent and very friendly. There is a very warm atmosphere with a great selection of drinks at reasonable prices. I would recommend this very modern and comfortable pub with great staff to anyone who wants a great night out!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Had 2 recent visits - one was an evening meal. I had a curry that was lovely except for the chicken - it was obviously either microwaved or cooked chicken had been added to the sauce as the chicken was barely warm in the middle (a worry for some like me that is immuno compromised as badly reheated food is a serious health risk - as I'm more susceptible to any bacteria). My partner had an excellent steak with divine onion rings (I know, cos I stole them). After the meal, someone finally came to clear the table - we'd already decided on one dessert, a Baileys coffee, a port and brandy and a tea. Only to be told the chefs had gone home - so we had none of the above and went home instead.
The next visit was a busy late Sat afternoon - chicken burgers - sadly the chicken had been cooked a long time before we ever got there and when we went to pay and said the chicken was extremely dry, the guy behind the bar replied - oh.
I really want to like this place and so keep giving it chances but it's starting to look like more style over substance.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Dropped into grants saturday on what was a very busy day for some lunch.
But staff had time . The staff were very nice and attentive. Food was good & well priced too.
Nice beers, nice place ,Nice cosy atmosphere