“Best Takeaway Ever”

Indian Prince Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Do you love well prepared and tasty Indian dishes? Then Indian Prince got you covered. This is an Indian Takeaway restaurant in Portlaoise. We pride ourselves in preparing delicious and exotic Indian delicacies.
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I ordered the food which is bundle pack - 7 different kind of menu food for 2 people. It cost €30. I shared this food with 2 people, that means 3 people pay €10 each which is absolutely cheap. Taste lovely and spicy. I would come to this takeaway and order food again. Thanks for making us great food!

2  Thank RobAerDublin

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I felt I really had to make the owners of this restaurant aware of the crazy prices charged here for takeaway..... The food is the best I have ever tasted but the prices are just madness. A Takeaway meal for two, just main courses, costs over €30. It definitely puts you off. The restaurant is also very very expensive, thus is always empty. Wouldn't it make sense to reduce prices and fill the restaurant???? I for one would definitely visit more often.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Restaurant completely empty throughout our meal save for our table. Meal was fine. When we got bill we had been charged for both naan breads and rice on each meal which led to the bill rising to €90 for 4 main courses and 1 glass of wine. I was shocked at the price considering the place was empty , however I was even more shocked when I went to pay and saw that the restaurant had a Sunday meal deal which would have given us a 4 course meal for 20€ each. This meal included main courses which 2 of us had chosen and we would all have chosen options had we been made aware of its existence. When I alerted my server to the fact that we had not been offered this his boss interjected and said we should have been. He then said you can get it the next time , to which I replied "there won't be a next time". A fully empty restaurant ended up screwing its only customers on a Sunday evening, is it any wonder it was empty.

3  Thank ak8
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The food here has to be the best Indian food ever. I eat Fahl and it is to die for. They cook it specially for me to my exact requirements. The food is not cheap but sometime they do have two for one offers. Well worth a visit. The staff are fantastic and make you feel very welcome.

1  Thank Linda8287334
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We have only been here for take away but it is excellent with some interesting variations on some of the old favorites and some good specials...will have to make the time to dine in on evening.

2  Thank Dain96