“Good portions!”

Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer really good, wholesome food, at really affordable prices.We bake all our own bread,scones and our desserts are also handmade.All our meat is Irish and sourced locally. We serve food from 7.30am - 8.00pm daily.
Ipswich, UK
“Good portions!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you are hungry when you arrive, you won't be hungry when you leave! I stayed and had breakfast two days - the service was special and personal, even going to get some granola for me which they had run out of.

Visited March 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
“Ideal place for a date!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I visited the hotel while passing through Portlaoise. I was greeted with a roaring open fire in the cosy lobby, while the place was tastefully decorated. I chose Brie parcels and the gourmet burger, as did my girlfriend. The Brie parcels were cooked beautifully with a lovely leaf side salad, while the burger was cooked perfectly with a lovely sauce, while there was a massive portion of chips on the plate also! The staff were very friendly throughout our date, there was good tunes playing in the background and I had a great experience there, will definitely call again, thank you!

• Visited February 2014
“new year in portlaoise”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went to o loughlins hotel for a bite to eat.Was packed with punters which is always a good sign.The food we had was very nice served with a smile by waiting staff.Would i go again .YES

Visited December 2013
“Not what you ordered”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to the ploughing championship and after we decided to go to O'Loughlins as we had dined on many previous occasions. We entered and were seated and had menus tendered to us. We were asked if we wanted drinks and ordered a miniature bottle of sauvignon blanc white wine and a diet coke. The server came back to say that there were only miniature chardonnay bottles but could have a glass of sauvignon blanc white wine. Not to happy about that as you don't see the wine being opened and don't know how long said bottle has been opened. We have had glasses of wine like this before which have been corked. However this was not my main gripe. My wife ordered the roast beef and I decided to go for the fish option. This was cod,chips and mushy peas. Now have to say the food was very nice but I did not get what I ordered. I received the fish chips and a very large salad. Now some people would be delighted with this but not me as I hate salads with a vengance. I brought this to the attention of the server and she went to kitchen to find out why and she came back to say that there was no more mushy peas. So I accepted this but I would like to point out that in most cases the mushy peas are really processed peas and come in tins. Its quite obvious that the restaurant was cashing in on the heavy business and did not want to be bothered by slight lapses in restaurant etiquette. While I think the food was good it is clear the chef was not a Diva as with them presentation only matters and not the taste of the food. However it would seem the chef was not taking prisoners and you would get only what you are given. Des Q

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Des Q
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Whilst walking around the town we decided to drop into O'Loughlins Hotel, having seen a great review of this hotel on Tripadvisor we decided to see what it was like, this is one of those little local hotels that could tell a few stories, the staff are wonderful and make you feel like one of the family.

Visited July 2013