“not worth the price”
Review of Laois County Lodge

Laois County Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portlaoise
Laois County Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Portlaoise B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2011

very average BB at each stage (room, breakfast, etc.). No garden. Definitely should not cost more than 30 euro per person.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Geelonka
There are newer reviews for Laois County Lodge

Reviewed 3 July 2011

After spending the day hiking around the Wicklow Mountains, we headed to Portlaois, as our next place to visit was the Rock of Dunamase. We picked Laois County Lodge to spend the night so we could hit the Rock the next morning. It turned out to be a great pick! Anne Barrett, our host, was great! The room was nice, had plenty of space for the 3 of us, and after our trip we all agreed that Anne had the best breakfast of the B&Bs we stayed at. Don't get me wrong, the other places we stayed at had good breakfasts too, but Anne's was the best. My favorite part of it was the coffee! I don't know what it is about Ireland, but finding good coffee seems to be a hassle. However, Anne brewed us a fantastic pot of coffee! The only other place I had fantastic coffee was at a fancy hotel in Cong :). The rest of the time, it was just... meh.

As for the town of Portlaois itself, we didn't get to explore it much, as we were setting a hectic pace that day. We arrived in the evening, met with Anne, and pretty much headed straight for the nearest pub. The pub was a good time, with live music and all. But in the morning, we checked out the Rock, then left town for our next destination. So I can't tell you much about Portlaois except that it's pretty small. But if you're planning to check out the Rock of Dunamase, I'd highly recommend giving Laois County Lodge a stay, even if for 1 night.

I loved Ireland so I'll definitely be going back, and I'll definitely be stopping by Anne's place for another night!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank meskin73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Killenard
Roundwood House
Roundwood House
#1 of 1 in Mountrath

Been to Laois County Lodge? Share your experiences!