“Perfect for whatever you want, whoever you are with!!!”
Review of Rafters Cafe

Rafters Cafe
Ranked #16 of 52 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 124 seater day time restaurant, with outdoor seating and scenic view. Rafters has a modern, chic, and cosmopolitan feel to it and serves everything from Breakfast, sandiches, panini's, wraps, ciabatta's, wide selection of carvery items, kids menu, coffee's, tea's, lattee's etc...
Laois
“Perfect for whatever you want, whoever you are with!!!”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Since Rafters opened we have returned time and time again for a number of reasons. Being able to choose between hot and cold freshly made food is such a refreshing change. Having dined there with kids and alone it offers the perfect facilities for both. The portion sizes are very generous and the price matches the quality of the food! Its bright and airy with a very relaxed feeling. We will be returning customers for a very long time!!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Cliona O

Laois
“Rafters: A delightful visit!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I have threatened to visit Rafters restaurant since it opened many months ago. I finally got the chance to enter the premises today and I can honestly say it greatly exceeded my expectations. There was a great selection of food and the only trouble I had was deciding on which delecious dessert to choose from! I ended up purchasing a cadburys golden crisp cheesecake served with a dollop of cream. The delightful chef Sarah reccomended it. The rich creamy cheesecake just mealted in my mouth. It was filled with chunks of honeycomb, in one word: delicious! I was tempted to ask the chef what her secret was. After my dessert I enjoyed an americano. I would be a fussy coffee drinker but this was delightful. I noticed the coffee beans were freshly grounded and the coffee was steaming hot. Just the way I like it! Overall the visit was a great success and I would most certainly pop in again.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank John D
Portlaoise, Ireland
“exceptional cafe”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

i would visit this cafe at least once a week. the food is fantastic. the seats ect in the cafe are very comfortable. lovely friendly staff esp katie whom nearly always serves me. i would recommend this cafe to anyone its just simply fantastic

• Visited February 2012
Co.Laois
“GREAT WORK!!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This cafe is a great place to eat or just to have a coffee, I had a great experience here as I went in with my husband and children. The staff (Denise, Karen, Jennifer) were amazing a credit to the business, a lady helped me with the children and helped with the tray she was really nice as were all the people there. The food was amazing, hot and very tasty, the deserts were great too as all of us tried something different and I couldn't fault one of them. I will be a regular customer and I will be seen you soon, once again GREAT WORK!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Dee F
Cavan, Ireland
“Excellent Cafe in Laois Shopping Centre”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Cafes in shopping centres can be hit or miss but Rafters Cafe in Laois Shopping Centre , Portlaoise is definitely a hit in my book. We had lunch there last Friday and the food was absolutely delicious, very generous portions, and great value. It's counter service but the queue moved very quickly and then we relaxed into wonderfully comfortable armchairs and tucked in. The staff were lovely. The waitress who took our order at the counter took particular care to let the cashier know that we were only to be charged for a child's burger and chips while another quickly cleared a table for us - these might sound like small things but it's these small gestures that can make a big impression. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2012