“dont go!!!!”

Ranked #21 of 55 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 124 seater day time restaurant, with outdoor seating and scenic view. Rafters has a modern, chic, and cosmopolitan feel to it and serves everything from Breakfast, sandiches, panini's, wraps, ciabatta's, wide selection of carvery items, kids menu, coffee's, tea's, lattee's etc...
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I visited there today 5/11/13 I ordered tea for two,the teapot had a massive dirty crack all the way down the side,I joked with the girl who served me I said "that's not going to break in half is it?" She just said "no" it really belonged in the bin,and not given to a customer. There's an awful lot of staff in there most of them looking more confused than the customer! It was my second time in I won't be going again!!!! Not sure how it got trip advisor award 2013

2  Thank jill r
coffee68, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Jill,

Thank you for your review on our restaurant recently. I do apologise if you were served a teapot with a crack on the side. Our crockery is examined every day and anything with a crack/chip is removed.

I have spoken to all staff members on the day in question and examined CCTV. Not one of our staff working on that day remembers any incident with a customer joking with a staff member about a crack in a teapot, indeed they pointed out to me-that if they noticed a teapot with a crack-they would remove it immediately and CCTV doesnt highlight any such incident.

In relation to our staff members and customers looking confused. I cant comment on this, as we only comment on factual matters. So thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Always call in when in the area , recommend it to anyone as wide variety of sandwich , hot foods & just for tea& cake. Staff are so friendly + helpful there really couldn't do enough for you.

Dear Annie,

Thank you very much for your comments on our cafe. Its great to get feedback from our customers. Im delighted you enjoyed your visit and I have shared your review with all our staff. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it and we hope you will continue to visit our cafe and keep giving us your comment, as it allows us to continually improve our products and service.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Myself and my partner visited here this week. The staff are mostly friendly and the cafe in general is quite clean. We got the Caesar salad and a toasted sandwich. Both tasty and plentiful. My few criticisms is that not all staff were wearing hair nets in particular a female who looked liked a supervisor/duty manager. I also feel like something is missing, something to add that extra spark. I also feel that the use of space could be a bit better, it's all a bit all over the place at the sandwich counter. Worth a visit although.

Trish C, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you so much for your review on rafters Portlaoise which you posted last month. Firstly I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to review our business. Its great to get feedback from our customers. I was happy to hear that the items you purchased on the day were of a good standard.
You made some very good points with regard to head covering for Supervisors- something that we are looking at now, it is a very good point- the Supervisor that is on duty and working with food should have head covering, so we have taken this onboard and will ensure it is done.
You made another point in relation to the ambience of the premises- if you have any suggestions on what you would have liked to have seen in the cafe- please do email me at info@rafterscafe.ie, I will certainly look at your suggestions.
Once again thank you so much for the review, and we hope to see you soon in Rafters.
Regards
Trish

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Love this cafe, great location, nice staff and great food. Recommended to anyone near Portlaoise. Great environment for either a quick sandwich or a relaxed meal.

Trish C, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hi Paulo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on trip advisor. We are delighted that you regularily visit the cafe, we thank you very much for your business. Its very much appreciated and we look forward to looking after you soon in Rafters Cafe. Please dont hesitate to ask for me at any stage if I can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I often pop into this cafe as it is located quite close to my work place, so is ideal for a quick lunch or coffee break. On every visit I am welcomed with friendly staff, food is delicious, I would recommend any panni and a latte. Great value as well portions are big! 10/10 every time!

Hi Tara,

Thank you so much for your very kind comments, im delighted that you visit the cafe regularily, we very much value our regular customers. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, and we look forward to looking after you soon in rafters.