“Changed 😖”

Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: 124 seater day time restaurant, with outdoor seating and scenic view. Rafters has a modern, chic, and cosmopolitan feel to it and serves everything from Breakfast, sandiches, panini's, wraps, ciabatta's, wide selection of carvery items, kids menu, coffee's, tea's, lattee's etc...
“Changed 😖”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I live 15 minutes away from portlaoise and I would do my weekly shopping there and I do like to get lunch in town also, I met my friends in rafters and we had soup and coffee and a scone afterwards. It was absolutely gorgeous!!no complaints top class. So I brought my family in too.and they loved it also.and I continued to come to rafters ,one day I went in and had vegetable soup and it was descusting !! I hated it! So I just left it! I came back a week later only because my husband loved it the last time he came and requested to go there again,so I came in with my 14 yr old daughter as well and we all had hot chocolate witch looked beautiful we tasted it and it was freezing ! Like and the people beside me were drinking the same and they agreed also and added that it didn't even have a flavour in it. And actually only that she said that I realised it was total true. I then asked the girl to heaten it up and add a bit more chocolate or something and the girl questioned me asking asking y is it cold? I replayed yes she then said well now that's strange but ok ,and she said oh I don't under stand,she brought it back donw and it was still cold so we just left ,haven't stud in the place since. But I was talking to few people in my area about rafters and they said the same,at the start it was a lovely place ,when they were only a while opened ,but now it's horrible!! A lot of people would prefer uf they went back to how they use to be...

1 Thank Aoibhinn L
trish c, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hi Aoibhinn, thanks for taking the time to write a review about our Cafe. I am pleased to note that generally you are very happy with the food and service but equally dissapointed to note your experience on your last visit. I have no way of knowing when this was so it is difficult for me to investigate what went wrong, but please be assured that this was a one off that should not have happened, for this pleas accept my apologies. If on any occasion that you are in the Cafe in the future please ask for me as I would like to make it up to you for your dissapointment last time. If at any occasion you or your friends are in the cafe and are not completely satisified, please ask for a supervisor or myself as most times, I think problems can be resolved on the spot.
I look forward to meeting you in the Cafe
Trish

laois
“Family friendly”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here on a few occasions. Food is always very nice. Have always found the restaurant to be clean and staff appear to clear and clean tables very quickly.
Had lunch here on saurday. Had my 6 month old baby girl with me. From the time I ordered my lunch the staff couldnt do enough to help me. From carrying my tray to heating a bottle. They went out of their way to help. Fantastic service. Really enjoyed my lunch and will continue to dine here!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Second review and it's still ahead of the rest”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My second time here and it's still ahead if the rest, I tried something from the wok station this time and the stir fry was really good, I didn't have dessert this time but as before it looked so well and plenty to choose from, keep up the good work Rafters

• Visited July 2014
Portlaoise, Ireland
“Expensive for average food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

There is most certainly nicer places to eat in Portlaoise.
The food pretty average but is way overpriced

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Amy E
Trish C, Owner at Rafters Cafe, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi Amy
thanks for your recent review. I am surprised that you found our restaurant expensive and only average, I would love to hear more about your visit as, mistakes unfortunately, do happen and perhaps you were overcharged. Again, I would love to know what you had as perhaps there is something on our menu that is only average, if this is the case we will certainly change it.
I really hope that you do reply
regards
Trish
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok, but needs a clean”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Firstly the girls working there are soo nice seem fairly under staffed. The food was lovely. But the place needs a clean, the walls are dirty beside the soft chairs. The coffee is definitely the worst I have ever tasted.
I really not so keen on the interior decor, it's not very inviting. It's a shame because it has so much going for it.
I wouldn't be rushing back :-(