“parents 58th anniversery”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“parents 58th anniversery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Just home from our trip to the hotel and had a really good time. There was a group of 8 of us and not one of us has any complaints. Rooms were clean and warm, welcome lovely, Had dinner in italian rest and it was gorgeous and service good. Breakfast was good also and staff friendly. The only thing i would say is that the bar does not open until 5 oclock mon-fri but you can get a drink in the foyer if you want. Didnt bother us but it might some people. Will definate be going again

Room Tip: Its only 25 euro to upgrade to a suite so treat yourself there worth it
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Bruno G, Manager at Portlaoise Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for reviewing Portlaoise Heritage Hotel. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and services good.
I will pass on your feedback to our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to 4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the very near future.

4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

lovely hotel, reception staff very welcoming and friendly. rooms are huge (bigger than my front room in my house) comfy bed, could do with slight modernisation (an electric shower would be good as it took ages to get warm) bar staff really nice, food nice and drink was priced accordingley. breakfast was nice with plenty of choice. in short would i stay there again, yes of course i would

Dear Paul,
Thank you for reviewing Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.
I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms exceeded your expectations and our staff to be welcoming and friendly. We are delighted to announce that we are currently in the process of upgrading our and I look forward to welcoming you back to 4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the very near future.

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Reception was welcoming but as we made our way to our room the hotel was indeed in need of a little bit of TLC. In our room the curtain hooks for the tie backs that no longer existed were out of the wall leaving holes in the wall which were exposed. In the bathroom there was a wire connected to the towel heater on the wall which was hanging under the sink and exposed and would be a great thing for a very small person to investigate. The location is great and close to the main street. The leisure centre is great with a 22 meter pool.The breakfast was average and the staff seemed to be all over the place not sure if they knew what each other was doing but kept going.No entertainment on either of the nights that we stayed which was dissappointing.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank galwaygirl843
Bruno G, General Manager at Portlaoise Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear galwaygirl843

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor and I am sorry that your experience with us was unsatisfactory.

We have been very keen to take on board our customer comments and as a result we are delighted to announce an upgraded of our bedroom product which will be finalised in October 2012

I would be most grateful if you could call me on my mobile +353 86 854 1101 as I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you further or alternatively you can e-mail me on bgorisch@theheritagehotel.com.
Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope you will return to the 4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the near future.

Thank you sincerely once again for taking the time to post your l review.

Twickenham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I only stayed one night whilst on business locally, the location is good being in the centre of Portlaoise. Check in was fast and the receptionist friendly.

I was staying in a first floor room which was large with both a double and single bed. The furnishings and decor are worn and in need of updating but on the whole the room was clean. The television reception was terrible and I could only watch a couple of channels and even they were breaking up, the TV itself was very old. The bathroom was large and clean but again in need of updating being worn and some tiles cracked.

The Wifi was free, but for the first hour I couldn't pick it up at all but later in the evening managed to get a connection.

I ate in Kellys Grill in the evening, this is located across the road from the hotel. The food was not great and I would avoid eating there again. I had the steak with came with a grilled tomato, this was ruined by raw garlic sprinkled on the tomato, the sauce that came with the steak was terrible and the chips not quite cooked. I didn't eat breakfast and so cannot comment.

On the whole the hotel is clean and the staff were all friendly and helpful, which for me are more important than the decor. However the hotel management do need to consider refurbishing the rooms and improving the food in their restaurants.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing Portlaoise Heritage Hotel and I am disappointed to read you’re your stay was unsatisfactory.
We have been very keen to take on board our customer comments and as a result we are delighted to announce an upgrade of our bedroom product which will be finalized in October 2012.
We also have taken note of your other comments and have relayed the information to the relevant staff.

Thank you sincerely for posting your review and we do hope you will return to the 4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the near future.

County Cavan, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed here recently with my husband. Was very dissapointed with this hotel The reception area was nice The food was very good. The bedroom however was very dated. I mean blankets on the bed (in this day and age) Rooom on the 2nd floor 233 looking out on the train track. Unpleasent smell in toilet No safety deposit box in the room .No added luxeries at all in the room
decor in room needs updating and paint wok needs a touch up.
When we checked in receptionist didnt give us any information about the leisure centre resturants ect. She had to check if parking tickets would be validated on our departure. Drink in bar very expensive.

Room Tip: Not on the second floor overlooking the train station
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing Portlaoise Heritage Hotel and I am saddened to read that your stay did not satisfy your expectations.
We have been very keen to take on board our customer comments and as a result we are delighted to announce an upgrade of our bedroom product which will be finalised in October 2012.
We are also taking into consideration your comments regarding the information to be provided to our guests upon check-in.

Swindon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and I think that it has gone downhill slightly. I arrived on Sunday night and whilst I was trying to check in the Receptionist took a telephone call and was talking for several minutes while I waited for her to finish.

My room was very large with enough space for three tables and a 2 seater sofa. Normal tea facilities and a nice shower/bath. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast was served in the Fitzmaurice Room, a choice of full Irish or continental. I had my evening meals in my room so cannot comment on Kellys Grill or Spago's.

The window had been replaced and had not been painted. And the bed had a wheel missing in the centre so had a hump in the middle of it. Another annoying thing was BBC 1 did not have any sound and when I reported this I was told they were waiting for someone to come in.

When the centre light was turned off the room seemed rather dim, as there was only one window.

This hotel definitely needs some attention before I will stay there again.

Dear Dormouse101

Thank you sincerely once again for taking the time to post your l review.

County Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed here midweek with my boyfriend and the hotel and staff were 1 in a million.
We were upgraded free without even asking as the room was free which was a great surprise. All staff were friendly and professional.
The restaurant in the hotel was very nice, food top class. The manager was kind/chatty/professional, he even talked me through how to make a sauce for an upcomming dinner party I was having.
Facilities were clean and had everything you would expect.
Great location in the town.
Have recommended to family and friends since my stay and will recommend in future.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing Portlaoise Heritage Hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful and the food to be ‘top class’.
I will ensure your feedback is passed on to our staff in particular our restaurant manager and look forward to welcoming you back to 4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the very near future.

4* Portlaoise Heritage Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Portlaoise Heritage Hotel? Share your experiences!