Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise(Portlaoise)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$178
Hotels.com
Roundwood House(Mountrath)
US$210
Clanard Court Hotel(Athy)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$195
US$188
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
1,233 results
All reviewsportlaoise heritageheritage hotelsteakkids clublovely hotelnight breakleisure facilitiesfrom start to finishstaff were lovelybar foodboth nightswould highly recommend this hotelfood was lovelysecond to nonea lovely staytop classportlaoise town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 December 2013

146 people attended An Post annual dinner dance in Heritage hotel. As it was a special occasion dress code on the night was black tie. We were spotless and the Heritage didn't let us down either. Room was splendidly laid out. Real Christmas atmosphere. Food was excellent. Brilliant choice of 3 options for main course at a brilliant price - salmon - beef or turkey + ham. Mulled wine reception at front door. Mangers on the ball moving staff with ease and grace to serve + clear tables. Complements to staff and management for making this a truly great night. 146 attended and NOT 1 complaint - unbelievable but true. Cant sign off without mentioning Sandra from the Heritage - has been a excellent organiser and go between and yearly sets up our night without hitches.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
PortlaoiseHeritage, General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. It was with great pleasure The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel hosted your annual dinner dance. I am delighted to read the food and atmosphere on the night exceeded your expectations.
Your praise has been passed along to all our team, and especially Sandra. It is great for staff morale to receive such positive feedback.
Thank you once again for choosing The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. On behalf of myself and all the staff, we would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, and Best Wishes for New Year.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

A group of us stayed here for a conference recently. This is a very comfortable spacious hotel. Rooms were spotless and lovely comfy bed. Grounds are lovely with a golf club and a great spa with swimming pool and gym. Give yourself plenty of time for the spa. My therapist was a lovely girl very friendly and made me feel very relaxed. I loved the relaxation room with the big fire! It reminded me very much of Monart spa.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

On behalf of our partner Hotel, The Heritage Golf & Spa Resort I am delighted to read your positive comments. I am sure the team there will be delighted to hear such positive feedback.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for first time in few years. Rooms are tired and need painting. My room was not clean. There was hair in the shower and I found a hair clip on the floor. I mentioned this to the lady at reception and she just looked at me blankly. There are better hotels around at a similar price

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to read your room was not up to standard on this occasion. We are currently in the process of refurbishing the property, repainting of the bedrooms has already commenced and new carpet laid in our lifts. I can assure you it is not a true reflection of our high standards. I have spoken with our Accommodation & Reception Manager’s in relation to this and full training will be carried out with the team.
Should you decide to return to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here for the weekend while visiting family. At 326:70 euros for 2 nights in a 4* hotel I really expected a bit more. The rooms were a bit dated as was the bathroom. We had loud music & car alarms wakening us on both nights. The room had double glazing but it didn't fit properly so it was as if the window was open. I've travelled a lot & to be honest, I've had a better stay in a Travelodge for a fraction of the price. Very unimpressed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to learn you did not enjoy your stay with us.
We are currently in the process of painting a number of our bedrooms. Regarding the window in your bedroom not fitting properly I have spoken with our Maintenance Manager to carry out a full audit of all our windows immediately and rectify any issues.
Please accept my sincere apologies for our shortcomings on this occasion.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were unfamiliar with this part of Ireland and ended up there around the time to stop for the day. We picked this hotel as it looked very nice at the front and was big so would likely have vacancies. It was lovely in the lobby but a bit over priced for the actual room. It was looking out the back with a railway right there. It did have free parking though and was close to the town center. There was a wedding there which was fine except the guests were a bit noisy returning to their rooms at night and they had it in the lobby which meant the rest of us could not use it. I would not have minded except that we had paid a good price and expected more. We asked the receptionist to assist us with a phone number to call someone we knew in the area and she was unable to do so (turned out there was 1 too many numbers at the beginning which she should have been able to figure out. Also when we asked for ice the maid said we could get it at the bar for 4 Euros! (All other hotels provided it free)

Room Tip: Breakfast was great.Beautiful dining room with lots to eat and hot. Recommend you purchase it at checkin.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helpfultraveller99
PortlaoiseHeritage, General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your recent review on Tripadvisor.

We are quite fortunate to be located within walking distance of the shops and many bars & restaurants in Portlaoise town centre; however the drawback of this is not every room can have the most desirable of view. Our rates are quite competitive with other hotels in the area, obviously weekends would be our busiest time in the hotel and therefore more expensive depending on availability.

Here at the Portlaoise Heritage Hotel we pride ourselves on Customer Service and I am disappointed to read our receptionist was unable to assist you on this occasion. Each area has a unique dialing code so therefore it may be quite difficult to ascertain a wrong digit.
Regarding Ice it is available in our bar, I have to admit on this occasion I am baffled in regards to the feedback you received that we charge for this service. This service is complimentary. In light of this feedback I will ensure the entire team are aware that ice is complimentary.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write this review. All comments are appreciated and taken on board.