Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre
  • Restaurant
US$116
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
1,252 results
All reviewsportlaoise heritageheritage hotelsteakkids clublovely hotelnight breakleisure facilitiesfrom start to finishstaff were lovelybar foodboth nightswould highly recommend this hotelfood was lovelysecond to nonea lovely staytop classportlaoise town
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed here for an overnight stay on business and must congratulate all the staff on a very professional attitude and welcome. The food in Spagos was brilliant.
I enjoyed it that much, i am taking my beloved for a weekend next month. She will love it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
PortlaoiseHeritage, General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here at The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel so it gives me great pleasure to pass along you kind comments to our Staff.
Spagos our Italian bistro is very popular with both residents and the general public. We take great pride in the quality of our food and standard of service.
I very much look forward to welcoming you and your beloved back to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel was a fantastic venue for a conference we held this week. Sandra and the whole team were so helpful, friendly and welcoming at all times. The room was perfectly laid out. everything I had asked for was delivered without exception. Nothing was a problem for them. I would have no problems recommending this hotel to other companies looking to hold events in the midlands. We will be back for our next event. Thanks!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read your conference was successful. It was our pleasure to host your event.
Your praise will be passed along to Sandra and all members of our team. It is fantastic for staff morale to receive such positive feedback. We strive to offer quality customer service here at The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel and we look forward to working with you in the future

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My friend and I stayed her for 2 days last week and we had a wonderful stay. The staff were friendly and efficient, the rooms and facilities were excellent and the food in Spago's restaurant was fabulous - with great gluten free options! :) We really could not fault anything and we would definitely stay again. My friend was so impressed with the food that she had to pen her praise in verse, as follows:-

Supper at Spago's 7/2/14
My pen it should be dipped in gold
To tell the tale that I unfold,
Of Spago's Restaurant in Portlaoise
(The best in Ireland, yeah capice?).
But where to start - on Friday last
We had a fabulous repast.
My dear friend Ev and I did dine
On food of paradise (and wine).
I don't know which was best - the dishes
Freshly cooked and so delicious
Or the service - which you see
Made us feel like royaltee!
When one took a bite of duck,
One closed one's eyes and said.....oh my!
It melted in one's mouth forsooth
I tell you nothing but the truth.
I'd travel over oceans blue
To taste again the tiramisu.
Alas, a piece I had to leave
Which caused my greedy heart to grieve.
Of Ev's ice cream and fresh fruit salad
I could write a lengthy ballad.
And stars of this enchanting scene
Were marvelous Dougie and Colleen.
And now the last but not the least
All hail the founder of the feast.
Dear chef you should have world-wide fame,
Alas we do not know your name.
Please stay here, don’t fly afar
You rate a million Michelin Stars!
We shall return - I hope it's soon
To wield our knife and fork and spoon!
Sheila Moloney

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us and most importantly you enjoyed you dining experience in Spagos Italian Bistro.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading you friend’s poem, without a doubt she is an exceptionally talented lady. Her poem has been printed and takes pride of place in our staff area and also framed and placed in Spago’s.
We aim to cater for our entire customer’s dietary requirements, and maintaining a high standard of customer service is essential.
I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

While there is no doubt that the Heritage is a lovely Hotel, myself and my Fiancée left our visit with a bitter taste in our mouth.

We had choses to visit the Heritage to consider it as a wedding venue, on arrival we told the receptionist that we would love to speak to someone about having our wedding at the hotel, I said it didn't need to be right away if could be later or even the next day before we left. She told us that she would have someone contact us in our room and show us around. No one contacted us, at all, in fact we ended up having to look around ourselves. This amazed me.

As part of our package we were given a late check out, and as we rarely get lie ins were we cherish the opportunity, unfortunately no one told the cleaning staff who repeatedly tried to come into the room, I would like to say I do not blame them, they were very apologetic but had clearly not been told that our room was a late check out.

Finally and most certainly not least, having to pay for parking in a hotel is just a step too far. We ate in their restaurant, we drank in their bar, had lunch in the cafe, I think we had spent enough to warrant our parking! The hotel will cover 6pm til 10am, not much when you check in in the early afternoon and checkout after lunch.

We won't be having our wedding here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cutbymo

Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am extremely disappointed to read of your recent experience with us.
It is highly disappointing to learn you found us lacking on this occasion. From our many positive Reviews here on Tripadvisor I can assure you it is not a true reflection of our usually high standards of customer service. I can only apologise on behalf of myself and entire team at The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.
I understand how important choosing your venue for this very special occasion is. Here at The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel we have a designated wedding coordinator Carol Dempsey. Should you and your fiancée like to reconsider and make contact with the hotel, I can guarantee 110 percent dedication from both Carol and myself and in fact our entire team.
I have spoken with our Front Office Manager regarding the lack of communication throughout the weekend and full training will be carried out with our team immediately.

Once again I am truly sorry for the matter as a whole. Should you wish to contact I would be delighted to deal with you personally.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was part of a large group (40 pax) that stayed at the Hotel in between 19 and 24 January 2014. This has been our sixth year to visit the Portlaoise with our group. Our trip this year was one of the best. The food and staff were absolute tops; the staff always welcome you with a smile and are so helpful. We menu each day was perfect and they catered for all special requirements.

Our group are very well travelled and have only the best to say about every one at the Heritage. ,A big thank you to everybody who works at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read this year’s event was one of the best. As always it was our pleasure to have your group join us again.
Your kind words have be passed along to all members of our team.
Your valued custom is very much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the near future