“Very Clean with good staff”

Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Dublin, Ireland
“Very Clean with good staff”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First time in this hotel, was impressed and will visit again. Reception was very friendly and comfortable as was the staff. Room was spacious and spotless, we were overlooking the main road and could'nt hear a thing. Restaurant was clean and food was very tasty. Bar was comfortable but a little dated - for a 4star it could do with an overhaul but overall a good value hotel right in the centre of town. Only down side is you have to pay for parking

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PortlaoiseHeritage, General Manager at Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your very kind review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to achieve high standards throughout the hotel so it is fantastic to hear you found your room comfortable and enjoyed the food.
We are currently in the process of refurbishing many areas of the hotel and hope to have the project completed later in the year.
Your review is greatly appreciated.
I hope to welcome you back again to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.

Gemma Jordan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 1 night recently. On first impression I felt the overall appearance was very tired and a shabby appearance. The bedroom was grubby, I went for a swim in the pool and there was green moss / mould on the edge of the pool, the place is dull and there are various unpleasant smells around the hotel. The meeting room I attended was set-up with leather chairs, the majority of which has torn armrests. When we asked for replacements, we got filthy chairs, with ingrained dirt and food. The socked boxes built into the floors were filthy dirty and the socket on the wall was falling off. I ate lunch in the carvery before I left, the tea cups were dirty and also the milk jugs had not been cleaned for a good while with dried milk on the insides. I will not be returning and neither will my company.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Oconnesi
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am very disappointed to read your comments, nonetheless they are very much appreciated as all comments are constructive and help us improve our service moving forward.
We are currently in the process of refurbishing many areas of the hotel which involves repainting and updating of equipment.
I have spoken with our Leisure Centre Manager concerning your issues regarding the pool area and this has been addressed immediately.
I am truly sorry you found us lacking on this occasion. We do not take it lightly the loss of custom

Gemma Jordan

Travellers are raving about these Portlaoise hotels

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I use the hotel as local entertainment venue for myself and wife
I also eat there regularly and find the staff and management great
Would recommend it to anybody I think you will be pushed to find better

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoy the facilities Portlaoise Heritage Hotel has to offer. Your repeated custom is greatly valued and I appreciate you taking the time to share it on Tripadvisor.
I look forward to welcoming you to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the near future

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We are just back from a brilliant stay in this hotel. We stayed here with our two kids (1 & 5). We were greeted by the lady at reception with a big smile and she was very friendly. Our room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. We had food in the bar and it was lovely. Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent. The staff in the hotel and leisure centre were all so friendly. The leisure centre was brilliant and the kids had a ball. The only problem with our whole stay here was a very small one but it was abit annoying was the key cards never really worked properly, we had to keep going back to reception to get the key card reissued. On a whole though myself, husband and two kids had a brilliant weekend, feeling very relaxed and refreshed now. Would highly recommend

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rebecca C
Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your family break here at The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel. It is pleasing to read you enjoyed your room and enjoyed both the leisure centre and bar.
Our leisure centre area is ideal for family fun with both a 22 metre pool for adults and a kids pool area.
I have taken note of your issues regarding the keycards and brought it up with our IT department. I apologise most sincerely for any inconvenience caused by this.
Thank you once again for your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Both my wife margaret and I stayed at the Heritage Hotel, Portlaoise on 28th & 29th March and we thoroughly had a brilliant mini-break. The staff are very friendly , the food in the Restaurant was very well cooked, well presented and the service was first class. The drink in the bar was very reasonable, the barman was very efficient and friendly. The breakfast is excellent, the room is very spacious, very clean and the bed was comfortable.
The Duty Manager Mr Aidan Moore(no relation) was extremely helpful, nothing was a problem, and he was always in good humour. The Receptionist was extremely helpful and both of them went to great lengths to get tickets for us for the Keith Barry Show which we both enjoyed.
I would recommend a stay in The Heritage Hotel for anyone looking to recharge their batteries
or just chill out.
we did not use the Leisure Center or the Spa this time but we will go back again.
The Security to the bedroom area is also first class, you can't access the lift without your room card.
Pat Moore

Room Tip: Look for a non-smoking and a quiet location.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat M
Pat Moore
Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It gave me great pleasure to read you had an enjoyable stay here at The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.
We strive to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with all our guests so I am delighted to read you witnessed this throughout your stay. Your kind comments have been passed along to Aidan our Duty Manager who was delighted to receive such positive feedback.
It is wonderful to see you found our accommodation comfortable and to your liking and that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night in bridal suite!! Surprise from partner :) Amazing is all I can say.. it was beautiful and spotless. And the jazuii was heavenly.. from the moment we arrived we loved it.. from the friendly receptionist to all the staff we dealt with.. highly professional and friendly.. we ate in spago restaurant. . It was gorgeous highly recommend it.. 4 course meal was included in price of room which was €139.. great deal! Few drinks in bar afterwards very cosy..Breakfast was lovely next morning the usual buffet style of cerals fruit ect or else a full irish breakfast which I had.. enjoyed it.. staff again in good form and chatty.. cant wait to stay again :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Our Bridal Suite is truly special for marking a special occasion.

We pride ourselves on our high level of customer service therefore it gives me great pleasure to read this was your experience with us and your kind words have been passed on to all members of our team.
I look forward to welcoming you back again to The Portlaoise Heritage Hotel.

Gemma Jordan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Midlands Park Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!