“warm welcome”

Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Portlaoise
Price range: US$6 - US$34
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual dining at it's best!DescriptionRelish strives to be the leading casual dining restaurant in Laois. This will be achieved through good value, great tasting food, impeccable service and a warm atmosphere. At Relish you may enjoy your meal in our modern upstairs restaurant or downstairs in Delaneys bar.
dublin
“warm welcome”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

a beautiful little restaurant on main st portlaoise.hotel we were staying in recommended it and they were spot on.lovely welcome,clean,great service and beautiful food and friendly staff.would defenitly visit again.thanks guys at relish beasserie.rob and siobhan dublin.

• Visited July 2014

Portlaoise, Ireland
“Very Tasty Food”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food here is excellent.
I had prawns to start, yum
The New Yorker burger for the main, it was massive, I could only manage half with the nicest homemade chips

My other half got the goats cheese ciabatta and said it was gorgeous, the beetroot was fab.
He had steak for main with garlic potatoes, the steak was perfect, the potatoes were very dry and not very appealing but luckly he was full so didn't mind too much.

Would go back again for sure.

• Visited June 2014
Dublin
“Tasty food and friendly staff.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had heard a lot about this restaurant and had wanted to eat here for a while. It was late on a Saturday afternoon and I was not sure that we would be able to get served but we were warmly welcomed and shown to our table. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. The atmosphere is informal and comfortable.

Two of us had the steak sandwich and my other friend had the beer battered fish which I tried and even though I am not a fan of battered anything I would order this dish here on a future visit. The steak sandwich was very tasty; the meat itself was extremely tender. The portions are huge and great value for money. I wasn’t sure I’d be having the pepper sauce until I tried it; it was so nice I could have done with more in the end! Only two of us were able for dessert after the large portions of the mains, my friend had the brownie and I had the waffle, it was a struggle but we made it and even had room for coffee which was also very nice.

When we arrived there was only one other table seated, during our meal another two tables were seated. I think when the restaurant is full the noise level might be a bit too much given the closeness of the tables and the low ceiling.

All three of us will be back for sure.

• Visited July 2014
“Great food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff,always willing to help a nice relaxed atmosphere. Prompt service and great tasting food

1 Thank Derek F
Port Laoise, Laois, Ireland
“Well worth a visit...”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Visited Relish on Thursday evening last with a large group of friends. We had preordered our meals & so all was ready on our arrival. The food was delicious, hot & very flavoursome (starter & mains) however the dessert was a let down. I ordered the Belgian Waffle but it was disappointing. I was also disappointed with the seating arrangements as some of our group were sitting with their backs to others, but this could be explained by the large size of our party. Overall an enjoyable experience. Staff were attentive & welcoming. A nice venue for small groups. Hope to return at some stage.

• Visited June 2014