“Overpriced”

Cuisines: European
Dublin, Ireland
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited tynans for a cup of coffee while we were shopping ,We both ordered coffee and a slice of carrot cake each ,at €14.50 it was massively overpriced needless to say we won't be coming back

Visited March 2014
1 Thank stephensmyth

Waterford, Ireland
“Lunchtime Haven”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This really unusual setting for a restaurant adds to its value. We had been recommended to visit by friends on Twitter. It did not disappoint. We both had salad, I had it with a foccacia bap, himself with a bagel. Al was really nice, especially the tomato salad.
we shared an apple pie, and each had a coffee. They were all lovely to deal with and I can't WAIT to go back. The portion sizes were really quite large, and from a business point of view, they could probably cut them back a little.

• Visited November 2013
“A real find . Lovely homemade food”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

First of all the surroundings in The Storeyard just add to this restaurant . Lovely place full of fab and unusual antiques .
The restaurant holds it's own . The food is always lovely . Homemade quality meals and fresh salads . The deserts are lovely . Particularly the orange chocolate cake . If you were a fan of Jims country kitchen you are in luck as the food is just as good . If you have never had the pleasure of being in Jims restaurant before it closed, you are in for a treat .

1 Thank Wtangogirl
Portlaoise, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food, lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

As my pet hate is unsupervised children running around restaurants and ignored screaming babies, I loved the sign on the door welcoming well behaved, properly supervised children and parents. It has a lovely atmosphere, very peaceful and relaxed, the staff are friendly, the food delicious, prices very reasonable and the surroundings lovely and quirky. My toddler loves looking at all the antiques as you walk in, loves the food and has enjoyed every visit there. They have high chairs for young children and are child friendly.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank emcannhne
Kildare
“Expensive and not family friendly”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Leave the buggy and baby at home!!!
Though the Store Yard is a fantastic setting for a restaurant/cafe I'm afraid Tynans let's it down. As with it's predecessor in the town the food is good but over priced. The service, as before, is efficient but 'cold'......their toilet facilities are some what chilly too!!! Having gone there for lunch with my 6month old to meet a friend I can safely say I won't be going back. I expected the over priced food but not the lack of baby changing facilities. I was pointed in the direction of the disabled toilet, nothing unusual there. The changing table was actually a marble top old style hall table (I'm sure I've got this description wrong, not too well up on my 'antiques'!!) anyway, it was totally unsuitable, cold, hard and not at all safe.
The staff, though obliging enough to bring coffee etc down to my table, gave the impression that they had far more important things to be doing than assisting a Mum with her hands full, despite the fact it wasn't busy as I had the good sense to get in before 1o'clock.
Though Portlaoise is limited in good places to eat with a good selection of home made food, which is all Tynans has going for it, I'd have to decline any future lunch dates here.
If,however, you're looking for somewhere nice for a coffee, I'd say it's worth a vist purely for the Strore Yard alone (the coffee us ok but again overpriced for what you get!!) You'll be made to feel welcome in the Store Yard even if you're just browsing.

• Visited May 2013