“Great staff”

Cuisines: European, Irish, Cafe, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Have been going here for a while now and all staff have been brillant. Open Mic is always a great event. The lad with the blue shirt and glasses is sound!!

There are newer reviews for Lethean

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I struggled with rating Lethean. I visited based on the high ranking it had on Tripadvisor and based on those expectations I found myself very disappointed.

However, taking the place itself for what it is, a bar that serves food, there is nothing particularly bad about the place, the food is pretty good, atmosphere is fair if not a little dark, and the staff are efficient and friendly.

I just expected more from what is supposed to be one of the best places to eat in Portlaoise. Based on my expectations vs experience I would have given a 1 or 2 out of 5 however, looking at the place for what it actually is, I think a 3 is fair. Average food in a bar at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Josie C
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good food, nice atmosphere, very relaxing. Have had some lovely lunches there, it's a good place to meet friends and catch up.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Was visiting portlaoise recently and this was nearest place to where we parked and as it was wet and windy we didn't want to venture further. It's dark and dated trendy maybe 10 years ago. Service was ok and food average. Menu choice wasn't what you would expect from a so called 'gastro pub' indifferent about whether I Would eat there again

3  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stopped here just by chance. Good simple pub grub, tasty. Good beer and decent atmosphere, will definitely drop in again

1  Thank Andrew C