“Super spot for lunch”

Cuisines: European, Irish, Cafe, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been here for lunch on numerous occasions and it is always a fantastic place to visit.
The food is excellent quality with nice touches such as homemade brown bread and mayo. The staff are so nice here too and they also have super cocktails if you are having a more relaxed kind of lunch! The beer garden outside is beautifully decorated and it's a lovely place to sit out for a meal on a nice sunny day. I couldn't recommend Lethean more highly!

1  Thank ClaireLaois

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've been here during the day for lunch with my sister and niece, the food is excellent and great value for money.
I've also been at night and the atmosphere and live music is great

1  Thank Amy E
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Have been going here for a while now and all staff have been brillant. Open Mic is always a great event. The lad with the blue shirt and glasses is sound!!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I struggled with rating Lethean. I visited based on the high ranking it had on Tripadvisor and based on those expectations I found myself very disappointed.

However, taking the place itself for what it is, a bar that serves food, there is nothing particularly bad about the place, the food is pretty good, atmosphere is fair if not a little dark, and the staff are efficient and friendly.

I just expected more from what is supposed to be one of the best places to eat in Portlaoise. Based on my expectations vs experience I would have given a 1 or 2 out of 5 however, looking at the place for what it actually is, I think a 3 is fair. Average food in a bar at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Josie C
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good food, nice atmosphere, very relaxing. Have had some lovely lunches there, it's a good place to meet friends and catch up.