“great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maldron Hotel Portlaoise

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
London
“great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Lovely, friendly hotel for a great price. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caitrionaogorman, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Dear Niall P,

Thank you for taking the time to Review Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
Caitriona O' Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Killarney, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay at the Maldron, Portlaoise. The rooms were excellent, staff went way and beyond the call of duty to make everything very special for us. (we were celebrating our anniversary). We enjoyed the leisure centre, and overall found the hotel to be better than we had expected. Both breakfast and dinner were outstanding and again the staff could not have done more for us. We will certainly be back.

Room Tip: we did not request any specific room, and were very pleased with wht we got which was higher up
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Stella O,

Thank you for choosing Maldron Hotel Portlaoise for your Anniversary Break, I was delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay and your compliments regarding our team were very much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise in the future, Perhaps for your Next Anniversary!!

Kind regards
Caitriona O' Gorman
tipperary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for a weekend away. I have to say I found the staff to be very friendly in all parts of the hotel. Personally this is what makes a great hotel for me when you get a nice welcome from all staff and they actually take the time to see how your stay is going.The leisure centre is very nice and there is a lovely relaxing pool which is very open with great sunlight.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and also had breakfast and both were very nice. This was a great value weekend and will more than likely return as they often have good offers on

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Myself and my friend decided to book a weekend break and opted for the maldron as they had some great B&B offers. Initially I wasn't expecting much, just thought your standard chain hotel which will do fine for a cheap weekend away. Well I couldn't have been more wrong. What really sets this hotel apart is the fantastic service from the staff. I really felt that everyone went above and beyond, in particular the guy who served us in the restaurant, great character and full of local tips. We really enjoyed our meal and thought it was great value. What is also really handy was the foodcourt attached to the hotel - a great option if you don't fancy a full dinner. Our room was as per the pictures on the website and spotlessly clean, nice fresh bedlinen and towels. When I booked the hotel I didn't realise they had a leisure centre (wish I had checked that out more:( ), I went down for a quick look and pool looked really inviting - note to self.... bring swimming suit next time. I will definitely stay in this hotel again - Portlaoise is a great spot for a weekend break.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

We stayed here for 3 nighst during the Electric Picnic last weekend. Its was 199 a night, which we agreed to pay for 3 nights, given the festival was on etc.
Unfortunatly after this stay we noticied an extra 100 euro on the bill...We rang the Maldron and asked what this was for, and was given the explanation of this was an outstanding balance of another room, NOT OUR room, but one of our partys room. We were paying for each different room sepratley...Just because you charged someone less 100e, does not give anyone the right to use our card against there mistake.
Would think twice about staying here...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stay in this hotel on a regular basis and always enjoy my stay. The rooms a very spacious, clean and well appointed. The staff are always very friendly and very helpfull. Jessie on the desk went out of his way to accomadate my prefferance in having a trouser press witout any fuss or making me feel awkward. If there was a down side I feel the resturant isnt brilliant although breakfast is always good with sufficient choise. I like the self service as i can pick and choose what i want and the quantities i need. The leisure centre here is superb and again the staff are very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Myself and my boyfriend sayed here and we both thought it was a great hotel. Staff were friendly and hotel location was great and easy to find.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise? Share your experiences!