“I Loved It”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Ireland
“I Loved It”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I really loved this hotel the locantion was excellent and also it was nice to see a few restaurants there after my long journey. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would certainly stay here again. But I booked a double room and was in one with a double bed and a single bed. I thought this was strange.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Caitrionaogorman, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Travel Bug 062,

Thank you for your lovely review about our hotel.

All of our rooms are very spacious and for that reason were designed to sleep one to four people. While some rooms have a double and single bed, we also have several with double and two singles to conveniently sleep a family.

Travel Bug 062, I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

Caitriona O' Gorman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2011

good large spacious room very clean
all staff very pleasent
Breakfast was only ok fruit and yogurt and good choice of bread Hot breakfast was not very warm and was fairly tastless in my opinion it seemed to be cooked some time and dried up

Dinner in resteraunt is not fine dining but very good food and service

We got very good deal with bottle of wine and dinner

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Bernadette31,

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay in Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I was happy to read that you had availed of our excellent Dinner, Bed & Breakfast package with a Complimentary bottle of wine which really is great value.

I was saddened to read that you were disappointed with our breakfast as we always strive to push standards of perfection across all departments in our hotel, particularly with the quality of our food. I appreicate you taking the time to review this expereince as it is only through our guests taking the time to offer their feedback that we can grow and improve on our service.

Cork
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Stayed with a friend at the Maldron in Portlaoise and was really happy with this hotel. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. All we spoke to had a friendly smile and an offer of help. We ate in the resturant and the food was really good, tasty and with plenty to fill you up at any meal. The pool is beautifully clean and warm. I will be returning to the hotel as I think it will make an ideal base to explore not just Laoise but all the surrounding counties.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Nora K,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I am so happy to read that you had a lovely pleasant stay. Indeed the hotel is centrally located in the heartlands of Laois and is ideal when travelling to visit scenic areas of any other county around us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise some day.

Caitriona
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at the Maldron in Portlaoise with my daughter in October. It was really good value for money. The hotel was lovely and clean and the rooms were a great size. We had a double and a single bed in our room. The bathroom was small but perfectly fine. The hotel is just off the motorway but it was really quiet. There is a great leasure centre in the hotel with a lovely pool. You can have breakfast in the hotel or in one of the restaurants in the Midway centre beside the hotel. For the price and for a short break, a great hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on floor three which was well above the car park and we were not disturbed at all.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Geraldine M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Portlaoise following your recent stay.

I appreciate you acknowledging how ideally located our hotel is just off the M7/M8 motorway & is only a minutes drive from Portlaoise Town..

I hope that you will return to our hotel for another stay, some day soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Me and my family have just returned from this hotel we had an under average stay at the hotel it is not suitable for families. We stayed for two nights in a family room that was on the first floor, we left the window open during the night because the room was very hot even though we had no heating on but this caused a problem as the restaurant kitchen was just below and we were awoken during the night with noise as this was a staff car park and there was a lot of activity at very late hours, there was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke in our room during the night which woke one of my sons up because of staff smoking at the kitchen door just below our window we wouldn't mind this but we had requested a non smoking room for a reason our whole floor was non smoking. Our room had no iron or iron press also we had one roll of toilet roll in the room and no extra given for our stay we ended up looking for storage area ourselves and taking a few rolls as there were five of us in the room. A major problem was that there is no lounge area in the hotel to relax and bring the children in the evenings just a formal restaurant with small bar area were everybody was crammed together definitely not good for people who wanted to have a drink without having food. We noticed a lot of people coming into the restaurant looking for a place to sit and have a drink with their families but just left and went back to there hotel rooms as there was no space. This hotel is suitable for people on business not for families or groups of people wanting to meet up.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Cartastic
Dear Cartastic,

I was disappointed to read about the issues you described about your stay in your review.

This is not normally how our hotel operates and was disappointing to read.

Can I ask you to send me through your telephone number so that I may discuss this further with you. My email address is cogorman@maldronhotels.com.

It is only through constructive feedback that we are able to make any wrong doings right and I thank you for the opportunity to do this.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 November 2011

just back from weekend and it was really good 7 of us went and every one was happy with it (hard to do) thanks to all the staff who were more than helpful , looking forward to going again on new years, special thanks to lisa , from anne

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Caitrionaogorman, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Dear Anne H,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us last weekend and for giving Lisa a speical mention.

I was very happy to read how your entire party enjoyed their stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back with us in December to celebrate New Years.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This hotel is very well run. The reception staff are very efficient and helpful and the restaurant/bar staff are also excellent. The night of our restaurant meal Linda was in charge and she was friendly, helpful and efficient. The leisure center is nice, bright and clean, The only complaint is the design of the hotel, the bar area is small and is part of the restaurant. Breakfast is the usual standard fare, again the staff were helpful and pleasant. The rooms are bright and clean.

Room Tip: We slept at the front of the hotel, it was quiet but the back must be even quieter as you be away fr...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank irishtraveller74
Dear irishtraveller74,

Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Portlaoise. I was very pleased to read how you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise some day.

Caitriona O' Gorman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyfin
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Abbeyleix

Been to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise? Share your experiences!