“Maldron Hotel Portlaoise”

Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed in the Maldron Hotel in Portlaoise for one night with my daughter and her friend,, have to say it was very enjoyable ,staff were so nice ,, The rooms were spacious and clean....The spa and pool were an added bonus,,Thank You for a most enjoyable stay. Oonagh..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Lisa S, Sales and Marketing Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Doodles223,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and sharing your experience. I am delighted that you found our staff friendly along with our spacious and clean rooms. Your kind comments will be passed to the team.

I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel as soon as your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We had a lovely time it your hotel, the staff were all very nice and friendly, the dinners were fab and the treatment in the spa was amazing... Couldnt have asked for a nicer few days away so very relaxing... Thank you for a relaxing 3 days...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Lisa S, Sales and Marketing Manger at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear MayoMajella,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at he Maldrom Hotel Portlaoise.

We always strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and ensure they have a truly enjoyable and relaxing stay. I am pleased to see that you experienced all of these and enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to see you back here really soon.

kind regards

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We've stay as a couple in Maldron Hotel for our anniversary, I have mention that fact in email when I was making a booking, as I was really looking forward for that special night away.
We've check in with young receptionist, who probably was on training. If she was, she still have a lot of thinks to learn. A little bit of smile would be nice, not even mention about information for guest about hotel facilities. Room was not to big and clean. There was some noise from motorway but it was fine. More annoying was noises from bathroom above our room. Hotel do not have WiFi in room, and using cable is not very comfortable especially if you want to lay in the bed with your laptop. It would be also nice to get better quality TV with more channels. Hotel do not provide room service at all, even for breakfast, which was quite surprise for me, and there is no bathrobes and sleepers in room, so have to take it with you especially if you planning to go to swimming pool or SPA.
The things that we really like was the SPA treatments - very relaxing and we really enjoy it. Lady in the SPA was lovely, very professional and nice. We've also have to compliment food on dinner in restaurant, very tasty and well seasoned. Unfortunately the atmosphere of our special occasion dinner was vanished when staff start to prepare the floor for next morning breakfast and was dragging tables and chairs all over making afoul noises that we nearly hear what we said to each other. It would be also nice if the restaurant staff know hotel special offers and discount they included, instead of blaming guest that didn't mention about it when he pay his bill.
I could mention many small things, that maybe for some people are not that important, but this little details are creating the hole view of standard of the hotel and provided service.
To end my review I can say that the stay was ok as for 3* hotel, but to be honest I expect better service and little bit more commitment from hotel staff to make us fell that it is special occasion, that's why I mention it few times when I book, and about that I was disappointed.

Room Tip: I can recommend this hotel for somebody who is on trip and want to stay for night to sleep and rest...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ajekcento

Dear Ajekcento,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay in the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I am dissappointed to receive this criticism. This will serve our team well, as we do continually look to find opportunities to improve our levels of service and attention to detail. I would like to reassure you that while your stay certainly did not meet the highest level of service I know we are capable of, i hope that you may allow us the opportunity to improve provided that you so come back to the hotel again soon. Please do contact me directly on lsinnott@maldronhotels.com. I would be happy to look after you on your return visit.

As of last week WI-FI is available in all areas of the hotel. I ws delightd to read that you found the food in Stir Restarurant up to standard, tasty and well seasoned as well as your spa experience i will pass on your comments to Rachel in Body adn Soul Therapy rooms

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Booked the Maldron Portlaoise on a special deal. Visited with my daughter as a special treat. Room spacious and clean, everything worked. Bathroom a good standard. The pool area with sauna & jacuzzi were a great distraction, and used twice during our overnight stay. At all times the staff were pleasant and helpful. Night out was followed by trip to Kildare Village. We'll definitely repeat the experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that is not looking out over the sports centre roof!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Familyof5dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on Tripadvisor.

We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and i'm glad that on this occasion we exceeded yours. It is great that you got to use our leisure facilities twice while you were in the hotel and found our staff friendly. I was so happy to read that you also got to visit Kildare Village shopping outlet which is only 20 minutes from the hotel.

I am delighted you have decided to return. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit lsinnott@maldronhotels.com

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Arrived at the hotel at 0100 hrs after a long haul flight. I had already advised reception that I would be arriving late. The door was opened by the night staff on the first ring - the room was exactly what we had asked for (3 persons) - we had a quiet and restful night and resumed our journey the following morning having avoided the Dublin morning traffic. Although a short stay - all in all a comfortable one - thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Lisa S, sales and Marketing Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear mikebanon,

It was very kind of you to take the time to review the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise and share your experience with fellow Tripadvisor travellers.

I hope you will return to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I organised a girls night away for 9 school friends and i for saturday 6th july. we got 1 night bed and breakfast, a evening meal and a spa treatment for € 100.00 each. To be honest we werent expecting much for that price but the girls all agreed it was fabulous....
the staff were great, the rooms were spotless. the treatment and staff were amazing. some of the girls used the leisure centre and they said it was great. the meal was really nice and we had a fabulous break..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Irishcouple1998,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I am delighted that you and your 9 friends enjoyed the hotel so much and had a chance to sample Body and Soul therapy rooms and our leisure facilities. I will pass your "fabulous" comments to Rachel as well as your kind comments about our staff.

It is my goal to retain you as a customer of the hotel and i hope with your experience that it will not be too long before you return to see us again.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Had a very nice stay in the maldron hotel portlaiose , The staff were very nice, The Room was big and clean , a good hot shower or bath. The food was very good had an evening meal will be back . Breakfast good , staff very good And the use off the pool , Hope to get away again and would recommend it to stay here , and just off the motorway , And a food court next to the hotel as well ,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Faldoo1,

Thank you for taking the time to record your recent stay with us and share your experience with fellow travellers.

I am delighted to read that you found our staff friendly, room big and clean as well as enjoying our complimentary leisure facilities. I have passed your comments to our chef who i have no doubt will appreciate your comments regarding the food.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Killenard
Tullamore Court Hotel
Tullamore Court Hotel
#2 of 3 in Tullamore

Been to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise? Share your experiences!