Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay, rooms lovely and warm on a chilly night, food gorgeous staff very pleasant. Would absolutely recommend to anyone for an overnight stay and/or meal. The Cesar salad terrific. Would really have loved breakfast in the room but that service isn't available....
That's the only one thing that I would have loved, but no faults regarding the hotel or staff.
Would recommend it to anyone for an overnight or just a meal.

• Stayed: September 2013
Lisa S, Sales and Marketing Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear IsUSSIIUaseereer102 ,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise.

I have pased your comments to our staff who i have no doubt will be delighted to read your comments. The staff as always are known for their professionalism and friendliness.
Your comments regarding breakfast in the room will be looked at and thank you for highlighting.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Hotel was quite nice and clean. Staff where very polite and professional. One thing I would have liked to see is more entertainment. I was there for the weekend and they had entertainment on the Saturday night which was good but there was nothing on the Sunday night. They also had a beer promtion on, 3 bottles of Molstan for 10 euro or 4 for 12 euro. This was also a major plus. Overall I had a good time and would recommend the place.

Dear Aaron B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As always it is a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding the cleanliness of the hotel and the professionalism of our staff.

I am glad you enjoyed the ententainment on the Saturday night and we will discuss your comments regarding extra entertainment on Sunday. Our beer promotions are excellent and i'm glad you availed of our special offers.

I hope to welcome you back to the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise as soon as your travel plans permit.

Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

The location is perfect! Rooms are spacious and very clean! the rates are ideal too. But overall it was an unpleasant stay. I booked two nights with a late check out and and after our first nights sleep, accommodation staff came in without knocking. The front desk then call to ask if I was leaving in which I said I had two nights booked. She apologised and hung up. Then the following morning again staff barged in and I was in the middle of undressing I was very embarrassed. To which the front desk rang again and asked was I checking out to which I stated I had a late check out! Was nothing noted on my reservation? Nothing said to me on check out. No formal apology! Overall not happy.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ciara B

Dear Ciara B,

Thank you for posting your reveiw on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for highlighting all the positive aspects of your stay firstly the location (just off exit 17 on the M7 Motorway), the cleanliness of the bedrooms and the rate you paid for your stay.

After reading all the positive points i was disappointed to read the negative points. On behalf of the management here in hotel i want to apologise. You should not have been disturbed during your stay.

I would ask that you contact me directly on lsinnott@maldronhotels.com so we can discuss the matter. This was a mistake on our part and we would like to make it up to you.

086 0408352

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Excellent hotel all staff were very professional and very helpful. We had a delicious meal included in our deal.we also enjoyed one hour free bowling as part of our deal this was thoroughly enjoyed by us all. we also availed of the gym and health suite this was very clean and had a good range of equipment. The only comment we would like to raise is the restaurant could do with more staff as they were run off their feet but still maintained great professionalism. Lovely relaxing break.

Dear Aileen M,

Greeting from the Maldron Hotel Portlaoise and thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.

I have passed your kind comments to all the staff here in the hotel and Stir Restaurant. I am glad you availed of the complimentary leisure facilities and found the pool clean with a good range of equipment

We have a great team here in the hotel and i am happy you got to experience the friendliness and warmth that we as a group are renowned for.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on your return visit lsinnott@maldronhotels.com

Reviewed 26 August 2013

The usual summertime trawl for a place to stay with children can be hit or miss. Our family of four, husband, wife and a 12 year old boy and 11 year old girl. This can be a difficult age to please but when we arrived at the Maldron Portlaoise we knew from the kids reaction we were on a winner. The facilities were great, the pool was perfect and we were given concessions to the local Roll&Bowl, this too was first class, it catered for toddlers up to adults. We were in the bar on sunday evening after the Clare v Limerick game and the place was packed but the staff took it all in their stride and maintained their professionalism throughout. Mealtimes were lovely too with a great selection of choice. I hope we can return to the Maldron Portlaoise. I have to commend the people of Portlaoise for a lovely welcoming town. Thanks for a lovely time. Laurence

Dear Laurence M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding your family stay in the hotel. I'm glad you all enjoyed staying here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We booked the Maldron Portlaoise for an overnight stay before we travelled on further the next day. We booked it on both reviews and the website but were definitely disappointed. Not expecting much except a dip in the pool & a meal before heading to bed it was a bit of a let down to find that on a Sunday night it was carvery only. This had not been specified in the website ( the opposite in fact). Having had our lunch earlier in the day it meant we had to head into the town for a bite to eat. Staff were inexperienced which I know is not their fault but altogether has put me off Maldron hotels

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear ClaireM04,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay.

We are closed for dining on Sunday evening and this is stated on our website

I am disappointed to read the comments regarding your stay and would ask that you contact me directly to discuss the matter as we would love to have you back in the hotel and indeed using all the hotels in the group.

You can email me on lsinnott@maldronhtoels.com to discuss.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Stayed at the maldron hotel recently. Absolutely great hotel. The hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean. Brillant proximity to Portlaoise town, and value for money is terrific. On checking in I was looked after by one of the most friendliest hotel receptionists ever- an absolute credit to the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a nice hotel with good food, friendly staff and great value for money. Will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Killenard
Tullamore Court Hotel
Tullamore Court Hotel
#2 of 3 in Tullamore

Been to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise? Share your experiences!