Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
  • Pool
O'Loughlin's Hotel(Portlaoise)
Roundwood House(Mountrath)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfood courtleisure centrerestaurant barswimming poollovely poolgames roomkildare villagestayed for one nightsaturday nightroom was spotlessbeds were comfortablelovely stafffamily roomlovely hotellast weekenda lovely staywould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel with our 7 months old son for New Year’s and we would have nothing only positive things to say about the experience. We were checked in quite quickly. The problem with the broken window was dealt promptly and we got an extra heater to keep our baby warm. The room we stayed in was very comfortable and quiet so it was a perfect place for a good night sleep with a small baby. The receptionist did everything in her power to find us a babysitter for a few hours so we could come down to the bar and welcome the New Year with a glass of champagne. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choices and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall it is great hotel for family and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Staying here at the moment as in new years eve had to come to bed early as I took sick to be badly disturbed by a couple arguging tried loads of times to contact reception to no avail had to go down to see some one to be told I hadn't rung recpition and asked them to deal with the noise safe to say I wont be coming again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Staff at this hotel are very friendly, welcoming and willing to advise.
The hotel is located just off the N7 at junction 17, making it really close to several attractions on this road.
The leisure centre is lovely.

• Stayed: November 2013
Caitrionaogorman, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and that all the team here were very helpful. It is wonderful that you enjoyed the Leisure Club. Please be assured I will pass on your warming comments to the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel on your next trip to Portlaoise.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family and I (all 34 of us) were very disappointed with our stay here for our get together. First we missed the entrance for the hotel as the sign was in among many others and not very clear. Over all the staff were very helpful to the best of their abilities (some were obviously inexperienced),

Rooms clean and comfortable but the wifi didn't work anywhere in the hotel even though our devices were picking it up.

The wrong info was given at the time of booking of a spa treatment deal with our booking.

The overall building just lacked warmth and comfort, The layout of the reception area seemed an after thought, small, cold and directly in front of the entrance door and the bar/ restaurant/ breakfast area was all the same room.

We sat down to our meal on 2 long wooden tables isolated from half the group with no linens or table cloths. This I would have put up with as the food was nice but as we moved to the bar section of the room (feet away and which we filled up) we were disappointed to discover there was no entertainment provided. It was a Saturday night! Then to discover there was no selection of special drinks i.e. cocktails or shots available either. This all topped of by the bar man informing us that the bar is now closing and if we would like to continue our drinks we would have to sit in reception area, order off the night porter who would then bring us our drinks. This happened at no later than 12!

It was safe to say we all had an early night and left the next day feeling sadly very disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mel D

Dear Mel

I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you had hoped. Please be assured I will bring your feedback to the attention of our team here aiming to review our operations. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future, this would allow us the opportunity to show you the warm, professional hotel we strive to be.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here in November for 3 nights while on business in Portlaoise.Lovely big clean room with spotless bathroom .Pool area was nice but there was a lot of other activities going on in pool , so made it awkward to enjoy relaxing swim.
overall a nice clean hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mick,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Please be assured I will pass on your warming comments to the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel on your next trip to Portlaoise.

General Manager.