“Good site in so so city”
Review of O'Loughlin's Hotel

and 1 more site!
O'Loughlin's Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Good site in so so city”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed 2 nights here to cover an area of Ireland I had missed before. It's an older hotel, but clean with good pub and food. The town is a working city with little to offer outside of a few chain hotels. This one is more cozy. It's in heart of city, but I don't know what else is there.

Room Tip: Every one here does double duty. Find the car park & buzz in, front is too difficult.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue O
ivoroloughlin, Owner at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Sue O,

Thank you for you recent review. I'm delighted you chose our little hotel instead of one of the out of town chain hotels. I'm glad you had a good experience with us during your stay. Hopefully the next time you are passing by you might call in for a bite to eat!!
Again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. In these current recessionary times every bit of positive feedback really helps.

Kindest regards,

Ivor O'Loughlin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I have been visiting the hotel for a number of months now.

As a business man I get to see many hotels across Ireland and I can honestly say that O'Loughlins know how to serve and look their clients.

Their food is excellent and facilities 1st class.

I would highly recommend the hotel for meetings, accommodation eating out and for events of all kinds.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
TULLAMORE
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I attend a weekly networking meeting with 24 other businesses at this hotel every Tuesday morning from 6.30 to 8.30 followed by breakfast in the restuarant.

The meeting room is always setup to our requirments, projector and screen in place and water on all tables. The room has a lovely feel to it which helps when you are sitting through meetings, not too warm and never cold.

A nice touch is there is always fresh lemon in the water provided on all tables.

The staff are always on hand even this early in the morning to offer any assistance required.

We follow the meeting with breakfast which is always very well presented with all ingredients locally sourced. The brown bread is amazing you have to try it.

As a business women I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for a business or social meeting, you are always greeted by a friendly smile and your facilities are always to a high standard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I regularly use this hotel for meetings. It is centrally located in the centre of Portlaoise. It has a large car park at the rear of the building. The food is always fab, especially the breakfast for my early morning meetings. On a cold winter day the fire at the front of the hotel is always a special treat. The staff are always very friendly and are always on hand to help me out. WIFI is decent as well which is essential for me meetings.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank eConcepts-Kieran
Dear eConcepts-Kieran,

Thank you kindly for your recent review. I'm delighted that you find our hotel a good place to hold meetings. We have invested a lot in out Wifi system as we are fully aware of its importance nowadays. Our open fire is a long time favourite of our customers especially on cold mornings as you pointed out. I hope you will continue to use us as a venue for you meeting s and I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed 15 April 2013

O' Loughlins Hotel highly is in a fantastic central location in Portlaoise town. It has great accommodation and the food and service are second to none. We couldn’t recommend Ivor and his staff highly enough for the warm welcome you get to the hotel, how well you are looked after and the fantastic locally sourced food that they provide.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AdamJake
Dear adamandjake,

Thank you for recent kind words. It is always nice to hear positive feedback. As mentioned in previous responses the sourcing of our food is very important to us and we go to great lengths to support local producers. As we are a small family run hotel in direct competition with larger bank owned hotels, our quality and service is what we rely on.
Hopefully we will have to pleasure of company again soon. Until then, thank you for taking the time to review our business.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

O'Loughlins Hotel is a little gem situated in the heart of Portlaoise town.
Family run and with a friendly and welcoming staff you would be hard pressed to find such a warm atmosphere elsewhere.
Their food is fantastic,presented beautifully and also keenly priced.
There is a great selection on their menus and their nightly Early Bird offers are great value.
If you are planning a night out for 2 or a feast for several I would highly recommend O'Loughlins .... you can even boogie the night away afterwards if you head there at the weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear L_Moore_CTec,

I would like to thank you for your recent review, I was delighted to read it. Our food is a very important part of our business and we strive to provide high quality locally sourced food at reasonable prices. Our early bird menu has been very popular with our customers for that reason.
I was also thrilled to hear that you were impressed with our staff and the service they provide. As we are a family run hotel, it is very important to us that our customer service is excellent.
Again, I would like to thank you for your kind words and hope to see you in with us again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed for one night on Saturday 6th April.

I highly recommend O'Loughlins. Check-in was quick and easy with all staff from the receptionist to the barman and even the security guys on the night club (free admission for residents) being very helpful.

It's in a good location too - pretty much dead center of town, with good parking out the back. I managed to get a parking ticket for pulling up briefly in a handicap spot outside the hotel though! :-( No fault of the hotel, but I thought the garda might have been a bit more understanding at 10:30 on a Sunday morning - especially as there are two of these spaces and no sign of anyone needing them for the few minutes I occupied one.

Next time I am in Portlaoise I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Graham Nolan,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are a family run hotel and take pride in the service we provide to all our customers. I was thrilled to see that you had and enjoyable experience with us and do hope to see you with us again the next time you are in Portlaoise.

Ivor O'Loughlin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
#1 of 1 in Killenard
Central Hotel Tullamore
Central Hotel Tullamore
#3 of 3 in Tullamore

Been to O'Loughlin's Hotel? Share your experiences!