“Great Value - would highly recommend”
Review of O'Loughlin's Hotel

and 1 more site!
O'Loughlin's Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Portlaoise
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night and were very impressed with this hotel. The room was nice, big and clean. When we arrived we were checked in promptly without any fuss. We had a lovely dinner in the bar, some of the options were a little pricey for Portlaoise I felt, however the food was delicious. Breakfast was a freshly cooked full Irish which was again delicious, there were options such as cereal etc too.

Overall, for a cheap and cheerful place to stay O'Loughlins is perfect.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deasyb
barry k, General Manager at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Dear Deasby,

Many thanks for taking the time to review O'Loughlins Hotel. We were delighted that you found your stay with us to be a good one and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Portlaoise again in the future.

There are newer reviews for O'Loughlin's Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Very central hotel but it's very dated food and drink bit over priced a lot nicer better priced and up to date places to go in the town , staff where friendly but certainly in no hurry to serve you a lot nicer hotels to stay in might suit some people, a little bit of work and it be a lovely hotel

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
barry k, General Manager at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear aaron654,

Many thanks for taking the time to review O'Loughlins Hotel. I am delighted to inform you that we are currently in the middle of refurbing the hotel and have recently introduced exciting new menus in our bar and bistro.
I would be confident that should you return you wil see a vast difference in the hotel.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to O'Loughlins hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

really enjoyed our stay in this lovely hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome A special mention to Maggie and the food which was great. Cant wait to go back lovely atmosphere. great central location. Brillant

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
barry k, Manager at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear B M

Thank you for your recent review of O'Loughlins Hotel. I was delighted that you had a lovely stay with us. I will pass on your comliments to Maggie, she will be delighted with your kind words.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to O'Loughlins again in the near future.

Kinds Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lovely hotel. great rooms. safe parking. Maggie who sorted our food was fantastic. will definately be back. look forward to returning. great service and friendly staff lovely atmosphere. great central location.

Room Tip: all rooms we used were lovely
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
barry k, General Manager at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hi happygolucky000,

Many thanks for your recent review of O'Loughlins Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal with us, and I will pass on your kind comments to Maggie.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to O'Loughlins Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Decided to go for dinner and can safely say I wont be back. Wasnt busy yet I counted at least 6 staff on plus a duty manager. Waited 15 mins and no sign of menus. Went and got these myself then waited a further 20 mins to order. Food came out really quick and no wonder why. I order prawn curry with rice. The rice was definitely reheated. I could lift the entire mould of rice up from the plate it was that rubbery and stuck together. Unedible. Curry was ok. Really small portion considering its price. Staff were not friendly whatsoever... Came out hungry amd the same for my partners reheated dinner also.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear noahsar,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at O'Loughlins Hotel. I was extremely disapointed to read that you had such a poor experience with us. In the last week we have launched a new bar and bistro food menu which I am confident is of a very high standard, so perhaps you will find this to be a better experience.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your issues with you further, if you could contact me directly on bkennedy@oloughlinshotel.ie i would be delighted to discuss with you further.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

stayed here for a night. room smelt a bit musky. bed sheets were clean which was a bonus. felt claustraphobic in the shower it was that small. very expensive for wat it is considering there is a beautiful hotel just up the road for the same price.

Stayed: August 2014

Hi jodiejohnny,

Many thanks for taking the time to revirw O'Loughlins Hotel. I was disapointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Being an old building we have many different sizes of bedrooms, so perhaps if you choose to stay with us again you could request one of our more spacious rooms.

I do hope wewill have the opportunity to welcome you back to O'Loughlins Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel is in the centre of town with a private car park with barriers to enter. the hotel is very friendly the staff are more than helpful. The full Irish breakfast is not to be missed. There are plenty of bars and restaurants around the hotel. We had room 17 on a Friday night where there was a disco at the back of our room keeping us awake for some time, try get another room

Room Tip: don't book into room 17 noisy disco at the rear
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
barry k, Manager at O'Loughlin's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear geoffrey s,

Many thanks for taking the time to review O'Loughlins Hotel. I appreciate you pointing out that our staff are very friendly, and I am glad that you enjoyed your full irish breakfast.
My apologies for the issues with noise you experienced, we do try where possible to accommodate guests away from the nightclub, but regretably this is not always possible.

Barry Kennedy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
Clanard Court Hotel
The Heritage Killenard
The Heritage Killenard
#1 of 1 in Killenard

Been to O'Loughlin's Hotel? Share your experiences!